What's new

What grow tent is the best?

A

antman012

Need your help!!

I have looked at few but which one is the best? I know Hydro-Hut had problems with PVC or something but they supposedly got it figured out. I don't know!! Hopefully you can help me quickly... I am buying one in the next day or two...

I am looking for quality, ease of setup etc... Hydro hut, Home box, etc...

Thanks....

Secret Jardin makes different tents that don't have off-gassing problems and are easy to set up. I have a DR 40 (it is small and now used for drying) that has never given me problems and another tent that I dont remember the name of so I can't recommend it lol. Depending on how many plants you will use it for, go with at least a DR80 or DR120, maybe even bigger, but the tents work well.

maxxim

Do not buy a death hut from HH.....

I had both my original skin and the replacement kill off plants.

I luckly sold it on craigslist.....

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
Hey Maxxim, dont sell that junk on Craigslist. your just screwing another grower out of their crop and / or entire genetic lineup. :asskick:

I have the Homebox and it works great. Never had a problem. I was thinking of getting another tent to go next to it, but i wouldn't buy a used HH.... now :jerkit:

JazzJazz

I agree Natagonnaworrie with you on reselling the kiss of death chamber to someone else. I lost my bubblegum strain because of the off gassing issue with a new HH unit i bought last year at about this time. What a nightmare that was. My vendor replaced it with a Sun Hut that has white lining also but it has worked great for me and would recommend one to someone else.

Later,
Jazz

touringfunkband

Whatever tent you choose, make sure your light source and tent size are a match. You don't wanna be running a 1k hps in a tent too small which will be impossible to cool. Most manufacturers will suggest in their literature what size lights best fits each tent. I know Secret Jardin does.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
smokesalot420 said:
Secret Jardin makes different tents that don't have off-gassing problems and are easy to set up. I have a DR 40 (it is small and now used for drying) that has never given me problems and another tent that I dont remember the name of so I can't recommend it lol. Depending on how many plants you will use it for, go with at least a DR80 or DR120, maybe even bigger, but the tents work well.

I second this post.

A

antman012

Got it.. Thanks for the advice and everyone can chill now... Still trying the closet thing but this cheese just keeps getting taller!! Maybe 4 1/2 feet now under a 250 Agro Sun with side 85 CFL's...

Why can't I post pics??? Do you have to pay to do that or something? What's up? Not that I really should be posting pics, but I got med card so I'm good and if you raid me you will look pretty silly when you find my 1 plant....

Thanks Guys & Gals.....

Last edited:

ft100

ICMag Donor
Veteran
go homebox, youll be happy. i have experienced 2 brands. homebox is my pick. peace and smoke.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
my secret jardin Darkroom tent is not even close to lightproof. I think the company completely sucks because they advertise one thing, and sell another. CRAP.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Secret Jardin makes the best tent on the market in my opinion.. I bought one of the original models and then bought an updated one a few months later. Just now are other manufacturers catching up to the design of the Jardin tents.

The Homebox Silver models could be worth investigating, as they have added all the Jardin features, but I'd like to know if they fixed the corners which are supposedly weak.

inreplyavalon said:
my secret jardin Darkroom tent is not even close to lightproof. I think the company completely sucks because they advertise one thing, and sell another. CRAP.

Nothing about the Jardin tents is advertised incorrectly, imo. Would you care to be specific about how your tent is not lightproof? I've heard of some pinholes appearing in the cover after taking it up and down a few times, but I'd hardly say that makes the company "completely suck" or mean they have somehow falsely advertised.

Your opinion seems over-the-top, almost silly, but perhaps you'd care to elaborate?

Last edited: