What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Superthrive - What is it?

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well Clack, Cannabis is also illegal to grow in the United States on a Federal level regardless of State law - so I guess we all better stop that too since we are going to be obey the letter of the law legal eagles about it. I applaud you concerns regarding it not being organic (it is) and can appreciate your position because we all have to take one but just because it did not have a politically correct label on it does not mean it's not a useful or valuable tool for people growing plants. I don't want anyone being misinformed about what exactly is in it.

Superthrive is not a miracle cure-all but it definitely has beneficial effects for seedlings, transplants, and plants under stressful conditions. I honestly could care less what they put on the label since we know whats in it already. Same ingredients found in many other widely used and accepted plant rooting / growth supplements.

Naphthaleneacetic acid, an ORGANIC COMPOUND is a plant hormone in the auxin family it is commercially used to increase the vegetative growth of plants or aid the rooting of cuttings. Surely it is not a "pesticide" whatsoever regardless if it may be labeled as such by any regulatory agencies.

Cannabis is also scheduled as a dangerous drug:

Schedule I:

The drug or other substance has a high potential for abuse.
The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

I guess we better stop growing & smoking it in that case. :pointlaug

Yeah how bout NOT! :greenstars:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Someone here told me the biggest differentiator between superthrive and B1 is Superthrive contains triacontanol, an extract from alfalfa meal. I'm also told alfalfa meal + B1 is not only cheaper, but better than superthrive for most applications. THere's also a Canadian site that sells powdered humic acid, folic acid etc in TINY amounts for dirt cheap, like 1 gram makes 100 gallons-type-stuff. I'll have to go find that site again...

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
I used to use both The Green and the Red.That was a longtime ago.Bottles last forever because I would only use the Green one time and The Red one time(per Run)..There not like some Bloom Boostr or anything that is going to make Plants explode and get Huge,it's just a stress reliever,but if you keep your Plants Happy,you don't really need it.But if I still had some,I'd use it here n there.But I wouldn't buy more,no real need.Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed🌱🍁🍀

F. Dupp

Veteran
I run a low pressure aero system and have for about 6 years. Its safe to say that I know my system pretty well. I use Lucas formula with 2ml per gallon Calmag and 2/3ml per gallon Orca in RO and thats it, as I have found that the less I put in my water the better my roots do. Anyways, about two months ago I reintroduced Superthrive into my garden (I used to use it in dirt back in the day) and I have noticed a fairly significant increase in the health of my plants that are in veg. My roots have become thicker, fuzzier, and whiter. My foliage has become greener, and my stalks have gotten thicker. If this stuff is snake oil then consider me duped. A one ounce bottle that cost me $5 has lasted two months. I just bought a 4 oz bottle last night and I intend to continue using it.

I took these pics yesterday. I will take some root pics today if I remember.

Attachments

• superthrive.jpg
    superthrive.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Superthrive1.jpg
    Superthrive1.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Superthrive2.jpg
    Superthrive2.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 15

F. Dupp

Veteran
Thanks cyat. This is one of the average plants at day 12 of veg. There were plants with more impressive roots, but I cant even get them out of the system without slightly damaging the roots at this point, which is a problem I rarely had before using Superthrive. These plants still have 9 more days till they go into flower. Theyre gonna be big ones.

Attachments

• Superthrive3.jpg
    Superthrive3.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Superthrive4.jpg
    Superthrive4.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 14

LostTribe

Premium user
I run a low pressure aero system and have for about 6 years. Its safe to say that I know my system pretty well. I use Lucas formula with 2ml per gallon Calmag and 2/3ml per gallon Orca in RO and thats it, as I have found that the less I put in my water the better my roots do. Anyways, about two months ago I reintroduced Superthrive into my garden (I used to use it in dirt back in the day) and I have noticed a fairly significant increase in the health of my plants that are in veg. My roots have become thicker, fuzzier, and whiter. My foliage has become greener, and my stalks have gotten thicker. If this stuff is snake oil then consider me duped. A one ounce bottle that cost me $5 has lasted two months. I just bought a 4 oz bottle last night and I intend to continue using it.

I took these pics yesterday. I will take some root pics today if I remember.

What kinda veg lights and bulbs you using there?

3snowboards

I give the water just the smallest taste of some well aged nectar
Superthrive
Meet
Super Fruit

I use it also for transplants stress

picture.php
picture.php