What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

flow's grow - 3x3 LED

hi icmag

This is my first tent grow. I'd previously done a few micro grows many years ago. I intend to keep it simple as a basis for developing my skills and methods. Truly I wanted to just water and watch but may use some homemade fertilizer tea and do some topping. Mostly KISS approach for now

Space: 3x3 ebay tent, basement

Light: "1000w" ebay LED, real draw is around 100w. Looks like 3500k or so with some red diodes mixed in. I think it looks similar spectrum /PAR to the spiderfarmer/mars hydro 100ws. I also have another blurple light I may use for flower

Soil: FF Ocean Forest. I intended to add perlite before transplanting but honestly forgot. Now I need to especially not over water

Water: Tap Phd down to 6.5 with apple cider vinegar.

Other noteables:

Fan
Cheap Hygrometer/temp probe

Molasses
Epsom if needed

Needed:
Exhaust fan set up. Light is not real hot so it's perfect right now but wishing I had more negative pressure.

Started out with failing to germinate the seeds I planned, but the random bagseed popped. At this point I'm just going to proceed with it and hope for a happy heavy plant :) no idea what it was.

I'm a month in but will post replies with progress pictures I took up to current.

Here's first day above and second day moved to tent:

Attachments

• 20200413_090849.jpg
    20200413_090849.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20200414_171508.jpg
    20200414_171508.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 24
Day 11. Daytime stable around 70f nights are still cool. Letting it dry out a bit between watering

Last edited:
Day 14

Good development on the next leaf set. A bit of leaf twisting, I think it was too close to the light here so I moved it lower. Otherwise humming along, going to transplant soon.

Last edited:
Day 19

Moved to new home. Forgot to add perlite while transplanting. Doh

Gave her some molasses with her water. Mixed a tip of a teaspoon (1/16th?) To 20 oz water.

Daytime still near 70f

Last edited:
Day 21

Looks like transplant went well. No overt shock. Fan leaves are nice and big, indica leaning would be fine by me. A few spots on the second leaf set, I assumed some light bleaching Nothing on new growth

Some good smells going, sweet and kushy

Last edited:
Day 23

Here she is in some natural light. I love the green & growth creeped up on me so I ended up topping this day. Did the bend and pinch method

Still around 70f day and a bit too cold at night... 61 or so

Last edited:
Edit: previous post was day 25. Not seeing an edit button

Day 27, current.

On day 26 I added a half tablespoon of some homemade fert tea and a drop of molasses to ~24oz waterering. PhD with vinegar to down to 6.5

My ghetto tea is: dried banana peel, some onion husk, a pinch of used and dried coffee grounds, and some crushed eggshell in a tall Mason jar of water. Shaked and aerated a few times a day for 2 days. Didn't want much fermentation and wanted to start mild/diluted.

So far day 27 shows no burn. I cant imagine it's very rich but wanted to start slow.

Threw a bug pad down preventatively

70f and 42% humidity daytime

Last edited:
Day 29

Daytime around 70f and humidity at 42

Big fan leaves darkening up. Not sure if my light is a little too close, or if the dark green settles in with age

Undergrowth looks good. Looks like I may get 4 top stems?

Should I be phing lower than 6.?
Seeing lots of 5.8 .9 in other threads. Going to let her dry up for a good water to drain and check runoff.

Last edited:

DoloDankness

looks perfect in my opinion! Ph range is debate from what I get. People all have their own preference. Either way it looks good.

looks perfect in my opinion! Ph range is debate from what I get. People all have their own preference. Either way it looks good.

thank you sir. I'll have to check the runoff and see what I'm getting , and/or look into a soil meter

next few things to figure out:

4" exhaust fan
ec/ppm meter
trellis for scrog?

DoloDankness

If you need to know where to find a trellis for the scrog, amazon sells them for sure for cheap. I'm not too sure if a local Lowe's or Home Depot would have any.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
the local home depots have that but they are lackdown now. It is better to research on Amazon or Ebay.