What's new

LED for 4x4 tent

zico420

hey guys im about to start growing and i did alot of research and reading i got the gist of everything i need but im having trouble figuring out a good LED light for a 4x4 tent. i cant decide between OPTIC, KINDLED, adavnce platinum, VIVASPECTRA i even considered paying the 1200 for photo max Black dog led i just cant decide i see good reviews then bad reviews that discourage so now im here seeking help please.

How many would i need also?
i need details please if you use any of these brands let me know how the worked i planing on growing six plants in tent. if you need more info to help me ask away I appreciate this in advance thanks

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Forget the Vispectra! Wanna know why? Do an independent research :)

i'll tell ya why... cause they.. S U C K ...

i used '3' 300w in a 4x3.5ft tent for one grow, and gave em away... what a waste of $$$$- i can't tell you what led's to use- but i can tell ya which one not to

Lucky 7

I purchased an Advanced platinum P300. It's working great. It sounds like this or the next step up is for you. Very little heat, good coverage, plants love it. I have 2 of kush autos and 1 c99 and 1 headband under it. The autos are ready in about 1 week, the others end of August. Works every bit as well as my old 400wtt gavita.

I'm currently using 2 - 600 Watt Vipaspectra's in my 4'x8'x7' Tent. I have 25 plants growing under them & most (18 - 20) of them are doing really well but a few not so good. I think the one's not doing so good are due to me leaving the humidifier on too much as I reached 85% R.H. It's back down near 65% & the plants are looking better. I'm not going to make a final judgement on the Viparspectra LED's just yet...but I will say you have to raise them higher than the manufacturer suggests.
I would use 1 - 600 watt LED & 4- 28 Watt LED Spotlights in the corners for side lighting in a 4'x4' Tent. 2 Clip on Fans, a 6" 500CFM Fan & Carbon Filter & you're good to go.

If you want a good deal on Black Dog look at Craigslist Phoenix. There's a guy selling 5 of them at a good price. Maybe you can work it out. Just type in grow light & you'll see them.

Latest posts

Latest posts