What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Annapurna

Slim Pickens

Veteran
How am I supposed to harvest pollen?

I cut off a branch (or multiples if you have enough) with the male pollen sacks and put them in a short container with water,on a piece of waxed paper.The pollen sacks should hang over the edge of the container so that the pollen will fall onto the wax paper.Then place a light over the whole thing and wait for the pollen to drop.You don't need a strong light either.I use a small screw in household bulb and set it for 12on 12off,or whatever your current daylight hours are if you like.

There are other ways to harvest pollen,but that one will get you results.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Serrated Margin,

Well done! A pleasure to see you bring the new pure Nepalese Annapurna to fruition despite the late planting, glad to hear they are doing well with the cold night temps.
Their terpenes sound complex and interesting. Please, keep us updated with the harvest and with your first impression about them when the right moment comes.

Happy start of 2021! :)

First off, Doobieducks plants look outstanding!

A few new pics of my plants. They were started quite late, with the intent of seed production, but I got all females. So the the light intensity and duration is not optimal at this time of year, but still the flowers are smelling nice.

With the late start, overall the flowers are pretty loose and are now developing slowly. Purple coloration starting to develop with mostly sunny weather, most nights in the mid 30's, days in the low 60's.

Two variations, Hard to describe, but pretty unique. One, sweet, fruity, juniper berry and aromatic mediteranean herbs overall reminiscent of hash, the other, more sour, citrus, mediteranean herbs, juniper, and rubber with a slight note of eucalyptus, again overall reminiscent of hash.

View attachment 554029

View attachment 554030

View attachment 554031

View attachment 554032

View attachment 554033

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Benoit,

Glad the early smoke test of your Nepal Mist x Annapurna are promising so far providing clear cerebral effects with more potency than expected, it will need a few weeks of drying and curing to show its complete potential and personality.

We are always quite conservative with the descriptions of the potency and effects of our new releases, i always prefer growers are surprised with more potency than described rather than the opposite.

I would follow Slim Pickens recommendation to collect the pollen from the males, just cut some male branches with flowers just about to open, place the branches in a glass of water inside home in a sunny window with warm temps and collect the falling pollen with a container or sheet of paper.

Thanks for your support during this difficult year, best wishes for the next one! ;)

Well I harvested Nepal Mist x Nepal Annapurna on Christmas day at 55°N and smoking early samples. I have a good feeling about that one :), I feel the high already and some spicey/fruity note in the background. High might actually be stronger than what is described for Nepal Mist and Nepal Annapurna. Felt like a rush of clear high in my brain a couple minute ago. And it's only from outside with a not so clement Autumn, can't wait to see what she will do indoor. Nepal Annapurna x Nepal Mist are slowing reaching sexual maturity so flowering should start pretty soon :).

BenoitV1984

Veteran
There is barely 10g, I don't think she will last that much and fluffy as she is, she's dry already after a few days in the drying tent. Don't forget I'm 10° above recommended altitude. We can't really get weed maturing past early/mid October around but hey, I wasn't going to throw that plant away. Surprisingly, Golden Tiger 3 was the less worst harvest. I ain't gonna say best, the flower/leaf ration is still horrible to say the least, but I don't mind a preview of those two and Purple Honduras Haze.

Glad the early smoke test of your Nepal Mist x Annapurna are promising so far providing clear cerebral effects with more potency than expected, it will need a few weeks of drying and curing to show its complete potential and personality.

I like surprises but it makes sense than the potency of the cross would be slightly higher than the parent wouldn't it?
We are always quite conservative with the descriptions of the potency and effects of our new releases, i always prefer growers are surprised with more potency than described rather than the opposite.

Those advises are very welcome but I fear they are a bit late. I think he is having his last moment outside, kinda forgot about it. The father plant of that one couldn't handle stress very well though. He started flowering at 18/6 after enduring transplant in smaller pot, root-bounding, heavy pruning bit of water deprivation. Well I still have a clone of the second male and the plant from seed doesn't seem to mind in a small pot beside the thyme outside. Maybe I'll harvest that pollen in a couple months (completely out of time for Northern hemisphere but why the fuck not :p)...
I would follow Slim Pickens recommendation to collect the pollen from the males, just cut some male branches with flowers just about to open, place the branches in a glass of water inside home in a sunny window with warm temps and collect the falling pollen with a container or sheet of paper.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi BenoitV1984,

I expect the potency of the hybrids between the pure Annapurna and Nepal Mist will be somewhat in the middle between both strains but certainly lower than a well selected Nepal Mist.

The point of crossing these 2 (Annapurna x Nepal Mist and Nepal Mist x Annapurna) was to allow interesting and more vigorous recombinations between the 'new' Annapurna and my old beloved Kathmandu, with a slight touch of Old Kali Mist to improve yields, resin production, terpene complexity and better flower structures, and slightly shorter flowering times than pure Nepaleses too.

paisajedehierba

Nepal Annapurna cutting

Out of 5 plants, that I`ve started indoors I got three females and two males. I`ve chosen the female with strongest smell to take a cutting. The cutting is thriving outdoors (forest glade). It has very long internodes (20-25cm)[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. Height 0,8m. Acclimation took a week or so. Now she is fine and starts branching. [/FONT]

Attachments

• 2021-05-31_Nepal Annapurna_young cutting indoors.jpg
    2021-05-31_Nepal Annapurna_young cutting indoors.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 2021-06-17_Nepal Annapurna cutting.jpg
    2021-06-17_Nepal Annapurna cutting.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 2021-06-17_Nepal Annapurna cutting2.jpg
    2021-06-17_Nepal Annapurna cutting2.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 2021-06-17_Nepal Annapurna cutting3.jpg
    2021-06-17_Nepal Annapurna cutting3.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 177

paisajedehierba

Pictures from yesterday. The cutting has gained a height of 1,6m meanwhile. 5cm every day since last weeks saturday. Flowers are visible. The original seedling has mastered reveging phase. Height 1,0m but with allready bushy branching. It has already produced a few seeds due to indoor pollination. The smell of the first resin is strawberry sweet and floral.

Attachments

• 2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged (2).JPG
    2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged (2).JPG
    82 KB · Views: 190
  • 2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged (5).JPG
    2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged (5).JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged (3).JPG
    2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged (3).JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged.JPG
    2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged.JPG
    166.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged (4).JPG
    2021-07-02_NepAnn_original seedling reveged (4).JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 2021-07-02_NepAnn_cutting (5).JPG
    2021-07-02_NepAnn_cutting (5).JPG
    146.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 2021-07-02_NepAnn_cutting (2).JPG
    2021-07-02_NepAnn_cutting (2).JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 2021-07-02_NepAnn_cutting.JPG
    2021-07-02_NepAnn_cutting.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 2021-07-02_NepAnn_cutting (3).JPG
    2021-07-02_NepAnn_cutting (3).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 192

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the update paisajedehierba The clone in your last 3 pics is catching up very well! ;)

It's very important cannabis plants have leaves with as many leaflets as possible to produce later a proper flowering process, so if you are revegging clones make sure all the stems of the clone/s produce at least 5 leaflets (the more the better) before flowering starts. If the clone delays to reveg properly, then remove the lower branches with less leaflets so the upper branches with more vigor can produce better growing structure and a more adequate hormonal state. The terpenes at this early stage sound promising! :)
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

paisajedehierba

Thanks a lot for the update paisajedehierba The clone in your last 3 pics is catching up very well! ;)

It's very important cannabis plants have leaves with as many leaflets as possible to produce later a proper flowering process, so if you are revegging clones make sure all the stems of the clone/s produce at least 5 leaflets (the more the better) before flowering starts. If the clone delays to reveg properly, then remove the lower branches with less leaflets so the upper branches with more vigor can produce better growing structure and a more adequate hormonal state. The terpenes at this early stage sound promising! :)
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Hi Dubi,
thank you for advice. I´ve removed a few branches with small number of leaflets. The leaves of the remaining branches are getting larger and all have at least five "fingers". The reveged plant from seed has gained a height of 1,8m. The clown gains height much faster (now 2,3m).
I am curios if there is a difference in maturation speed between reveged plant and the clown. At the moment both are stil in inital phase of flowering. With the reveged one I want try "to rub the plant with bare hands" for resin harvest from second half of flowering onwards.

Attachments

• P1190199.JPG
    P1190199.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 199
  • P1190190.JPG
    P1190190.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 193
  • P1190152.JPG
    P1190152.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 186
  • P1190182.JPG
    P1190182.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 186
  • P1190183.JPG
    P1190183.JPG
    135.9 KB · Views: 188
  • P1190184.JPG
    P1190184.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 204
  • P1190159.JPG
    P1190159.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 202
  • P1190158.JPG
    P1190158.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 187
  • P1190185.JPG
    P1190185.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola paisajedehierba :) you are welcome. Looking lovely, with the tall, lanky structure typical of wild Nepalese sativas.

That's an interesting question. The copy that has been revegged still holds more flowering hormones so under the same environment it will finish a bit faster than a clone of the same plant that has never been flowered before.

paisajedehierba

2021-08-11_Nepal Annapurna_cutting height 2,6m, stem rub smell like mulled wine, very spicy and fruity. The cutting is hungry has been fertilzed). Reveged plant (1,9m) seems to be fit no need to fertilze at the moment.

Attachments

• P1200239.JPG
    P1200239.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 175
  • P1200243.JPG
    P1200243.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 166
  • P1200155.JPG
    P1200155.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 170
  • P1200240.JPG
    P1200240.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 181
  • P1200158.JPG
    P1200158.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 178

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for the update paisajedehierba glad the rub smells are enticing.
Hope the Nepalese genetics are already starting to flower there now in late August.

T_bone

Hi all,

Currently growing 2 of these at 49degrees north in a 10g pit. They are beasts!

Ive topped both 3 times. 1 is female another is indeteminate. Very flexible. Both differing smells. they have minimal nutritional needs.

May cross with lebanese for a 1-1 thc-cbd ratio. That may also help it ripen earlier.

Attachments

• photo2071389.jpg
    photo2071389.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 145
  • photo2071391.jpg
    photo2071391.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 147
  • photo2071392.jpg
    photo2071392.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 147

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for posting your Nepaleses T_bone :) This pure Nepalese has a slower flowering onset and longer flowering time than Lebanese, but will deal better with fungus and cold temps than Lebanese which prefers dry and arid climates. Usually plants that take more time to declare gender most of the times are finally female. To grow both landraces at 49ºN latitude will be an interesting test, that's for sure. Best wishes!

paisajedehierba

Thanks a lot for the update paisajedehierba glad the rub smells are enticing.
Hope the Nepalese genetics are already starting to flower there now in late August.

Hi Dubi,
I was not in town the last weeks and have checked the two Nepal Annapurna plants the day before yesterday and yesterday. Nepal Annapurna is flowering, but the development is very slow. The reveged plant is fine, even if there are first yellowing leaves. Unfortunately the cutting, (height now 3,4m) is yellowing rapidly. I guess the cutting is very hungry due to the massive growth (but I am not sure if there are other reasons). I have watered and fertilized both with horn flour and a not organic PK fertilzer that contains also sulfur and magnesium yesterday. It´s a very poor sandy soil. In spring I have added compost and organic long term fertilizer based and sheep wool. Zamaldelica Elite F1 /F2 (neighbour plants, with +/- the same treatment) looks much better and the flowering progresses a bit faster.

Attachments

• 2021-09-14_reveged plant_early flowering tip.JPG
    2021-09-14_reveged plant_early flowering tip.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 2021-09-14_reveged plant_early flowering tip (2).JPG
    2021-09-14_reveged plant_early flowering tip (2).JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 2021-09-13_cutting_height 3,4m.JPG
    2021-09-13_cutting_height 3,4m.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 198
  • 2021-09-14_reveged plant_heigt 2,5m.JPG
    2021-09-14_reveged plant_heigt 2,5m.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 2021-09-13_cutting_early flowering tip.JPG
    2021-09-13_cutting_early flowering tip.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 2021-09-14_cutting.JPG
    2021-09-14_cutting.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 193

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi paisajedehierba hope you had a good time outside town. It's rare that a pure Nepalese suffers of macronutrient yellowing when planted directly in the ground, even when planted in not so rich soil. My guess is most probably the tall one suffered some kind of hydric stress the weeks you couldn't attend her. Nothing serious to worry about, although like any plant about to flower will thank you for a bit of extra food at this point. Hope the Nepalese genetics really start soon the flowering there, they are going to need it to be able to finish on time.

paisajedehierba

Hi Dubi,
the time "outside town" was elixir. Time for all the people that get not enough attention in everyday life. And as bonus a week of Kayak trecking with friends. Best chance to smoke sativa-weed in different surrounding and activity mode (Zamaldelica x Ethiope has been a pleasure).
Unfortunately the Annapurna cutting was already dying in the picture from 2021-09-13. I found the plant a week or so after my last post flat on the ground. All leaves yellow and slack. I guess gnawers were not amused about the Annapurna lady in their habitat (browsing the roots).
The remaining reveged plant is fine (different spot). She is in full flowering mode but has still a long way to go until harvest. Could be the first plant ever not harvested Mid-November outdoors in the forest glade. I am curios how the results will be with short days, low temps, fog and perhaps first frosts.

Attachments

• NepAnn_reveged plant_height 2,7m.jpg
    NepAnn_reveged plant_height 2,7m.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 199
  • NepAnn_reveged plant_slighty tilt in the wind.jpg
    NepAnn_reveged plant_slighty tilt in the wind.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 244
  • NepAnn_reveged plant_disposal of flowers.jpg
    NepAnn_reveged plant_disposal of flowers.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 238
  • NepAnn_reveged plant_young flowers_first resin.jpg
    NepAnn_reveged plant_young flowers_first resin.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 229
  • NepAnn cutting_RIP_probaply killed by gnawers 2_2021-09-23.JPG
    NepAnn cutting_RIP_probaply killed by gnawers 2_2021-09-23.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 203
  • NepAnn cutting_RIP_probaply killed by gnawers 1_2021-09-23.JPG
    NepAnn cutting_RIP_probaply killed by gnawers 1_2021-09-23.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 207
  • NepAnn_reveged plant_young flowers.jpg
    NepAnn_reveged plant_young flowers.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 232
  • NepAnn_reveged plant_low angle shot.jpg
    NepAnn_reveged plant_low angle shot.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 237

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Happy to hear you had quality time this summer paisajedehierba :) it's important to retake contact and dedicate more time to friends and family now the pandemic situation is starting to get better.

Sorry about the loss of the outdoor clone, some casualties due to animals are always expected in guerrilla growing. Glad to see the other copy alive and already starting the flowering, hopefully she will start to fill in the branches now in October, as it usually happens with wild Nepaleses grown in northern hemisphere latitudes far from equator.