What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tuner or Muscle?

well I wanted to see what kinda hobby cars other fellow ICMaggers have...

At the moment...I had to turn my '08 Turbo tC back in due to CA police...and my other hobby car is a Talon TSi AWD...and yes...its Tuner...haven't had the fun to play with a full blown muscle car yet. Even if I do go muscle...its still going to be EFI with turbos or a supercharger...theres noting like boost and a BOV between shifts... :smile:

...but this isn't to hate on any car owners, just see what everyone has "on the side"

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
nofront.jpg

stock turbo, 13psi, 230whp 223wtq

I am waiting until fall to pull the trigger on a new R35.

I am planning on doing the Switzer SP800 tuning program. Amuse Ti exhaust. Dymag/HRE wheels.

post some pics of your R35...my co-worker/icmagger has the new EVO X with a lil work...fun ass car...and he has a '95 RX7 fully built...lots of fun times! haha

project

My vote is for tuner, I grew up in the pre fast & furious era I miss those days...

btw the talon & gsx are wicked yute and nothing beats boost & awd!!!
New Skyline ain't no joke 11's stock.......

project

thanks for the vid, that car is just a beauty
Nissan has a place in my heart use to
Have a b14 se-r & a s14 great cars...

HippySlayer

Aussie Muscle

Aussie Muscle

Aussie straight six muscle is the preferred motorvation in our garage.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2ylorZfuw
New engine is being built atm.
4.1 L (250ci) Aussie Ford Iron Head Crossflow 6
Fully balanced with lightened flywheel & XHD Extreme single plate clutch.
+.030" 10:1 pistons with 5cc dish (can't get flat-tops for some reason)
shotpeened rods with ARP rod bolts
high volume oil pump & custom sump
CROW Cams Stage 2 hydraulic street cam with a power range of 1800 - 4800 rpm.
+.130" oversize valves with double valve springs, hardened valve seats ( with a 5-angle cut) & titanium retainers
head thoated, ported, polished & matched to inlet manifold
Redline 2 barrel manifold with customised 4 barrel plate, ported and polished by me :)
450cfm 4-barrel Holley with vacuum secondaries
2.5" custom exhaust with LUKEY muffler
should be good for about 220 RWHP
The car recently turned 30, so I figured a heart transplant would be an excellent B-day present for her.

Last edited:

thc43

Veteran
shall add something alittle different to the mix. my first car was a dark cherry red series 2 82 Mazda Rx7 she was a mint daily. Jap import it was unlike most series 2s factory 3.9 lsd think they came in Aus 13b spec, Stock 12a unopened this car gave me a common love hate relationship with circle power. sooo much potential but had a whole 99rwHp 1064kg great first sports car or even chics car will teach alot and basic to work on if you have small hands :joint: they'll learn fast using the throtle like no other piston ive driven smooth changes can be an art form specially in traffic without spinning clutch or... One night playing in the forest gravel tracks i turned her to scrap slid backwards over a draiage ditch bannana comes to mind. years of fun for $2200 back in 1996ish.

There where many more to come all Rx7s series 1/2/3s one being a Minter bare shell build after loosing a shitter in a rear end crash paid out enough to buy a stripped shell years later and a new colour she rolled out as a semi original build series 1 shell, New series 3 panels doors bumpers and rear lights basically the lightest straightest shell i could find was a 78 series 1 but ran series 3 diff, s5 turbo box and a 13bt engine from a 89 s5 rx7 half cut later rebuilt once or twice. Sold long ago to semi upgrade these cars are near vintage i wanted Power steer. decent stock brakes and cheep to slowly work. ISettled on an aus spec for the Abs but with that i got one of the heaviest s5s made bonnet is twice the weight of jap same for the doors with intrusion bars but it was quiet inside went well now in the world of forced rotors 89 rx7 heavier but injected and turbo motor stock easy to pull 250 to 500hp bigger fuel/turbs

78 series 1 but s3 lookalike
19673phpbsDrAyAM.jpg

Under the bonnet/ hood 8913bt of 960kg 78s1 rebuilt import engine extend ported new seals and freshed up no $$$ for all new.

day i sold it:wallbash: if only i had a 4 car garage:dueling:
19673rx7_s1T_014.jpg

Probally not smart posting current car the 89 fc3s Rx7 with spanking motorin it now still running her in 500Km togo:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: This car compared to the above is tough no power till the boost comes on but its fun to drive on Sundays. She begs for a turbo upgrade im waiting for a mate to throw a S/H garret to4 medium size huffer on his.
Although it could be time to start thinking about my next car handling wise the FC rear end is hard to get right. Maby a imported jap Cab, 4 door Toyota Aristo twin turbo few nice ones around or a cheeper 2006/7 series 8 rx7 being the last of the RX7s mazda produced before going to the Rx8 hasnt grown on me yet although much like the first gen rx7 in 78 was a good/ best chassis for the time but power was to come in later series. Romours of a new rx7 in the works built on testedimproved mx5 chassis back to light weight RoToR power with but with a newly designed engine basicly thicker rotors/ housings making motor a cm or so longer = high 300 to 400hp Without turbo which is crazy when you think the best of the light weight s8s 2005 on had only 300rwhp with twin turbo with an engine still very much the same as the first turbo rotor in 85/86.

I gota go to bed or i will be off to the shed of lost hours.

Stay safe

Thc
needs love.
19673rx7_Sv_misc_026.jpg

Back on the road again
19673rx7_Sv_misc_006.jpg

SpoCannabis

well I wanted to see what kinda hobby cars other fellow ICMaggers have...

At the moment...I had to turn my '08 Turbo tC back in due to CA police...and my other hobby car is a Talon TSi AWD...and yes...its Tuner...haven't had the fun to play with a full blown muscle car yet. Even if I do go muscle...its still going to be EFI with turbos or a supercharger...theres noting like boost and a BOV between shifts... :smile:

...but this isn't to hate on any car owners, just see what everyone has "on the side"

DSM guy eh?!?! Me too...hehe... here is a pic of my last DSM that i worked on for about 3yrs. It a 97 Eclipse GSX... just sold it a few months ago and still miss it like crazy lol...

143883025_m.jpg

143883047_m.jpg

I currently drive an 03 S2000.

Drove a '93 FD Mazda rx-7 with an ls1 conversion... Was the best of both worlds. Sexy as a tuner car can get. With ALL AMERICAN muscle. Truly The fucking sexiest.

OCdirty

I've done both....had an 11 second civic that was originally a drag car that turned into a road race car. Now drive a Holden Monaro/Pontiac GTO/Vauxhaul Monaro (LS2, RWD).....restored a few classics too....have a fully chopped '55 suburban (my magazine car, been in 10), and 66 mustang, and am doing a sunbeam tiger right now...was planning on a SR20 swap but will do this one original and swap a SR20 into an alpine :)

OCdirty

My baby.....tuner at heart here!!

love this too...i had a shell for 6 months before I flipped it....wanted to do a 3 rotor, then a turbo 13B...then was set on an LS after driving one w/ the swap....but sold the shell for another project

very clean wankel!