What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Honduras Haze limited edition

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Damn, just smoking some now. The high is real boy! I was tired almost crashing, not anymore I guess :). Psytrance vibes are probably helping though ^^

Pure tropical sativa are so freakin amazing!! Take some dedication but well worth it :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So glad to hear it Benoit :) The tropical sativa smoke of our Honduras Hazes are really uplifting ;) How did you Purple Honduras Haze grow finish ?

BenoitV1984

Veteran
Terrible at 55 North and harvested December 25th but it’s free weed so I won’t complain :). There are more leaves than flowers so it’s just a mere preview... taste like crap but there is some uplifting effect nevertheless. I’ll grow her indoor next winter.

rolandomota

Mine are Christmas trees 2 weeks of flower around 6 feet tall 3 females in 3 gallon of soil Coco perlite mix perfect just like I wanted them only three I freaking killed one the best biggest one it uprooted itself I screwed up and didn't top off the container with fresh soil it leaned over and I put it back straight put soil but it was too late an air bubble had already gotten to the roots.that one was the fastest growing probably it would be 7 feet tall

5 big males 3 took about 3 weeks to first drop pollen 2 we're slower probably haze types they took about 5.5 week to first drop pollen
1 male is short and long flower super short and 1 female also extremely short 1 foot tall less than 2 feet tall compared to 6 feet of the big ones I'm crossing those shorty "g" ones together I'm thinking the long flower big males also I don't know I'm definitely saving tons of pollen

So that is 11 where's 12? I'm not sure it could be a runt I'm nursing or it's dead the runt could be muang sing Laos from khalifa genetics
I wonder if them shorty g plants are purple Haze dominant? Definitely the longer flower types are 2 tall and one short because pollen after 5 weeks close to six? hmm o and it's limited and ace means it when they say limited where's purple haze Thai? and purple Haze bx? Limited out of stock no plans in near future to reproduce guess what purple honduras haze is limited not in my garden but yea limited
I'm using a good ol classic 1000 watt hps but it might be too hot I'm using 750 minimum probably second half of flower when it's hotter March through May 1st probably
So total was 5 female 6 males one missing in action two are very short one male and one female 3 males are longer flower about 5 or 6 weeks to drop pollen 2 tall one short the rest are huge branchy Christmas trees

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Mine turned out to be female. She is 5 or 6 weeks along. Tall and slender, will try to get pics soon.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice rolandomota and TexasTea :) Looking forward to see your Purple Honduras Haze in flowering!

rolandomota, usually the taller longer plants are the Haziest expressions.

Yep, Purple Honduras Haze is a limited edition so once it is sold out there's no guarantee that it will come back or it may take 10 years to come back like Purple Haze Thai.
We are planning an interesting pure Haze repro in 1-2 years, and of course Purple Haze breeding and inbreeding is always a high priority .... will be popping a lot of new seeds so we will see what we find first.

rolandomota

Well I have done a horrible job so far my plants don't like me lol but I got tons and tons and did I say tons? Tons of seeds tons lol lots of hybrids and pure crosses of phh
I had a violeta that only had 8 seeds too bad as that one was purple and sativa looking 8 or 9 week finish it would make a nice cross to phh but I got tired of so many seeds and no weed so it ended up only with 8 seeds
that short plant took off and ended up as tall as all the others , one looks very haze dominant wispy barely developed at 3.5 months vs the short one that got really tall that one is 2.5 months flower and is further along a few others I messed up bad with my new soil mix and spraying for bugs

I will try to get a picture of the better one
I made tons of seeds with different females but I mixed them up in a bag I just figured it's phh males to different sativas the pure phh I will try to separate
I think I will call it rolandomota sativa mix #2 theirs a #3 and pure phh bag the mix#1 is different no phh in it
Ok too much info I know bye for now

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
I had this elegant willowy girl stuck in the corner all winter in a small pot, but she still survives. I will try to snap pics in the next day or two. I had to tie her up espalier style a few days ago as the flowers are getting heavier. She is fading out now and has some nice perfumy aromas that finally have come around. Will be looking to chop her in a couple of weeks probably...will check trichomes this week.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Not much perfume this morning...

16190907763496649868317760132059.jpg

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
A tickle under her skirts yields a mild floral aroma and a little stickiness but she is not as fragrant as many others.

Attachments

• photo2039195.jpg
    photo2039195.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 51

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Love it TexasTea :tiphat: Really nice results with your Purple Honduras Haze girl, not easy to finish properly this genetics indoors like you did.

She is a very purple Honduran pheno (closer to Honduras mother #7) with such good yield of big fluffy buds of great flower/leaf ratio and full of pistils. The purpling she shows is also closer to the purple Honduras. Those harvested buds look simply :yummy: Enjoy and thanks A LOT for your feedback on this one and so many other ACE strains :huggy:

JustGrowing420

Damn TexasTea ! Really nice work. Did you order the whole ACE catalogue by chance? haha
Your PHxMalawi and Panam Haze look especially yummy. This one more exotic, pity it does not smell much, Hope the effect makes up.

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Hehe, yeah man! I actually have stockpiled most of the Ace catalog over the past few years and am sitting on a fantastic library of genetics. Still working my way through them... ;)

Early test on this one is positive. It's got potential to be a nice smoke I think. It's got a very nice sweet and spicy bouquet. I just tried a pinch in a bowl and it has some sweet flavors with little bit different terpene profile from what I am used to. I only took one big toke but was pleasantly buzzed for my morning chores. :)

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Also noticed a big gust of coffee like aromas coming off both the still growing buds and the dried flowers. Very complex bouquet that also includes dark berry/fruity smells. But it is different from what I have detected on indica strains like Early Bubba and others. I'm guessing maybe the anthocyanins might be the source?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yeah right TexasTea the dark-berry terpenes come from Purple Haze.
The earthy, coffee aromas can also be found but they are quite different from the earthy-coffee indica aromatic expressions.
The dried flowery aromas are more related to Honduras than Oldtimer's Haze.

Both Green Honduras Haze and Purple Honduras Haze may seem to have mild in effects at the beginning, but with a good curing they gain an uplifting positive cerebral quality with 0 body numbing that is rare to find nowadays and that i appreciate a lot. ;) Wish i coould be there this summer! Enjoy friend, truly deserved!

TexasTea

Curious Cannivore
Veteran
Thanks for the info Dubi, really enjoying these. :)

I just took down the remaining branches yesterday. I found one spot of botrytis but that was easily discarded. She did throw some bananas at the end for whatever reason, stress probably, but again, they were easily picked off. Very decent yield and not much trimming.