What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In search of a good haze/sativa

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Happy New Year!!!!!:party:

I have planted some of my ace seeds. I have the mix pack, tropical mix pack, Malawi, and the panama freebees. All standard seeds.
I started with the mix pack, thinking some might finish sooner before I start the 4 month finishers, wanna be stocked up on bud. I'm searching for a good haze/ sativa, I've never had a 100% sativa
I'm really looking forward to the Malawi.

I'm hoping there's an orient express in there.

I would like to collect strains from around the world. I've been wanting African strains for a while now. I'm not sure what took me so long to discover Ace genetics.

When they get a little larger I'll post pictures for identification.

T

Teddybrae

Good Morning Ms Bonghit!

I hope your lungs are in good condition so that you may keep on hitting ...

Just to advise you that Mango Haze is the ducks nuts. (Mr Nice seeds.)

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
My lungs are a little weak right now due to the flu, but I'll have them ready soon enough.
The ducks nuts:laughing: uummmm, I'll have to give the mango haze a try

ULMW

Cough cough eer
Welcome to the Ace Seeds section. You are in Haze Paradise.
Old Timers Haze is the regular variety seed stock which dates back to when Hazes first began popular cultivation. So that is my pointer for a long flowering original Haze descendent. Other Hazes are easily found on the Ace Seeds main site. Search the Haze offerings.
Haze X Kali China brings a beautiful Purple Haze experience in a relatively short time and with great yield.
Panama Haze is another highly recommend heavy yielder old school Haze experience.
There are new offerings in Indian varieties all with long flowering times and big yields.
If you enjoy the Panama and the Malawi this grow I could recommend sticking with Ace as they have you completely covered. If you need help. This Ace Seeds community on ICMag is super friendly and helpful, and of course Dubi the Main man is a Breeder unlike no other in this seed business. His knowledge, passion and love for cannabis is always felt and readily shared by him. He cares about the customer so much all the way thru your ordering to your growing and what you think after harvest, he is there side by side lending his expert know how and sharing his passion for his plants.

Happy growing!
https://www.aceseeds.org/en/strains/haze-hybrids.html

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Greetings Cough cough err,

Good luck with your search :) last year I grew some Panama & Malawi and ended up with some primo sativa buds, you won't be disappointed! If Panama was a tad lighter than what I expected (great, smooth day-time smoke) the Malawi was on par with its reputation, real strong one-hitter gold! With this one I would use only small papers, never king size!

I also gave a try to Haze & Kali China (which I call "Kali Haze") and this on was a true wonder, haze all the way, in the looks, flavours and effect, but with shorter flowering time and probably much easier to handle than pure haze genetics.

Irie! :wave:

Can’t go wrong with the Malawi’s potency, IMO.

Only downside is that it may not ripen fully outdoors above about the 30th parallel.
Depends on the weather pattern for November (in Western Hemisphere).
But if it does... you’ve got Gold!

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I imagine I'll be an ace grower for a long time to come, I've been reading the ace forum for a long time I finally bought seeds. :woohoo:

I'm in Dallas so I had access to cuts, but just got bored with the hybrids. After reading the ace section, I envision touring Africa on a jeep looking at the wildlife, then coming across some killer weed. Now I want to collect strains from around the world. kind of regret buying mix packs now. (only because I wont know what they are) I hope tp start my Malawi's soon as I get more coco coir and nutes. I was wanting to get more seeds, but some low life stole my Christmas money.

I look forward to being apart of the ace forum.:biggrin:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome cough_cough_eer,

Glad you discovered our genetics and this room :)

Fortunately, you have plenty of excellent pure sativas and sativa dom strains (Haze hybrids, pure sativa landraces and sativa landrace hybrids not related to Haze) to choose from our catalogue and website.

If you don't have experience with the very long flowering tropical sativas then i would recommend you something more tamed and easier to grow first.

Regarding Haze hybrids, I highly recommend you Panama Haze and Haze x Kali China (this last one is not pure sativa but it's great!).

Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Honduras x Panama, Panama x Malawi, Panama x Bangi Haze, Zamaldelica fem or even Thai Chi are also excellent choices in case you want to try our best and most practical non Haze sativa hybrids.

Hope it helps!

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Thanks Dubi, I want them all!!!! I've only grown one that took4 months about 15 yrs ago It was the Phoenix one that was a giveaway from JLP. IT was ok, but I only grew it for 2 harvest.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
You'll find plenty enough people around to help you identify them. I got myself a nice Orient Express (Vietnam Black sativa phenotype) in those mix pack (it was freebies but it's same possible genetics).

kind of regret buying mix packs now. (only because I wont know what they are)

Last edited:

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I did get some Panama freebees. I may start those instead of the Malawi's.

Its good to know they will probably be identified.

Is the Orient express the same as the one Billygoat had a while back? I've never tried his, but I sure hope there's one in the pack. I liked the description on the site.

So far 4 of them are looking sativa and 2 might have some Indica in them , but they are only a few weeks and just starting on the 4th node.

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Nope, the one from Billygoat is Trainwreck x Thai landrance.

Ace Seeds' one is Vietnam Black x China Yunnan.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
I’ve had the pleasure to grow Ace...pure OTH, OTH x Meao Thai (not currently available...maybe some day), Bangi Haze, Purple haze x Malawi amongst the Sativa leaning offer. I love the OTH and it’s crosses. Finishing another round of OTHxThai and I have some babies of pure OTH, Killer Malawi S1 and PHxMalawi going. Plan to sprout a few Super Malawi haze and probably a Killer A5 to compare with the OTH lines.

Given current offer, I would definitely look at the OTH crosses. Consider a plant that can finish in less than 16 weeks as opposed to pure OTH that is at least 16 if not longer. I have much interest in the OTH x Kali China as well OTH crosses with Panama. A few others listed in R&D that look very promising. So much to choose from. Good luck in the New Year!!

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
Well, I started my Panamas about 3 weeks ago and I started 3 Malawi's. I'm in the process of sexing the seeds from the mix pack.2 fatalities,one was defiantly male one defiantly female and 2 others are looking female but, not sure yet. I'll start a journal when I have some photos.

cough_cough_eer

Anita Bonghitt
Veteran
I was goin to start a journal but I'm at my mothers for now because of the quarantine and cant put pictures on her computer as she doesn't know of my hobby.
I ended up with two females from my ace mix. One has been stunted since the beginning, I went ahead and put her in flower hoping she would come around, but one big bud on the top and she's only 1.5 feet, switched them on March 5. The other one looks good, can defiantly tell she's a haze. Looks like she might finish sooner than I thought.
I had the 3 Panama freebees started and they are in flower now . one male, one female and one undetermined. Leaves are larger than I expected,
I have 3 Malawi's started(not flowering yet) about 3 weeks ago, Its leaves are larger than expected. The plants are getting big fast. from reading the Ace forum, I should start flowering soon, but I wont have a space for them for a few weeks. I'm new to hazes and sativas and I'm learning they don't grow the same as hybrids.

Succinct

I'm currently 9 weeks into flowering my Panama Haze and it's been a pleasure to grow so far. The stretch is real! Mine tripled in height before they stopped stretching, but now I have 3' long spears that are almost solid bud, and are just now starting to bulk up. After 9 weeks, not a single brown pistil hair yet, so these are for the long haul. Beautiful incense aroma and they're starting to get very frosty!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Succinct :)

Glad you are so far pleased with the development and incense aromas of your Panama Haze,
it will be a pleasure to see pics of her in the Panama Haze thread if you have the chance.

Latest posts

Latest posts