What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

LUDES

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
They were a favorite of mine. 714s, Lemons and whatever else were they called? Lets think about this. They stopped making Ludes, non-addictive I believe, and brought in OXYs. Big pharma at work. Hate&love them on and off. But back to Ludes. I had a cousin that had a connection for them for some time. In a box there were 144 sheets of ludes, each sheet had 144 Ludes in tinfoil. Think they were Lemons. I did many. After the first few that I ever did, I realized that when in public with a couple beers and a lude I had a tendency to grab, maybe not grab but fondle breasts (female). It always worked out and never got beaten up by jealous boyfriend/husbands (could never figure out why). So most lude events were in private many times with one that was fondled:biggrin:. I'm betting there arent too many here that know about them:groupwave:. What stupid things did you do on them?

EDIT: i feel sorry for the young-ins here that never did experience them. You missed an amazing pill.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
The USA had a moratorium placed on the precursor chemicals back in the early 70’s ....they’re currently being made in South Africa ... big problems with them, now being crushed up and smoked

[YOUTUBEIF] https://youtu.be/kMbOUQM78jQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
That's a good way to get 6 years in the sin bin up here. It's called Sexual Assault and lumped in with rape. If you don't go to jail, it's because someone fed you a brick and you're in the hospital eating from a straw.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
What stupid things did you do on them?

EDIT: i feel sorry for the young-ins here that never did experience them. You missed an amazing pill.

ah, the lovely 'ludes. :) my worst idea was to ride my old harley to nearby town for cold beer & pool therapy. tried to leave bowling alley, knocked it over twice kick-starting it. (it gets worse) wrecked 3 times leaving town, lost my helmet in first one. (had it between my knees. i know...) passed out going down back road at 3 am, came to under bike & tangled up in barbwire fence. walked home to face my father & hear the dreaded question - "where the fuck is your motorcycle?" and be forced to say "uh...i'm not sure."

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I remember well Quaaludes (The drug name "Quaalude" combined the words "quiet interlude"). My first encounter was with my mother’s prescription winter of 76. I was living near Grapevine TX and the folks went out of town leaving my friend and I house watching... We had no idea what they were when we found them in moms’ medicine cabinet but the label warned not to take with alcohol and could cause drowsiness. So we started with two (714 Rorer) and a shot of scotch, then out for a ride on out dirt bikes. It was just starting to snow (rare) and some new people just moved in to the house across the field from my house. For some reason we rode right over to the new peoples house and introduced ourselves. They had a daughter about our age and the mother invited us in for hot chocolate since it was freezing outside. As soon as I sat on the couch the ludes hit me, I turned into rubber. The lady handed me the hot chocolate and I dropped it right on the new white carpet they had and then knocked a lamp off a table trying to help clean up the chocolate. I do remember leaving on a rather bad note but trying to ride my YZ 125 back to my house in the two inches of snow was a blur. I had no equilibrium and was constantly falling off the bike and my buudy was the same. Never spoke to those people again but fell in love with the ludes. Had many great adventures with ludes, I remember when they went from Rorer to Lemon and then the shitty boots that was eventually the end of them. I really liked them and kind of sad to see them disappear.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
we used to get what we called "quadough", either black market or diverted 'ludes before it was pressed into tabs. roll it up into balls, pyramids, squares, etc before swallowing. :tiphat:

CaptainDankness

They were a favorite of mine. 714s, Lemons and whatever else were they called? Lets think about this. They stopped making Ludes, non-addictive I believe, and brought in OXYs. Big pharma at work. Hate&love them on and off. But back to Ludes. I had a cousin that had a connection for them for some time. In a box there were 144 sheets of ludes, each sheet had 144 Ludes in tinfoil. Think they were Lemons. I did many. After the first few that I ever did, I realized that when in public with a couple beers and a lude I had a tendency to grab, maybe not grab but fondle breasts (female). It always worked out and never got beaten up by jealous boyfriend/husbands (could never figure out why). So most lude events were in private many times with one that was fondled:biggrin:. I'm betting there arent too many here that know about them:groupwave:. What stupid things did you do on them?

picture.php

Gry

Lemon and Rorrers(sp) Popular indeed back in the day. Can recall people smoking the damned things, would fuck up the taste of a nice cannabis pipe instantly.

Never cared for them a great deal.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Hell, I was getting too sloppy on weed and beer, so the beer had to go.

Never liked pill drugs, and glad I didn't like coke or it's derivatives. I was living in South FL through the 80's, coke was everywhere. Then crack showed up...

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
That was before my time.
I had a boss once that said he bought a 5 gallon bucket of mush. He was told it was ludes that had gotten wet. He said him and his buddys ate out of that bucket with spoons for months.

Sounds similar to the dough mentioned earlier.

I've heard from older heads that the muscle relaxer Soma is the closest to life buzz. But ludes were better.

To me it's an instant drunk. Like 8 beers in a pill.

I gave two somas to a guy on a job site years ago. He gave me a paper and some herb and told me to go to find somewhere to roll it up, and we'll go to our secret smoke spot.
When I come out of the bathroom, I couldn't find him anywhere. About an hour later he stumbles out of a closet with pink insulation stuck all over him.
He had taken the pills as soon as I gave it to him! Within 15 minutes he couldn't take it and decided to sleep it off, on top of a pile of pink fiberglass insulation. Dumbass had it in his hair, arms, legs, mustache. He was red for a couple of days. Lol
This all happened at a church that was under construction. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
ah, the lovely 'ludes. :) my worst idea was to ride my old harley to nearby town for cold beer & pool therapy. tried to leave bowling alley, knocked it over twice kick-starting it. (it gets worse) wrecked 3 times leaving town, lost my helmet in first one. (had it between my knees. i know...) passed out going down back road at 3 am, came to under bike & tangled up in barbwire fence. walked home to face my father & hear the dreaded question - "where the fuck is your motorcycle?" and be forced to say "uh...i'm not sure."
I didnt loose mine but wrecked it on the maiden voyage. Triumph (??62-3??) Bonneville.> hard tail, capacitor, raked 1/4", 6" over, no front brake, needless to say kick start (the start of my bad right knee).. I didnt go to the hospital but the bike went about 15yards on it rear tire I was sitting on the road watching it as it did a pirouette to the right and flop. I never did that again.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
used to sell Somas to augment my expenditures before finding source for 714s...70's & 80's.

did some VERY BAD things under their influence.
remember getting arrested with a handful of ludes in my pocket...ate them all before being cavity searched and had a hell of a Friday night in stir.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
used to sell Somas to augment my expenditures before finding source for 714s...70's & 80's.

did some VERY BAD things under their influence.
remember getting arrested with a handful of ludes in my pocket...ate them all before being cavity searched and had a hell of a Friday night in stir.
I'm surprised you remember any of it.:tiphat:

Ha.

Never had Ludes, they were before my time.

Benzodiazepines are very similar in action but don’t have the same high level of risk of death from overdose.

Qualludes and Benzodiazepines are both like alcohol in pill form basically. If you mix them with alcohol and other drugs there is a high risk of blackout and death. You can also die from withdrawals just like alcoholism...