You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > BHOgart Extractor Thread

Thread Title Search
BHOgart Extractor Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2013, 12:02 AM #21
tommyl

tommyl is on a distinguished road
One critical point not addressed in the directions real well was the fact that the amount of butane, or how far down you recover seems to affect the size of the end muffin that is baked. stopping at around -10 hg leaves a little butane in the mix and bakes a larger more golden muffin. going all the way to -25 to 30 did not work so well for me
tommyl is offline Quote

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 09-05-2013, 12:45 AM #22
Hash Man

Hash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyl View Post
One critical point not addressed in the directions real well was the fact that the amount of butane, or how far down you recover seems to affect the size of the end muffin that is baked. stopping at around -10 hg leaves a little butane in the mix and bakes a larger more golden muffin. going all the way to -25 to 30 did not work so well for me
Im going to try -10 next time. I have noticed a darker extract when i hit -22 to -24 now that u mention it. The appion g5 twin isnt supposed to go under -22hg fwiw.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:01 PM #23
Gray Wolf
A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
We get light extracts at -22, but butane does blow up a bigger muffin than C02. Here is an 85F extract to -22F.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	85F extraction-1-1.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	236081

Believing is seeing and ignorance is bliss until it bites you in the ass!

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

Wise men learn more from fools, than fools from wise men.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.
Gray Wolf is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2013, 05:13 PM #24
furrywall11

furrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the rough
Yeah, the instructions say you're not supposed to go passed -22 because the G5 doesn't like to run dry also dude sez it gives your extract a brown sugar consistency idk if that's necessarily a bad thing - you could always liquify with heat and then do your thing? for me -10hg leaves about 5 cans of butane mixed in with the extract so i can easily pour it into my pyrex, -15 is like motor oil that can be spooned in, and -22 is a nice 'dried out' oil. i usually go for -15 because of time issues. that last 5hg takes 30 minutes or so....

my extractor gets iced over.. i'm experimenting with heat guns and an omega chemical resistant heating pad.

here's a random ? - do you think %8-10 is a respectable yield for outdoor sugar trim with buds mixed in?
furrywall11 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:17 PM #25
furrywall11

furrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the roughfurrywall11 is a jewel in the rough
one more... does anyone know if the clamps on the bhogart can be bought over the counter?
furrywall11 is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2013, 06:08 PM #26
Hash Man

Hash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the roughHash Man is a jewel in the rough
Try glacier tanks in oregon

Old 09-05-2013, 06:18 PM #27
Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant futureGray Wolf has a brilliant future
What HM said.

Fervor is the weapon of the impotent. The harder the sell, the poorer the product.

Alas, my ignorance abounds; the more I've learned, the less I know that I know..........

Thou shalt seek and respect the opinions of operators, even unto the third helper, for theirs is a wisdom unknown to technicrats.

In my dotage I finally discovered that the secret to putting on pants both legs at a time is sitting down.

Old 09-05-2013, 06:19 PM #28
Gray Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrywall11 View Post
Yeah, the instructions say you're not supposed to go passed -22 because the G5 doesn't like to run dry also dude sez it gives your extract a brown sugar consistency idk if that's necessarily a bad thing - you could always liquify with heat and then do your thing? for me -10hg leaves about 5 cans of butane mixed in with the extract so i can easily pour it into my pyrex, -15 is like motor oil that can be spooned in, and -22 is a nice 'dried out' oil. i usually go for -15 because of time issues. that last 5hg takes 30 minutes or so....

my extractor gets iced over.. i'm experimenting with heat guns and an omega chemical resistant heating pad.

here's a random ? - do you think %8-10 is a respectable yield for outdoor sugar trim with buds mixed in?
In the ball park. We average around 10/12% and trim can be all over the place.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:56 AM #29
tommyl

tommyl is on a distinguished road
use fresh trim that is not ground up and still has a good smell. No fan leaves or stems
tommyl is offline Quote

Old 09-08-2013, 03:54 PM #30
Gray Wolf

bump