What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelicas, Thai x Panama, Oaxaca x Panama - summer of hell - Test by Koon

trustmeih

I'm thinking of taking her down really soon because of preventing minimising the chance of bud rot or mold, also wouldn't want to have a too heavy smoke since I prefer more energizing than lay down effects :)
And still she seems to maybe need just a bit more time for a proper finish. I hate this part of the growing process :p

Cheers

Loving the progress on this, finish line is right around the corner! Excited to see the results.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
A very fast update,
the plants are closing to the ripening stage, as seen the OaxPan is the fastest at almost 60 days. Still can't believe she's so fast so I'm letting her go for another week at least. Was expecting at least 75 days but she likes going crazy fast.

Oaxaca x Panama
View Image

Thai x Panama is obviously slower but steadily coming to the end, buds are everywhere, branches are full of mini bud towers and overall she's a true monster sativa.
Now at 70 days of 12/12(now 10,5/13,5), I'm expecting her to be ready in two weeks.

Thai x Panama
View Image

Cheers

mouthwatering!

Koondense

Veteran
Hi guys,
perfect timing :)

Harvest update!
Zam#1, ThaiPan and OaxPan are chopped and are now drying.
Zam#1 had some issues with bud rot due to poor ventilation so I had to take her down and carefully inspect the buds to see how bad the damage was. Turned out there were some issues caused by dead leaves in parts of buds which were touching the tent as the plant got heavy and started bending outwards to the walls. Thankfully the damage was local and not spreading so the loss was minimal, in range of good 5% so not much.

Sadly I have no pictures of Zam#1 at this point but can say her smell is very sour/sweet, tropical and stimulating. One of the best smells so far, like some soft tropical muffins. Delicious :)

The yield seems to be above average and bud density is also nice for a sativa.
I already had some early smoke tests and the effect is already strong, uplifting and visual. Very nice potential but I must try the proper buds when they dry.

Next is ThaiPan.

Koondense

Veteran
Thai x Panama harvest

Thai x Panama harvest

ThaiPan got harvested a few days later than Zam#1, she went for full 85 days and I think the timing was right.
Could go a bit further if I kept feeding her bud because of the flush she started to fade quickly.

The colas are very elongated, some branches are longer than my arm and filled with soft foxtailing buds with lots of sour hashy and floral smelling resin.

A few pictures from day 84, last watering

ThaiPan, straight cola
picture.php

Curvy cola
picture.php

Leaning cola
picture.php

As can be seen, the branches were too elongated and heavy for self support so this was also a factor in deciding if it was time to go down. The early sample from 2 weeks ago was pretty good and a bit speedy, hopefully now she's just a bit more mellow in effect.
A very promising yield despite the fluffy bud structure.

Overall a not so easy plant to grow, had to manage the canopy most than any plant until now, she's a huge stretcher. So I'm still thinking if she's keeper material or not, would have to cross her again with Panama to come closer to what I want in a plant. Got a clone but there are many more seeds to try so I'll see if she makes the cut.

Next is OaxPan!

Cheers

Koondense

Veteran
Oaxaca x Panama harvest

Oaxaca x Panama harvest

This lady definitely came to a properly ripe stage,
could not let her go for more because some calyxes started to get brown and also looked like the resin was on point to start ambering.
The smell was also diminishing in the last days, getting darker in character opposed to the fresh lemon peel scent of a month ago.
The colas got pretty chunky and heavy, also OaxPan had trouble with self support despite the net. What a good problem to have :)

Oaxaca x Panama, pre-harvest

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Had a sample bud from the bottom of the canopy(fluffy but resinous), it was taken 10 days ago and smoked a few days ago. This stuff is very very good, has some interesting effect and great smell of incense sticks and frankincense(tree resin), soft hashish and citrus peel. Can't wait to try the proper buds as they have a more profound smell which includes pine and mint, the terpene profile is surely very complex and a pleasure to smell.

More to come after drying, there's still Zam#2 waiting in the dark to be harvested, ho ho ho ;)

Cheers

Tangwena

Veteran
Oaxaca x Panama for the winner everything about that plant excites me, awesome result brother cant wait to give these a go one day.

Fronk

Beautiful work koondense

Beautiful work koondense

Here is my Oaxaca x Panama.
Hopefully I can get something close to your beautiful Oaxaca Koondense. 😍

Attachments

• 4249F9FF-7FEB-453F-8A82-0041335F85AD.jpg
    4249F9FF-7FEB-453F-8A82-0041335F85AD.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 37

Koondense

Veteran
Lovely one you got there Fronk,

i hope she'll come to be a great plant for your liking. With these genes i have no doubt about it ;)

Best of luck!

Cheers

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Amazing Koondense friend :dance013:

What an amazing sativa grow! Thank you very much for all your juicy updates and for give them a try to these 2 new Panama hybrids.
They have really stole the show to Zamaldelica! :D

Congrats on the harvest and on your excellent gardening skills to tame the sativas indoors. Wish you enjoy them to the max!
We will wait patiently for your smoke reports :)

Koondense

Veteran
Thank you dubi!
Yeah I think they'll need time to properly cure but an early smoke report won't hurt :)
Meanwhile both Zamaldelicas were also quite stellar, especially regarding their smell which is very fruity sweet and tropical, very pleasant and somehow in contrast to the smoke effect which is damn powerful already. I sampled and already smoke the Zam#1 and I find her effect quite benevolent and pleasing but without the stone or any laziness. Gets me a bit of tingling and does something funny inside the brain, like something flips and suddenly you're damn high :)

Next in line is Killer A5 Haze, got one seed soaking already ;)

Thanks again for the chance to test these wonderful panama hybrids!

Cheers

ULMW

Beautiful grow Koondense. The Oxaca 79 x Panama and Thai hybrid were stunning. Superb growing and lovely documenting. Thanks for sharing. I may have to pop a Oaxaca 79 x Panama too.. Thanks for the inspirational grow journal.. Happy Harvest!

F2F

Thai influence in ThaiPan?

Thai influence in ThaiPan?

Hi koondense,

Very interested in hearing your thoughts on how the Thai comes through in the Thaipan x. I've a GT breeders pack with one of the four lines using this Thai. The description on their website from Dubi seems to indicate this Thai is more psychedelic than the Hmong and Koh Chang used previously.

Thanks in advance,
F2F

Morglie

Hi koondense,

Very interested in hearing your thoughts on how the Thai comes through in the Thaipan x. I've a GT breeders pack with one of the four lines using this Thai. The description on their website from Dubi seems to indicate this Thai is more psychedelic than the Hmong and Koh Chang used previously.

Thanks in advance,
F2F

They seem to have a blend of the two genetics. I've got a cut that looks almost identical to the Thai mother with the buds. It's got a lovely lime aroma with a bit of dankness in the nose in smoking. Very nice floaty sativa buzz. It's a relaxing buzz as apposed to am electric, energizing buzz. Much different than the Panama I've grown.

Koondense

Veteran
Hey F2F,
I will have some smoke tests before being able to feel the plant's overall vibe. So far it's just dried enough for smoking, zero cure time.
Had a first impression with one airy bud yesterday, the flower is not dense at all but still feels kind of meaty, especially the tops. The feel is also not so resionus but more oily to the touch, I feel just a bit more drying will be perfect. I like the flower structure a lot despite the buds being overall very airy for mainstream standards.
The little I smoked got me in a really interesting place, the high is somehow introspective and dreamy but still clear. It seems to be good for concentration and at the same time it's distracting, a good spiritual combo :)
She's similar in effect to Pangi(Panama x BangiHaze) but with a different aroma and flower structure and flowering time. Also is probably longer lasting, will follow the change in spectrum of effects during the curing process.
I would recommend trying this cross to anyone who looks for a growing challenge(very stretchy and vigorous growth) and a spiritual high.
Feels kind of "old school meets new school" but still "old school" :)

Cheers

F2F

^^^:biggrin:

Thanks for the Breakdown on the Thai guys! Sounds very nice indeed. From these and other reports on the Pan crosses, it seems to contribute at various levels but never overpower or get overpowered by whatever Dubi x's it with.

Cheers
F2F

robotwithdreams

Veteran
Beautiful grow Koondense. The Oxaca 79 x Panama and Thai hybrid were stunning. Superb growing and lovely documenting. Thanks for sharing. I may have to pop a Oaxaca 79 x Panama too.. Thanks for the inspirational grow journal.. Happy Harvest!

Agreed. Standing applause!

Going through these pics I had to literally put down my i pad and give Koondense a standing applause.