What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Up in Smoke: Ohio Medical Marijuana passed and removed home growing from the law.

shaggyballs

Veteran
The new law would bar patients from smoking marijuana or growing it at home, but it would allow its use in vapor form for certain chronic health conditions. It still requires Gov. John Kasich’s signature.
The new proposal provides a system for legalizing medical marijuana that is tightly regulated but accessible to those who need it.

BUT HOME GROWS ARE NOT ALLOWED...WTF, that is not legalization!
That is just another form of control.

So again we see a monopoly on growing and more rights being taken from us.

DO NOT FOOL YOURSELF, LEGALIZATION MEANS GETTING CANNABIS FROM THE GOVERNMENT, EXPECT EVEN STIFFER PENALTIES FOR HOME GROWING.

I have been stating the same thing for several years now and I can see more and more of it becoming law.

click here for more info.
VOTE NO TO LEGALIZE CANNABIS OR ELSE!

Betterhaff

Veteran
Home growing was never in the law (nor was smoking). Legislators were trying to prevent a ballot issue for legalization in November. One of the groups that was pursuing a ballot issue just pulled the plug stating costs involved...due to the bill that only has to be signed by the Governor to become law. The groups reasoning is probably why pursue the initiative when the voting public feels we don't need it because we already have a medical marijuana law.

Sad

GanjaGrin

I guess its about time to plan on moving. I was waiting, hoping things would work out better but it looks pretty grim for ohio.

Easy7

Veteran
Last I knew Ohio was only 2nd to California in prison population.

I think the whole reason they even passed this law is to remove votes from rec or liberal medical.

GanjaGrin

They passed this law so they can make it their way instead of letting some other groups bill get on the ballot and get voted in. ORG had a great looking bill that they have been trying to get signatures for so it can get put on the ballot for awhile now. Last time I saw they only had 33 out of the 44 counties signatures that they needed in order for that bill to be put on the ballot. I wish we had a chance to vote that bill in. Just didn't get enough help collecting signatures.

If you look over many states, they're pushing more towards medical marijuana through big business where they can pass laws over future years to tax extremely the operations and the fewer but bigger ones there are, the easier it is to make sure they're getting every penny worth. It's rather frustrating really, but there isn't a whole lot we can do about it at the moment. I suppose the plus side is I don't live in Ohio!

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Responsible Ohio ruined our best chance, If those guys would have just put forth a bill that included better home grows and a more open and fair policy for the people, it would have passed. Instead it failed and also scared our politicians and made them realize just how likely another bill was to succeed where RO failed so they immediately pushed this bill through as a scare tactic for those bills that were close to reaching a ballot. They succeeded and did just that.

What I don't understand is the millionaire investors who invested in RO thinking they needed some monopoly to control the industry, They could have made a more open policy and used their millions to produce and compete with all the small time growers. Ohio has a huge Marijuana Market that rivals that of any state. The greed is real and now were screwed.

I have been incarcerated, sued in forfeiture court and still stuck around in hopes that Ohio would follow suit with some of the other states, I am done waiting for Ohio. I am relocating to a Pot Friendly state and I am gonna do what I do best and I'll just come back home when I am ready for retirement.

shaggyballs

Veteran
The game is rigged in Ohio!

One company awarded a license had direct ties to former Ohio House Speaker Bill Batchelder and former Republican Party operative Chris Schrimpf, but the company’s spokesperson claims they were awarded a contract due to the quality of their proposal.

EvergreenState

Another one bites the dust. Government is presently in place to pass laws by the rich and for the rich. Heavy punishment for the poor or modest income folks who would prefer to have the freedom to grow for themselves. When government gets involved you can be sure your freedoms are about to be taken away and if you don't oppose it your liberty is taken.
The government was setup in this country to fulfill these goals, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. This is the definition of liberty:the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.
Does it appear that states are allowing us our liberty or are they taking it away? The answer is obvious. Government agencies have lost site of their whole reason for existence and that is to protect our liberties and not to take them away. The reason governments have lost site of their mission is because we have allowed it. Go out and organize protests in Ohio and show the people how their government is depriving them of their liberty. Don't let them get away with it.

EvergreenState

Just to add to my previous post, here is definition #2 of liberty: the power or scope to act as one pleases.
"individuals should enjoy the liberty to pursue their own interests and preferences"
The reason to keep the definition of liberty clear in everyones' mind is that politicians need to be constantly reminded that protecting and preserving liberty for the people is their main and most important mission. They have forgotten that and we have to remind them on a daily basis.