What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mutated covid in mink?

chilliwilli

Waterboy
That was the first report about the virus situation in month that caught my attention.
Would be bad on a longterm view if the virus finds a harbour in animals with the possibility to jump back to humans.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Nice read from netherlands. Yes it can spread from mink to human. Several infected humans in minkfarm in the netherlands and when sequencing the virus genom its close related to the one found in the mink. Also a lot of workers got tested negative and a few weeks later a high % of them got tested positive. The other covid cases in the same postal code were not related to the one found on the farms.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.01.277152v1.full.pdf+html
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.09.01.277152v1.full.pdf+html

armedoldhippy

Veteran
great! now i don't have to buy the missus a mink coat for Christmas. "i did it for your safety, baby. honest!" :shucks:

St. Phatty

Kill the Mink Farmers - NOT the Mink.

The fur from infected mink will be 100% fur. And can be dis-infected easily.

God what a bunch of sadistic morons.

Kill the Morons who decided to kill the Mink.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Read it's in salmon, too. Be careful where you get it. I think ocean, not farm raised.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Just think of it as the planet's immune system trying to remove a troublesome invader that won't live in balance with it's environment. I think you call them "human beings".

dragongrower

mink farming has not been banned as such.
The farmers "just" need to cull all their animals.

But also their breeding stock, which means that the mink industry in Denmark has been effectively shut down.

T

Teddybrae

Sounds like you're having a bad day, Saint P. "Kill. Kill. Kill."

Kill the Mink Farmers - NOT the Mink.

The fur from infected mink will be 100% fur. And can be dis-infected easily.

God what a bunch of sadistic morons.

Kill the Morons who decided to kill the Mink.

shithawk420

Veteran
My family used to raise mink in the 70s.even got trophy's for it.from what I understand they are nasty dirty little viscous bastards.glad I never had to raise and kill them.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
My family used to raise mink in the 70s.even got trophy's for it.from what I understand they are nasty dirty little viscous bastards.glad I never had to raise and kill them.
My grand father's farm, had a mink farm nearby (not his). Stunk to high heaven during the summer!

Latest posts

Latest posts