What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Super Malawi Haze et al

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Hi Good folks

another small and modest foray into the slightly upgraded tent.

Have some of verdant greens bubba x dc x lemon thai and some of Ace's Super Malawi Haze going.

The bubba x's should go another four or five weeks and the SMH a couple of weeks longer than that.

Both easy to grow so far. A couple of bags seeds in there too.

Cheers

Cakeboy

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
I think I have three different phenos here. One hasn't stretched much at all and wont seem to yield much, this one is also darker green than the other two.

The other two are going to yield a bit better as long as I can keep them green. As the description says they do like quite a strong feed and I have been able to give them the same rate of feed as my other more Affy plants.

The smaller one looks like it will finish a bit before the others. So far not too hard at all
:)

Attachments

• IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 41

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Cakeboy :) Nice to see your thread here.

Are you growing Super Malawi Haze fem or regular ? What's the ph and ec in your waterings and feedings ?

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Hi Dubi

Fems. I’m not using any meters currently as i don’t find them necessary with the canna bio nutes. I started out just following the 20mls per nine litres of water as directed on the canna bottle but i found the plants seeming a little hungry under the 150 watt leds. So I bumped the food up about another third. Just straight tap water and at first I used a ph pen but it doesn’t seem to matter with these nutes which is a reason I use these nutes.
I may try some salts next round but then I would def need the meters.
I started for two weeks 12/12 then 11/13 since then.

Thanks for stopping by

:gday:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Cakeboy,

We also use Canna bio line, very good fertilizers, and although i think they have some sort of ph stabilizer, it's always important to measure and learn with a digital ph and ec meter the ph and ec levels of your water, and how it reacts with the feeding amounts you are using.

Fertilizer brands always like to recommend higher amounts of their fertilizers so growers need to buy bottles more frequently. We always use lesser than what is stated/recommended by the fertilizer manufacturer, attending to the EC levels and to the EC levels that each strain/parent plant need, but for that you will need to measure with precision the EC. The feeding schedule recommended by the fertilizer manufacturer can work with the more hungry modern hybrids but they are too much for most landraces, especially the more untouched landrace sativa strains.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
Thanks Dubi

What do you use for ph down? Previously I have just used lemon juice? Is that viable? Also if you don’t mind what’s a good brand for the ph n ec meters?
Cheers:good:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
We use General Hydroponics liquid ph down.
It works very well, it lowers the ph and gets stable very fast and with very little amounts.

For digital ph and ec meter we use Hanna brand, the portable model we use is a bit expensive, but they have a wide range of models and budgets to choose from.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
week 7 update

week 7 update

Hi Folks

Week 7 and they still growing and still green, so relieved about that. Like I have said three dif phenos including one I'm calling the NL pheno (pic bottom left) just for fun... (don't really have a clue cos haven't grown NL and it don't look indica) but def looks further along in my eyes, probs less smell and dark green compared to the light green of the two bigger ones.

ordered a ph pen and an EC meter so that might help me later in the piece when things can often go awry so that's a bit exciting and for me .. a bit high tech lol... I'm not great at describing the nose but I would say they do smell nice and pleasant to my senses

The biggest pheno which luckily is the one I have backed up is chunking up nicely, can only imagine another few weeks...excited.

Anyway enjoy and thanks to Dubi and Yo Sammy for these, stil have three left to pop too...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad the 3 Super Malawi Hazes are progressing nicely Cakeboy.
Nice colas forming. Keep feeding them strong as they are in their peak of flower production. Best wishes for the upcoming weeks!

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
8 weeks in

8 weeks in

thanks for the encouragement Dubi

I'm late for the 8 weeks update

Here is the nl pheno

and the hazier one

Cheers

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
8 weeks in

8 weeks in

and the bigger lady

the nine weeks update is coming in a couple of days

have a good one y'all

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome Cakeboy,

The first one indeed looks like has more NL influence, although it's not a strictly dominant NL pheno as it shows a balanced NL/Haze expression.

The taller long flowering one is without any doubt more Haze dominant, beautiful red stems, must be a recessive trait also coming from Haze, but not found directly in this Nevil's Haze mother neither in our Malawi Killer.

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
9 Weeks in

9 Weeks in

Hi All

Firstly we have the hazey pheno, still looking the longest in the tooth of the three SMH gals:
picture.php

and
picture.php

and close up:
picture.php

Cheers

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
then the haze/nl mixed pheno, now this one is looking much closer to my eye, I am waiting on my 40x loupe to check the glands but the yellowing leaves seem to be indicating senescence to me at least, the tops of the buds are still expanding and she hasn't really drunk anything for a couple of weeks now:
picture.php

and
picture.php

and
picture.php

cheers

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor
last but not least

last but not least

is the clubber lang pheno, no offence to her but she's a brute:
picture.php

and
picture.php

and overview
picture.php

thanks to VG and Teddybrae for showing how to get photos on

Cheers Y'all

deepwaterdude

Agree with the above - lovely job and very nice, potent looking expressions of the line;) You're a week ahead of me, my little girl just finished 8 weeks.

Nico Farmer

Nice plants here, I wish you some pretty tasty buds!

We use General Hydroponics liquid ph down.
It works very well, it lowers the ph and gets stable very fast and with very little amounts.

I agree, very stable, I use 1ml/L. For info, GHE has changed brand name, now it is Terra Aquatica.

:tiphat:

G

Can you tell me how long you vegged these from seed before flipping ??

Latest posts

Latest posts