What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Congo Haze/Red Congolese/John Sinclair

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
We have The Conroy (Congolese x Jack) and are about to offer testers of Congolese X Blockhead very soon...

HTH,
Chimera

Chimera

Veteran
Clocked high by Quantacan't perhaps? .. the Harborside folks themselves told me the numbers are just to help sales and are not really reliable and read typically higher than a validated HPLC assay. I laughed and asked 'Isn't it more important to have numbers that reflect what's in the medicine?!?' ... silence.....

bigbag

Veteran
got the info off the online menu. funny tho, rarely any flowers over 20% according to them. most in the mid-high teens. seems more down to earth than many others who claim mid-high 20's...

Chimera

Veteran
Most flowers are in the 15-18 range, straight up. Less peak over 20%, only a few over 25% and very, very rarely up towards total 29% THC equivalents. That's the potential total THC measured by HPLC and subject.to 100% decarboxylation when burned or processed (near impossible-some cannabs are always destroyed during processing/decarb).

GC/FID really only measures THC or CBD peaks because the THCa and/or CBDa are decarboxylated (also some are destroyed) in the injector @250 C.. GC reads can be as high 30% low from equipment induced error. HPLC is the way to measure cannabs because the readings represent what's actually IN the flower, meaning mostly THCA and a small amount of THC. The total of the two, after.the THCA is decarb'd, is what is referred to as THC equivalents, and most often seen on dispensary menus in the US. It's always a good idea to ask how the measurement was taken before making an assumption about the potency. The fact that 15% THC weed gets pretty much everybody ripped should say something... there more than just high THC numbers in this thing we call "potency".

HTH,
-Chimera

Last edited:

Charles-scott

Veteran
The Red congolese is coming back in the next few weeks just test growing the seeds now , its not extinct I have been busy and had to get the master clone back in the house .
I am producing a s-1 female version .
Charles
please check in at my FB page for updates

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles-scott

Veteran
Keep up the good work Charles. That's what we all need more new different strains to grow and use.
Here is the Congolese Mom The same mother as I used to produce the original red congolese .
Its interesting how many folks are following the same genetic direction as I did back in 03-5 using the Congolese , Nigerian and King .
I will post a picture of the original Male line I used back in the day to produce the red Congolese .
I have produces a new congolese female line s-1 , for regular seeds I have selected a male from the f-2 generation of the first f-1 I have also made a super silver haze reversed mother to pollinate the congolese we are growing them all out and will determine the best direction as I no long have the Afghan x Acapulco gold .

Attachments

• redcongo.jpg
    redcongo.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Charles-scott

Veteran
Here is the only remaining picture of the parent line I will also ad a bud shot of afghani 77 we used back than .
Its back and is being used to reproduce the DAS double afghan slam .

Attachments

• 1071AGxAFG-thumb.jpg
    1071AGxAFG-thumb.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 15
  • afghani-77.jpg
    afghani-77.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 19

Charles-scott

Veteran
Most flowers are in the 15-18 range, straight up. Less peak over 20%, only a few over 25% and very, very rarely up towards total 29% THC equivalents. That's the potential total THC measured by HPLC and subject.to 100% decarboxylation when burned or processed (near impossible-some cannabs are always destroyed during processing/decarb).

GC/FID really only measures THC or CBD peaks because the THCa and/or CBDa are decarboxylated (also some are destroyed) in the injector @250 C.. GC reads can be as high 30% low from equipment induced error. HPLC is the way to measure cannabs because the readings represent what's actually IN the flower, meaning mostly THCA and a small amount of THC. The total of the two, after.the THCA is decarb'd, is what is referred to as THC equivalents, and most often seen on dispensary menus in the US. It's always a good idea to ask how the measurement was taken before making an assumption about the potency. The fact that 15% THC weed gets pretty much everybody ripped should say something... there more than just high THC numbers in this thing we call "potency".

HTH,
-Chimera
I agree totally the vast majority of what we run is in the 12-17 % whenever we break 20% we always run multiple tests to verify .
Its frustrating when people use analytical Data as a marketing tool I was at a dispensary recently that told me they and several others always use a Specific lab because the numbers are more favourable from them .
I asked them what about accuracy they said who is to say which is accurate it helps us to sell the product when the data suggests a higher % of active .
This conversation was stemmed from the fact that they were advertising flowers we provided at 4.5% higher THC than we had tested them at I asked what company they were using LOL
I know the equipment we have ran 3 separate tests on was new and had just been calibrated by a leading expert .
There is some controversy and different opinions about HPLC vs GC I think a lot can be said for the tech and his understanding of the values .

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Only test that is 100% accurate is a personal smoke test. .. unless u have ur own testing facilities n doin the test for personal knowledge. ... if money is to be made based off the scores i automatically have doubts... if udont have any money on the dog in the fight n u test him to see what he got i feel a bit less suspect but shit its amazing how many tests show 25-28% n the buds were very dissappointing to put it nicely...

Brookky

Charles it sounds like you have a lot of new stuff going that's good to hear. I will be looking forward to the future to try some new stuff. Just keep us posted.

harold

Its back and is being used to reproduce the DAS double afghan slam

Hi Charles, id love to try this one again, me and another grower thought it was awesome, grew it back in 2006 or 07? when will the new das be released?

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hi guess so I have PRODUCED a true s-1 of the master Mother that was selected by vision creator from the seeds I have him in 02/03
Charles

CannaBruh

John Sinclair I think from Reeferman? maybe 10 years or so ago. It would go red to red/plum in color from end of flower to cure. The smell was, nothing like it. I hit it with C99 (or grapekrush, cannot recall now) but does anyone still make that John Sinclair strain? Was kinda woody kinda leggy, but nice flowers, prone to PM and it was obvious when it had it as it would contrast against those colors. The smell could almost be like what someone's grandma's house who keeps it nice and clean and purfumey, but fruity, kinda foul fruit. Ok rambling..