Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > Terpenes for edibles

Thread Title Search
Terpenes for edibles Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2018, 08:40 AM #21
WaterFarmFan

WaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to all
After seeing the success, I decided to go ahead and spend the money for Alpha bisabolol and Ocimene, as well as a few other cheaper ones. Bisabolol was showing in a lot in Indica dom terpene profiles and Ocimene was showing in many sativas. Game on...
WaterFarmFan is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 03-27-2018, 09:05 AM #22
WaterFarmFan

WaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to allWaterFarmFan is a name known to all
I edited my previous post with a lower ratio of terpenes.

Terpenes are no joke. I have done enough testing to really see the power of these substances. I have made over two dozen strain profiles using lab analyses as recipes. Some of the sativa strains will really fuck you up when taken with edibles. I made a strong batch of edibles using Ace's Golden Tiger, and holy hell, the effect seemed to last for days. Smoking/vaping THC reactivates and re-intensifies the effect, even when it is a heavy indica, which to me indicated that terpenes stay bonded to receptors longer than cannabinoids.

All in all I am absolutely thrilled with my terpene isolates. I ordered some more and now have 17 varieties. If you are looking for recipes, go to PSI link below and select 'Flowers' and select 'Terpene Profile'.

https://www.psilabs.org/results/test-results/

You can then search strains, view pictures of flowers to see amber trichome level (which alters terpene profile and effect) and then save terpene data. I made a Excel workbook with pre-formatted sheets that I can copy/paste terpene name and percentage to, that autocompletes recipe fields.

This is the result of my Excel sheet for a version of Chem D:

Terpene Actual Mix Ratio 15ml 30ml

Caryophyllene 0.49% 48.51% 7.27 14.55
DLimonene 0.21% 20.79% 3.11 6.23
β-Myrcene 0.16% 15.84% 2.37 4.75
α-Bisabolol 0.08% 7.92% 1.18 2.37
β-Pinene 0.03% 2.97% 0.44 0.89
α-Pinene 0.02% 1.98% 0.29 0.59
Camphene 0.01% 0.99% 0.14 0.29
Linalool 0.01% 0.99% 0.14 0.29

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:14 PM #23
youareaniceguy

youareaniceguy will become famous soon enoughyouareaniceguy will become famous soon enough
Have you tried decarbing oil sous vide style in a vacuum sealed bag to retain more terps during the decarbing process?
youareaniceguy is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:36 AM #24
WaterFarmFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareaniceguy View Post
Have you tried decarbing oil sous vide style in a vacuum sealed bag to retain more terps during the decarbing process?
That is actually a great idea! I already do sous vide as a step with my candy, but this is a water bath at lower temps. I wonder how the bags would handle hot oil at 245F? Would also be interesting to watch the co2 bubbles during the process. This would theoretically decarb more evenly and perhaps a bit faster as well.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:28 PM #25
SkyHighLer
Got me a stone bad Mana

SkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to beholdSkyHighLer is a splendid one to behold
Looks like standard home vacuum sealer bags aren't up to taking the 250F necessary to follow the decarb bubbling action.

How about using nylon oven 'turkey roaster' bags? Suck the air out with a straw, and knot the top like you would bagging nuggs.
3. Click on the 'reload this page' icon, or hit the return key.

Best to Worst Canned Butane List
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...6&postcount=28

Cannabis Alchemy by D. Gold
https://calgarycmmc.com/E-books/E%20B...0D.%20Gold.pdf

Hash oil techniques and solvents for non BHO hash oil?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338633

Solvents listed as to polarity
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...&postcount=162

The Truth Machine by James L. Halperin (free read provided by the author)
https://coins.ha.com/information/ttm.s
SkyHighLer is offline Quote

Old 04-02-2018, 03:19 AM #26
youareaniceguy

youareaniceguy will become famous soon enoughyouareaniceguy will become famous soon enough
You can use a sous vide bag vacuumed and decarb at 205 for around 1.5 hours. You can watch the bag expand throughout the process to get an idea of how complete decarb is.

Lab tests confirm effective decarb this way for me. Only issue is if decarbing oil instead of flower the oil is difficult to contain in a vacuum sealed bag.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:27 AM #27
ozzieAI

ozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant future
thanks for your ideas and information WFF...i have started playing around with canna caps and have a range of essential oils on there way to me...

"Poison is in everything, and no thing is without poison. The dosage makes it either a poison or a remedy."
Paracelsus
ozzieAI is online now Quote

Old 04-04-2018, 02:06 AM #28
WaterFarmFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by youareaniceguy View Post
You can use a sous vide bag vacuumed and decarb at 205 for around 1.5 hours. You can watch the bag expand throughout the process to get an idea of how complete decarb is.

Lab tests confirm effective decarb this way for me. Only issue is if decarbing oil instead of flower the oil is difficult to contain in a vacuum sealed bag.
Just curious as to why it has to be a vacuum bag at all? What about just using a freezer type ziplock bag? Also, I wonder how alcohol would react to these bags to clean and not lose any yield?

Old 04-04-2018, 02:08 AM #29
WaterFarmFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieAI View Post
thanks for your ideas and information WFF...i have started playing around with canna caps and have a range of essential oils on there way to me...
Nice. You will have to report back on the canna caps + terpenes. Some are very aggressive solvents, so you might do some testing to see if there is any reaction with the outer caps.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:09 PM #30
youareaniceguy

I guess it doesn't have to be a sous vide vacuum bag, but I'm not sure freezer bags will hold up to 205f for an hour or more and not burst the seams, never did for mashed potatoes and they are cooked at 195f.

I told my oil into an envelope that holds it tight while sealed in the bag. Admittedly folding in a way that produces no leaks is the hardest part.