What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tikal x Honduras test grow

OZZ_

Veteran
Quick and simple single Tikal x Honduras tester. She’s at day 8 11/13 and is now confirmed as female.

She’s in a 2 gallon pot of straight happy frog with 3 spoonfuls of lime, that’s it.... and she’s green and happy not asking for anything. She has gotten some random excess light nutes that are for other plants that are more needy: a light Neptune’s fish/seaweed feeding and a super light biobizz bloom a few days ago. She doesn’t bat an eye so seems like she can handle some feed if need be.

I’ll keep her diet lean for now until she starts putting out, then she’ll get some biobizz bloom at 2 ml/liter.

So far she’s kicking ass and taking names. The sad part of the story is we literally have to move again- in 11 weeks. So she will only get 11 weeks of flowering *unless* I can pull off some ninja maneuvers and relocate her mid-flowering. When the time comes I’ll have to calculate the risk (or lack thereof) of doing so. It may be possible to give her another week to ten days of light deprevation to let her ripen some more in the dark. I’ve never done that, but I’ve seen others do it, and that would extend her to 12-12.5 weeks. We will play it by ear.

Cuttings were taken last night for backup in case I need to chop her early, so I can run her again in the next location.

My living situation sucks right now for growing.... :petting:

For now though let’s see how she does! Off to a great start.

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
13 days after the flip and there’s not much to say here on this girl. She’s basically on autopilot and I don’t even feel like I need to be here :biglaugh:

One of the easiest plants I’ve had the pleasure of growing. She asks for nothing, and if you give her something anyway she takes it with a smile. What a gal!! :biggrin:

It’s very early to comment much on terps but stem rubs give a piney-mint type smell. Maybe like spearmint chewing gum.

So far I love this plant. Easy peasy, will be interesting to see how she progresses through to flowering and how much she stretches. I really hope the clones root for me.

picture.php

OZZ_

Veteran
Nice start Ozz

I’m interested in this one, good luck.

Thanks CB :angelshug:

All signs point to good things! Looking forward to seeing her do her thing. She’s starting to stretch now and I don’t think I’m going to top her either. Just going to let her go and see what comes of it. :biggrin::good:

Mountainkush

Hey OZZ
Really hope you get to finish her, she looks great so far. Very interested to see how she grows. I love Tikal and have a pack of the Honduras In the fridge to try at some point.

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey OZZ
Really hope you get to finish her, she looks great so far. Very interested to see how she grows. I love Tikal and have a pack of the Honduras In the fridge to try at some point.

Hey MK!

Yeah I am too... upon last nights checkup she looked like she’s starting to throw pistils but I’ll have to take a closer look in the next day or two. Turns out our house won’t be done until most likely April now - so we are being told, so it’s possible we might stay out and if so I’ll be able to finish both this Tikal/Honduras as well as the original haze I have going too (assuming female).

As mentioned earlier we will just play it by ear. Until the new house gets built and we move in this is the way it will be for me, unfortunately, but all good things come to those who wait and all of that lol.

Thanks for popping in!

OZZ_

Veteran
17 days 11/13 and she’s starting to pistil up :dance013:

She’s also starting to smell a bit sweeter, possibly some peach/strawberry/fruit type smells but it’s still early for all that so I’m not thinking to hard about it at this point, we will wait until she’s got some bud development on her before critiquing the terps too much.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi OZZ :wave:

Thanks a lot for giving a try to this new R+D cross. I have big expectations about it, probably it's not so high yielding like the Honduras x Panama F1 but i expect the quality of the effects and terpenes will be great as well.

The plant looks very healthy and happy, she is probably delaying flowering since you switch her to flowering when she was not fully sexually matured. Clones will ripe and react to flowering much faster.

Excited to follow your progress with her ;) All the best!

OZZ_

Veteran
Hi OZZ :wave:

Thanks a lot for giving a try to this new R+D cross. I have big expectations about it, probably it's not so high yielding like the Honduras x Panama F1 but i expect the quality of the effects and terpenes will be great as well.

The plant looks very healthy and happy, she is probably delaying flowering since you switch her to flowering when she was not fully sexually matured. Clones will ripe and react to flowering much faster.

Excited to follow your progress with her ;) All the best!

Hey Dubi! Yes she’s just starting to pistil up now but I don’t think that it took her too long considering her lineage. 17 days into flowering isn’t too bad imo, but like you say certainly clones or matured plants may have reacted quicker.

Either way I’m happy with her progress, we will see how she does! Really looking forward to the effects on this one, should be some nice day time smoke :biggrin:

OZZ_

Veteran
Oh.... also I should note that the stem rubs are changing. There’s been a scent coming off her that I haven’t been able to put my finger on until last night.... she smells like pure ginger root. I’m sure this will change with bud development but it’s quite an original scent for me to detect so undeniably on a cannabis plant. Getting really excited for this one!

OZZ_

Veteran
Week 3 11/13

The Tikal/Honduras continues to stretch and is starting to form flowers. As mentioned stem rubs have developed into a wonderful fresh ginger root smell.

Really loving this lady:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

:biggrin:

OZZ_

Veteran
Welp.... I seem to have made this pretty girl mad (must have been my bad jokes at dinner :biglaugh:).

I couldn’t figure out why at first, as she’s only in straight happy frog soil (which is supposedly a light soil) and have not been feeding her.

Then I remembered that about a week or so ago I gave her some extra fish/seaweed that was leftover from one of the blueberry waterings. That must have done it because she clawed up badly on me. My mistake!

Tonight I’m going to give her a good flush with distilled water, then on the next watering I’ll give her a heavy EWC top dressing and see how she responds.

In veg she was bullet proof, and I think that gave me a false sense of security with her. Now in flower she seems much more sensitive to N, which makes sense given her tropical nature. Oddly enough her lower fans are starting to yellow just a tad.... which is weird because she clearly has too much N.

Hopefully the flushing and the worm castings will make her happy again :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SolarLogos

Beautiful plant Ozz, I just saw this thread. Tikal and Honduran sounds like music to my ears! Ginger root sounds interesting. Hopefully peach will show up. I hope you can finish her brother, that would be a very nice smoke! Best of luck
Peace, God bless

OZZ_

Veteran
Beautiful plant Ozz, I just saw this thread. Tikal and Honduran sounds like music to my ears! Ginger root sounds interesting. Hopefully peach will show up. I hope you can finish her brother, that would be a very nice smoke! Best of luck
Peace, God bless

Hey Solar! Hope all is well my friend. Yes she’s a gem! Love her slender appearance and I feel bad I made her claw up so badly, she fooled me in veg... she was thick looking, didn’t seem sensitive... but now into flower just giving her a little leftover fish/seaweed made her claw up like Freddy Kruger :biglaugh:

picture.php

She’s been flushed with distilled water (plus cal mag), top dressed with worm castings and rewatered the castings back in. Now I’ll let her dry out and hope she bounces back.

Did the same with the Ohaze.

Unfortunately with us moving all over the place right now all I can get is bagged soil, and happy frog was the lightest that I could find locally. So all I have at my disposal is bagged soil, my little worm bin and some biobizz and I have to make that work ;)

Good news though! Looks like we are staying here for another 1-3 months after my contract ends so I will have the time I need to finish them. Super happy about that- now I just gotta fix the clawing.

Another positive is all the clones took right off so I have backups for a retry now that I know her needs.

Thanks again brother! Cheers!:good:

MallardDuck

Im sure you will get her happy again OZZ! Subbed! Dreaming of all the beautiful plants from you and rest of the wonderful people on this forum keeps me warm in these cold Canadian nights.

Happy Holidays :skiiing:

OZZ_

Veteran
Im sure you will get her happy again OZZ! Subbed! Dreaming of all the beautiful plants from you and rest of the wonderful people on this forum keeps me warm in these cold Canadian nights.

Happy Holidays :skiiing:

Hey Mallard! Good to see you around and thanks for stopping in!

Im currently very close to the Canadian border so I’ll wave your way tonight while I’m having my nightly smoke ;)

Hopefully this girl will recover. One thing I’m not certain about is, will the leaves that are clawed now fix themselves (Im guessing not?) or will it only be seen on new growth with normal leaf structure??

I’ve never clawed one up this bad before haha :D

RED 1

Welp.... I seem to have made this pretty girl mad (must have been my bad jokes at dinner :biglaugh:).

I couldn’t figure out why at first, as she’s only in straight happy frog soil (which is supposedly a light soil) and have not been feeding her.

Then I remembered that about a week or so ago I gave her some extra fish/seaweed that was leftover from one of the blueberry waterings. That must have done it because she clawed up badly on me. My mistake!

Tonight I’m going to give her a good flush with distilled water, then on the next watering I’ll give her a heavy EWC top dressing and see how she responds.

In veg she was bullet proof, and I think that gave me a false sense of security with her. Now in flower she seems much more sensitive to N, which makes sense given her tropical nature. Oddly enough her lower fans are starting to yellow just a tad.... which is weird because she clearly has too much N.

Hopefully the flushing and the worm castings will make her happy again :)

View Image

View Image

View Image
A psychoactive Ace sativa,is the cure to the problem
Smoke,trip,grow,"record",execute again
:D

OZZ_

Veteran
Hey hey hey! Look who’s feeling better!?

Looks like the flush and the worm castings helped quite a bit, she’s perked up and got a little pep in her step haha

She even looks like she’s trying to “uncurl” her clawed leaves. So that’s a good step in the right direction.

The yellowing in the lower leaves still leaves me puzzled, she’s only 4.5 weeks into flowering so I normally would think she needs food because she’s yellowing her lower leaves this early, but with the clawing I don’t want to feed her either. Maybe a super light biobizz bloom feeding? 2ml/liter? Am I stupid for thinking she needs fed after just getting her to start unclawing? HA!

I’m open to suggestions on this.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php