What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai x Panama

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks MountainKush :) looks very sexy after 30 days of flowering, very Thaish but more tamed.

I have the feeling you will also enjoy Thai x Panama after your experience with Thai Chi and Panama crosses.

Thanks also for sharing yours OfCourse! They are showing so far the long and strong Panama Goddess pistils in a more Thai flower structure, please keep us updated!

Mountainkush

6 weeks in these pics
They’ve increased in size a lot the past week
picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Wonderful indeed MountainKush! :dance013: This one is going to be amazing. Keep rocking on!

Koondense

Veteran
Such beautiful colas, keep on feeding them they will double in size :) This hybrid is amazing, i have just one bud left for a smoke report, i wish i had more :)

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Eager to know your opinion now after the curing Koondense, your initial report sounded potent and scary :)

user128

Hello everyone :) my report on this Panama/Thaï, unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show but other fine folks on this thread have already provided some.

I received 5 seeds of ACE, which all popped and gave very homogeneous plants. I used 1 gallon pots for the first 4 weeks and applied mainlining, which resulted in plants of about 1 feet with a nice strong lateral branching. In fact, I was surprised by the robustness of the plants and I broke several branches by squeezing them too hard. Fun fact, 3 of them had the "red sap" shown on this post: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8805471&postcount=16

I switched to 4 gallon pots 2 weeks before flowering. The stretch was impressive, and even with 8 main colas per plant, I had to take drastic measures to keep them below 5 ft : I very quickly reduced the nitrogen (which led to premature yellowing of the leaves) and applied extra training. Some flowers still finished very, very close to the 1000w HPS but the plants took well overall, with no more damage than moderate bleaching.

I harvested at 12 weeks and got a fairly good amount of flowers, absolutely comparable to the average Dutch hybrid. The nugs were also much denser than I expected.

The smell at the beginning of curing is rich, somewhere between green tea and lemon/lime depending on the plant. The high is sweet but powerful; the effect is pleasant, dreamy and introspective at the beginning, and becomes psychedelic in higher doses. So far I haven't found a ceiling, each spliff makes me even more fucked up than the previous one. I haven't felt paranoia either, but you have to expect confusion and fatigue when you smoke a lot.

All in all, Panama/Thaï is an exceptional variety for leisure smoking : easy to grow (compared to other sativas, anyway), high yielding, with a rich taste and a pleasant high. Perfect for music, movies, anything not requiring too much concentration TBH.

ACE has struck again! :whee:

Lotto

Great first post, user128. It sounds like you fought through it and ended up with some good smoke. The few sativa strains I've grown from Ace have been very forgiving. Keep it simple and the rewards come easy.

user128

Great first post, user128. It sounds like you fought through it and ended up with some good smoke. The few sativa strains I've grown from Ace have been very forgiving. Keep it simple and the rewards come easy.

Thanks chief. You're absolutely right, I struggled but eventually got through it with a wonderful ganga :skiiing:

And yeah, I was surprised by the tolerance of the strain to my errors... I didn't get any hermies and flowers did develop absolutely well even in the most damaged areas of the plant.

If I had to do it again (which will certainly be :D), I would use smaller pots (2-3 gals top) and wait for the first day of flowering to transplant ; that in order to reduce stretch, without cutting on nitrogen.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome user128 :)

Your feedback and smoke reports on our different strains are much appreciated!
Glad you are satisfied with the yield, effects and terpenes of this new pure sativa F1 hybrid :yes:

12 weeks of flowering is very reasonable for a 100 % sativa Thai hybrid.
Both Thai Chiang Mai and Panama Goddess parental plants have been producing excellent hybrids since they were introdouced into our breeding a few years ago,
so i was expecting also good reviews for this direct F1 between both. Enjoy!

user128

Thanks for the kind words ; I surely will !

And please, keep up with this amazing preservation work you're doing. So far ACE is the only breeder I know taking so much commercial risks to offer a truly diversified catalog of strains, using simple branding, giving priority to choice over bag appeal, and maintening an option for feminized seeds (which are, unfortunately, still a constraint for a lot of us).

I wish you guys the best :huggg:

Mountainkush

Wonderful indeed MountainKush! :dance013: This one is going to be amazing. Keep rocking on!

Thanks Dubi
Had some issues but this plant made it through somewhat ok when others almost died. Still smells like lemon mostly

These are the same two colas from my last post but the 8 week pic is the bottom pic and the 10 week is the same as the top pic.
They all got so heavy they are laying down horizontal now
8 weeks

picture.php

10 weeks and almost done
picture.php

Mountainkush

Such beautiful colas, keep on feeding them they will double in size :) This hybrid is amazing, i have just one bud left for a smoke report, i wish i had more :)
Cheers

A little more than doubled I’m thinking. Thanks Koon:)
I remember the one you grew as it was one of the reasons I grabbed a pack of these!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing flower development MountainKush :dance013: Really big sized and enticing buds :yummy:

Love to see such nice yields also coming this new permanent catalog strain. If you like refined lemony sativas you can not go wrong with Thai x Panama!

jwm

Veteran
Beautiful!
I've got some ace panama up next...I'll be sure to post the journey.

Fronk

Thanks Dubi
Had some issues but this plant made it through somewhat ok when others almost died. Still smells like lemon mostly

These are the same two colas from my last post but the 8 week pic is the bottom pic and the 10 week is the same as the top pic.
They all got so heavy they are laying down horizontal now
8 weeks

View Image
10 weeks and almost done
View Image

Looks absolutely delicious.
Enjoy.

Latest posts

Latest posts