What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adventures with a 30+yr old NL cut

TPFTFW

Veteran
I’ll be reversing her soon and doing the following

NL x Butterscotch
NL x Erkle
NL x ECSD
NL x sowah
NL x several different hazes
NL x Queso
NL x Sour Dubb
NL x Orgnkd’s Ghost OG
NL x Santa Cruz Original haze
NL x ATF
NL x African Haze
NL x Sunset Sherbett
NL x Cookies
NL x SFV

also on the somewhat NL note..
JJYNC sent me some DNL x SS/DNL and I’ll also be popping original Adonai beans from 02-09 from the homies who made her..
successfully germinated some SSH beans from 98 the homie threw me, got 1 male quite a few more beans to go.
idk I’ll use this as a general thread to fuck around in

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Grabbing a seat
Some good nl crosses

All one place thread sounds so appealing ....
Cant wait :tiphat:

Thanks man, should be fun

What is the backstory on this NL cut? Some good crosses you got planned.

It was given to my immediate family from a biker club in Wisconsin in the mid 80’s

I don’t know what NL it is, it’s very piney, tastes like pine needles.. it’s pine in an alpine way not gas etc..

I’ll be getting some herb to Seattle Greg to see if we can’t figure out what it is

hellfire

Nice, interesting. I wonder if its a 1 or 2 instead of the 5. The 2 was more gas/fuely though from what I've read.

I see you have a cut marked the Santa Cruz Original Haze, is it a clone and if so any idea how old it is? Thats the haze supposedly/possibly used in Blue Dream.

highsteppa

Veteran
Nice. What’s the Adonai? Love the name...I keep an old NL with no number. We grow it outdoors locally for a long time, and also straight pine.

HalfArsedFarmer

Hi TP

Can I ask would that be the same Butter Scotch that was used in Free Leonard??

That's A beast I really, really miss.
I was lucky enough to get some seeds of the cut crossed with MR nice spice along with the clone.

Good luck with this old girl, I still love NL and all her crosses.

TPFTFW

Veteran
I love the pine strains
im a fan as well, this was the first plant I ever grew I'm just happy I could get it back for the family it was a fluke

Nice, interesting. I wonder if its a 1 or 2 instead of the 5. The 2 was more gas/fuely though from what I've read.

I see you have a cut marked the Santa Cruz Original Haze, is it a clone and if so any idea how old it is? Thats the haze supposedly/possibly used in Blue Dream.

the 1 and 2 are kushy, a homie believes Hindu Kush may have even been a rename by sensi

the Santa Cruz haze is from the son of the original haze bros (the haze bros were actually just the guys from jersey that sold it back east but for ease of understanding ill just say that its from the original guys in Santa Cruz who made it yes) I believe the cut is from the 80's as well think I was told 87 ill have to double check.. I also am being given original seeds from an 80's repopulation by the homie to pop in vitro... for those that know the cut I have is the root beer.

I can not speak to if it is the cut that made blue dream

Nice. What’s the Adonai? Love the name...I keep an old NL with no number. We grow it outdoors locally for a long time, and also straight pine.

the adonai is what's made pretty much anything "watermelon' in the game.. watermelon kush is likely a hybrid or phenobarbitals of adonai.. karmas "melon' is likely the adonai or a hybrid.

this NL is the first plant I grew outdoors

Hi TP

Can I ask would that be the same Butter Scotch that was used in Free Leonard??

That's A beast I really, really miss.
I was lucky enough to get some seeds of the cut crossed with MR nice spice along with the clone.

Good luck with this old girl, I still love NL and all her crosses.

yes that is the butterscotch Hawaiian used in free Leonard.. I also have a very good cut of free Leonard.. MI represent

Any pictures you could share with us from this girl?
yeah im just getting on the computer to do all this it was on the phone

I have to make an album and all that and remember to not post them not as a thumb nail its been a grip since I actively posted here

Last edited:

TPFTFW

Veteran
Any pictures you could share with us from this girl?

here she is @ 30 days

picture.php

picture.php

I've only ever grown her outside and she has been lost for the past 7-8 years so.. limited on pics I can share this is current tho

Happy Times

I’ll be reversing her soon and doing the following

NL x Butterscotch
NL x Erkle
NL x ECSD
NL x sowah
NL x several different hazes
NL x Queso
NL x Sour Dubb
NL x Orgnkd’s Ghost OG
NL x Santa Cruz Original haze
NL x ATF
NL x African Haze
NL x Sunset Sherbett
NL x Cookies
NL x SFV

also on the somewhat NL note..
JJYNC sent me some DNL x SS/DNL and I’ll also be popping original Adonai beans from 02-09 from the homies who made her..
successfully germinated some SSH beans from 98 the homie threw me, got 1 male quite a few more beans to go.
idk I’ll use this as a general thread to fuck around in

What a fun project this sounds like? No shortage of variety there

NL/Haze is one of my fave old school varieties so it’s neat to see some potential new school versions of this classic in your mix

Also like the sound of the ECSD cross, ATF, and SFV

what’s the difference between ECSD and sowah?

I did some NL from Nirvana a couple years ago in the backyard and just busted some out with a friend yesterday, old school and I like the smoke so much, pine and a hint of fruit, there’s even a bit of cheesiness that came out after a long cure. Down to the last little bit of her now, it’s like you want to hold on to it but also know you should finish it off before it gets too old!

TPFTFW

Veteran
That looks a lot like my NL #5, she's super stacked at 30 days too.

View Image

Looks nice man, I don’t think mine is NL5, I’ve heard NL5 described by Friends as not being very loud (which is why it was so great for breeding, it passed on the smell of the other parent.) also it’s more of a funky fruit type..

What a fun project this sounds like? No shortage of variety there

NL/Haze is one of my fave old school varieties so it’s neat to see some potential new school versions of this classic in your mix

Also like the sound of the ECSD cross, ATF, and SFV

what’s the difference between ECSD and sowah?

I did some NL from Nirvana a couple years ago in the backyard and just busted some out with a friend yesterday, old school and I like the smoke so much, pine and a hint of fruit, there’s even a bit of cheesiness that came out after a long cure. Down to the last little bit of her now, it’s like you want to hold on to it but also know you should finish it off before it gets too old!

Yeah for sure, I got some heaters lined up On the haze project. I’m hoping it comes out as planned..

I’m most excited for the NLxECSD/sours..
Large piney poddy sour towers

I’ll talk more on the sour stuff later I don’t even know at this point.. lol

I’ve been on a hiatus for a while but yes def been there.. golden brown buds that need to be done smoked. It’s that time. lol

HalfArsedFarmer

im a fan as well, this was the first plant I ever grew I'm just happy I could get it back for the family it was a fluke

the 1 and 2 are kushy, a homie believes Hindu Kush may have even been a rename by sensi

the Santa Cruz haze is from the son of the original haze bros (the haze bros were actually just the guys from jersey that sold it back east but for ease of understanding ill just say that its from the original guys in Santa Cruz who made it yes) I believe the cut is from the 80's as well think I was told 87 ill have to double check.. I also am being given original seeds from an 80's repopulation by the homie to pop in vitro... for those that know the cut I have is the root beer.

I can not speak to if it is the cut that made blue dream

the adonai is what's made pretty much anything "watermelon' in the game.. watermelon kush is likely a hybrid or phenobarbitals of adonai.. karmas "melon' is likely the adonai or a hybrid.

this NL is the first plant I grew outdoors

yes that is the butterscotch Hawaiian used in free Leonard.. I also have a very good cut of free Leonard.. MI represent

yeah im just getting on the computer to do all this it was on the phone

I have to make an album and all that and remember to not post them not as a thumb nail its been a grip since I actively posted here

Sweet, if I knew how to to do it I'd post my Napoleon Dynamite gif.. Lucky

Latest posts

Latest posts