What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

need help with identification

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
:party: Harvest day finally came!!! I need help Identifying this girl.
came from the ace mix pack
* flowered for 14 weeks, although I think I might have waited
to long.
* she had very weak stems.
* seeded, but I don't know how as no males or light leaks. I don't think it hermed, but never had one before.
* got a really large harvest guessing 5 or 6 oz
* looks exactly like the malanje x Malawi x Ethiopian in the African strains thread. Tangwena pg147 #1463. actually looks more like mine than my pictures. I didn't have them tied up from the top. (my pictures suck)
* I did smoke a little sample, not cured yet, nice buzz but weak(that's what makes me thing I waited to long) seems I had trouble sleeping .

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Genetic test is the only way to know for sure and phylos is a bunch of scumbags so yeah, here we are.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Thanks for taking a look.....

Thanks for taking a look.....

Not from the tropical mix pack, although I expected it to finish sooner. I have the tropical mix pack, but haven't opened it yet. :bigeye: They were the standard seeds although she started showing sex very early in veg. I'm new to hazes, but I plan to cure it 3 weeks min. Does that sound about right, or should I cure longer?:canabis::joint:

Last edited:

brickweeder

Not from the tropical mix pack, although I expected it to finish sooner.

Yeah, the 14 weeks seems long for the std mix, that's why I asked about the tropical. I wonder if its a GT x. I've got a std mix in hibernation, but I'd like to get to that...seems like fun doing a grow without knowing the strains.

What lighting did you use...she filled in quite nicely.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
yes, she did fill in nicely. I wish I had taken cuts. She was under 600 watts HPS. I'm in the process of setting up a scrog screen for my Malawi's and Panama's .:headbange

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi cough_cough_eer,

Congrats on the harvest. It's difficult to fully confirm the genetic background of your girl from the screen, but surely looks like a more tropical sativa expression, most probably Honduras Mexican pheno or an Ethiopian hybrid. There are some nanners in the flowers so the plant pollinated itself, sorry for that.

ACE Mix usually contains fast flowering genetics but since any mislabeled seed during sorting process goes to the ACE Mix rarely more longer flowering genetics can be found.
Really nice yield tho. Hope the finished product is of your taste.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I did smoke some of it last night, really liked it,:joint: seems it get better as it cures. I never saw any male parts, my first hermie. I'm kind of glad to have seeds because none of the cuts rooted. It doesn't matter what it is, I just wanted to know where to put the pins on my map,(collecting pot from all over the world) so far Panama and Malawi. I'm really looking forward to the tropical mix pack now. I have 2 panama(freebees) and 2 Malawi's flowering now, along with some jetfuels. I need a bigger garden.

vcasqui

Ok, I've been looking at those pics for a couple days now already, trying to figure out. So, I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but since I don't know the answer I might as well ask:

What's the brown part in the buds? Is it mold (and in that case, what kind?), is that part just dry?(why?).

:thank you:

SolarLogos

I did smoke some of it last night, really liked it,:joint: seems it get better as it cures. I never saw any male parts, my first hermie. I'm kind of glad to have seeds because none of the cuts rooted. It doesn't matter what it is, I just wanted to know where to put the pins on my map,(collecting pot from all over the world) so far Panama and Malawi. I'm really looking forward to the tropical mix pack now. I have 2 panama(freebees) and 2 Malawi's flowering now, along with some jetfuels. I need a bigger garden.
If you can give a description of the smells/terpenes, it would greatly help in positive identification. Nice job:tiphat:

Peace, God bless

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
The smell is different than I'm used too, kind of a woody, spicy smell. not a regular pot smell at all. The effects are improving as I cure, I think its going to be excellent day time smoke. That's just what I need right now:dance013:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
a few more clues

a few more clues

Now that its cured a little longer, starting to smell a citrusy, woody kind of smell,maybe some incense. and it has really small seeds.
The high is present, good if you have something to do, but doesn't last very long.

SolarLogos

Now that its cured a little longer, starting to smell a citrusy, woody kind of smell,maybe some incense. and it has really small seeds.
The high is present, good if you have something to do, but doesn't last very long.
Sounds like Honduran. Give it 6-9 months, the longer the better.
Nice job.