What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GG#4 x C99.

gmanwho

Veteran
So i gifted a pack to my Buddy of Cinderella 99 by wallyduck. It was a seedbay or Boo freebie from not even sure when. maybe 2006?? i cant put a true date on it to be exact.

One male was the only survivor. He gave me back the male an i flowered it out an collected the pollen.

early flower
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mid flower when i collected the pollen.

picture.php

picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
additional photos

additional photos

picture.php

I then seeded a few different cuts in 2 different rooms , about day 15, then again day 20. i used a small paint brush an dabbed the pollen on.

picture.php

since i had random seeds starting on their own after the room reloads. i decided to start a bunch.

picture.php

so 21 gg#4 x C99 seeds started.

1 tap root stall
2 one inch tap root stall
18 fully sprouted, broke one during transplant.

decided to put one of the inch stall seeds in.
4 containers, 17 seeds. survival of the fittest!!

about week after planting. lost 2, one did this coil thing an tap root didnt wanna go down for water, shriveled up. then had one more shrivel up. 15 sprouts

picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
showing duck foot an leaf twist already

showing duck foot an leaf twist already

showing duck foot an leaf twist already. interesting leaf patterns . top pick is in same order as before. can see how they advanced. will be getting more food an light as of now

picture.php

picture.php

***Feb 14 2017 update***

So of those that started above, i managed to keep an sex 7 females. some are showing great vigor above others. a few are standing out already with vigor an smell. Alot has happened in between to keep up with. The 7 gg4 x c99 just went into a test tent. i would rather give them a tent then take a space up in the main flower rooms at this point in the game. They are going under 640w of led's. first time using led's. update when canopy fills a little better after cutting back an cloning an transplant.

Last edited:

gmanwho

Veteran
frist gg x c99

frist gg x c99

** edit 4/25/17 *** so this is the only DEFINITE gg x c99 flowered out full at this point. tbh, i completely forgot it was in the room. it was a last minute replacement for a sad plant. it did not get a chance to veg much and or roots to fill the bucket before the flip. i will edit this later on when i get to the other females...

structure reminds me of the diesel variations of casey jones i had. i knew it was differnt when i was pulling down the glue section. i kept smelling mango. then i realized i had it in there. was labeled #8

smells like chemical , sweet/fermenting mango, meets garlic body odor...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Nice looking male and lots of good crosses there, gmanwho.
Bugman made a GG#4 x C99 cross using a Mosca male, I believe.
It made for some nice smoke. I took half the buds at 65 days and the later half somewhere around 80 days. The 65 day buds have a soaring high and long cured to a fruity/floral candy smell and taste . The 80 day buds have a much heavier stone while smelling more hashy and sweet.
picture.php

picture.php

gmanwho

Veteran
bigdiesel... i am not sure. i have never delt with seedbay other then purchasing, but i would consider sending some in for the server fund,

captahab... those look nice an frosty. i like the sounds of your description. i hope i can find something as worthy as your photos.

I literally have 2 thousand plus ggx c99 seeds. that bag in the photo of ggxc99 contained about 550 seeds. wifey is still deseeding colas, easily 4-5 times that bag in the photo. i overdid it. well actually, the pollen was veryyyyy viable. very. it seeded alot of nearby colas as well.

enjoy the input... b well everyone

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That gg4 x c99 sounds like a great cross. You should get a hold of Clarence and donate some to the server fund. I know I would like to get some!

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sidenote.......wallyduck's c99 is still one of my favorite plants grown to date. I had a freebie pack from the bay that had 5 seeds in it. I was only able to get 1 to sprout. It had this insane grape smell to it. The taste was totally different, a lips smacking sour flavor.
I do now have a freebie pack from house of love derived from wally's stock, it says it's a f5.
Will delve into these eventually.

gmanwho

Veteran
That gg4 x c99 sounds like a great cross. You should get a hold of Clarence and donate some to the server fund. I know I would like to get some!

i plan on it. i first gotta run a batch to see they arent bunk. i doubt they will be, but u never know. if things go right by december or so.

i still have 3-4 clones of the c99 father. an i dont plan on removing the gg#4 from rotation any time soon. or atleast as long as i can help it. so if they go well there could be a third batch created.

on another note of grape smells. i am running the 80's hasplant grape pheno finally ..was gifted to me atleast 6months back.

i also have 2 head sugarre's started from original packs in flower right now. i have 1 male as well. one female is veryy promising while the other still looks good, but not like the other. there are very sweet candy undetones an pretty greasy. they have amazing structure. those are c99 x sour diesel v3

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
:tiphat:nice thread , i love c99 so much, such a good all day smoke , and fantastic flavor to boot. i have a baby c99 x gg4/sdibl going outside , its so tiny but im trying to make seeds, i dropped 3 c99 x sour d ibl into soil looking for a male cause ive grown this cross and its great . cant wait to see how your cross comes out ,

gmanwho

Veteran
updated post number 3 with recent pics. getting some really interesting leaf patterns. duck foot an gg#4 leaf twist already!!! unless that was from lower food strengths

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some crazy looking leaves in those latest shots.

One looks like ABC... Australian Bastard Cannabis... & one looks like an oak leaf...
Crazy mutations in dem seedlings.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Nice looking male and lots of good crosses there, gmanwho.
Bugman made a GG#4 x C99 cross using a Mosca male, I believe.
It made for some nice smoke. I took half the buds at 65 days and the later half somewhere around 80 days. The 65 day buds have a soaring high and long cured to a fruity/floral candy smell and taste . The 80 day buds have a much heavier stone while smelling more hashy and sweet.
View Image
View Image
nice looking buds cap,& yea i used mosca c99 male

bigdiesel... i am not sure. i have never delt with seedbay, but i would consider sending some in for the server fund,

captahab... those look nice an frosty. i like the sounds of your description. i hope i can find something as worthy as your photos.

I literally have 2 thousand plus ggx c99 seeds. that bag in the photo of ggxc99 contained about 550 seeds. wifey is still deseeding colas, easily 4-5 times that bag in the photo. i overdid it. well actually, the pollen was veryyyyy viable. very. it seeded alot of nearby colas as well.

enjoy the input... b well everyone
ive made a bx1 & a bx2 back to GG4
ide like some of your seeds
you cant go wrong with gg&c99:tiphat:

Mr. Miyagi

wow...those definitely look interesting!
I lost my c99 x's years ago...huhh....

I'd like to try some of them as well..