What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

External Exhaust

42ndupchuck

Hey All!

Finally got a tent but could only accommodate a smalllll one (GL40). I figure some is more fun than none. ANYWAY:

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience placing an exhaust fan externally from a tent.

My idea is this would save a lot of vertical space and, I assume, still serve its function. Then the carbon filter would hang inside.

I'll do more research but I figure if people can live (carefully) with their heart outside their body, why wouldn't this work? :bigeye:

BerrySeal

Carbon filter is typically bigger than fan. Put both outside, fan then filter. Just put a dust filter over the fan intake since the filter is working in reverse

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
You can do it either way. If you blow air through the carbon filter then you need another intake filter to protect the fan. A pair of pantyhose works. Or if you got the funds Dust Shroom

al70

Veteran
place your fan on top of the tent outside, i hang mine from the ceiling with bungees, i've got pics i'll post later, filter in the tent and extractor on roof of tent, suspended by bungees,, less noise, you'll get there, goodluck.

al70

Veteran
place your fan on top of the tent outside, i hang mine from the ceiling with bungees, i've got pics i'll post later, filter in the tent and extractor on roof of tent, suspended by bungees,, less noise, you'll get there, goodluck.

i'm a little stoned, sorry, my ducting goes through the roof o the tent to my extractor, my filter is inside hanging from the roof o tent between my lights, duct runs through two 600s nout the roof fan sitting on roof of tent heats my landing n bedroom, when i'm sober i'll get back t'ya, goodluck.

Latest posts

Latest posts