What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thai Chi

Bnyest

Thanks for joining the thread with your Thai Chi Bnyest :) Really nice resins early on! How is she currently doing, close to finish ? How would you describe her terpene profile ?
She’s done already, i took her down today.I have to check my notes to see how long it took. Savory foods smells its what I’m getting. Here’s few pics from like week ago
IMG_3444.jpeg
IMG_3451.jpeg
IMG_3443.jpeg
IMG_3442.jpeg

Last edited:

Mountainkush

Thanks a lot for the updates @Mountainkush :D Such early flowering and moderate sized Thai Chis with the Thai foxtailed flower structure and the complex Kali China terps usually produce my favorite Thai Chi expressions.

Both Thai Chi and Outback Haze x Kali China look quite similar for several traits (they share same Kali China pollen donor, but different Thai mothers). The Outback cross looks like has better flower/leaf ratio. How is the aroma of the latest in late flowering ? Guess they are not far from harvest!
Hey Dubi
Both have been cut down and dried and currently curing. I was wrong on the timing from my last post. The Thai Chi went 8.5 weeks 11/13 day/night and the OB haze x kc went for 10 weeks.
Outback left Thai Chi right
49CBA655-30C9-4A83-82D9-3908F71F5AC2.jpeg

The smell has definitely changed on the Thai chi now that it’s in jars and reminds me a lot of the first one I grew. Not very fruity anymore and more of a herbal spice blend. I want to say green tea like someone else mentioned but I’m not really sure.

The outback Kc has some faint Kalichina scents to it along with something that reminds me of the nevils haze Panama I grew. And in my vaporizer I noticed a very familiar taste like I got from the first C5xkalichina I grew that reminds me of marshmallows.
I’ll let you know how I like the effects after I get to know them a little better but both are great so far. Very focused and positive with no anxiety.

Funkalicious

Hey folks!

I'm amazed at the size of your Thai Chi @Azure ! Here is an update from my guerilla grow at 1000m altitude.

@dubi to answer your question, We have 8 Thai Chis, but from 2 mothers we started from fem seeds. One pheno is 1-2 weeks ahead of the other.

Thai Chi balcony (with some Creamy Kees plants mixed in)
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.07.16.png

Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.30.14.png

Faster Thai Chi pheno
Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 14.09.25.png

We staked this plant as it was drooping so much. I suppose it has 3-4 weeks left to go! The other pheno probably 4-5 weeks. I am worried about how cold and wet it is going to get by then... but this is a stress test I suppose!

I might stick to faster genetics next year, but this is great fun. I wanted to try these amazing sativas out in the mountains. Looking forward to seeing what these girls can do.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey folks!

I'm amazed at the size of your Thai Chi @Azure ! Here is an update from my guerilla grow at 1000m altitude.

@dubi to answer your question, We have 8 Thai Chis, but from 2 mothers we started from fem seeds. One pheno is 1-2 weeks ahead of the other.

Thai Chi balcony (with some Creamy Kees plants mixed in)
View attachment 18895796
View attachment 18895797

Faster Thai Chi pheno
View attachment 18895798

We staked this plant as it was drooping so much. I suppose it has 3-4 weeks left to go! The other pheno probably 4-5 weeks. I am worried about how cold and wet it is going to get by then... but this is a stress test I suppose!

I might stick to faster genetics next year, but this is great fun. I wanted to try these amazing sativas out in the mountains. Looking forward to seeing what these girls can do.
Oh ok @Funkalicious so you have 8 outdoor clones taken from 2 different Thai Chi mothers :yes: Looks like they still need at least 4 weeks more to finish, most probably they will be ripe around early November.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi
Both have been cut down and dried and currently curing. I was wrong on the timing from my last post. The Thai Chi went 8.5 weeks 11/13 day/night and the OB haze x kc went for 10 weeks.
Outback left Thai Chi right
View attachment 18893365

The smell has definitely changed on the Thai chi now that it’s in jars and reminds me a lot of the first one I grew. Not very fruity anymore and more of a herbal spice blend. I want to say green tea like someone else mentioned but I’m not really sure.

The outback Kc has some faint Kalichina scents to it along with something that reminds me of the nevils haze Panama I grew. And in my vaporizer I noticed a very familiar taste like I got from the first C5xkalichina I grew that reminds me of marshmallows.
I’ll let you know how I like the effects after I get to know them a little better but both are great so far. Very focused and positive with no anxiety.

Thanks a lot for sharing a pic of each :love: @Mountainkush Love to hear the Thai Chi with such tropical sativa look and outcome was done in less than 9 weeks of flowering! The Outback Haze mother is really close to Haze C for its Thai terpenes and effects, so i'm not surprised you found the cross /Outback Haze x Kali China) similar in some ways to C5 Haze x Kali China. Outback Haze x Kali China flowers look more appealing than Thai Chi, but curious to know which one do you prefer for effects at the end.

Funkalicious

Oh ok @Funkalicious so you have 8 outdoor clones taken from 2 different Thai Chi mothers :yes: Looks like they still need at least 4 weeks more to finish, most probably they will be ripe around early November.
Thanks for the helpful input Dubi! We'll go check in 4 weeks..and if that's not good enough.. And no snow storm is forecast.. we'll wait another 5th week for the last chance hehehe! Big hype for this one.

Mountainkush

Thanks a lot for sharing a pic of each :love: @Mountainkush Love to hear the Thai Chi with such tropical sativa look and outcome was done in less than 9 weeks of flowering! The Outback Haze mother is really close to Haze C for its Thai terpenes and effects, so i'm not surprised you found the cross /Outback Haze x Kali China) similar in some ways to C5 Haze x Kali China. Outback Haze x Kali China flowers look more appealing than Thai Chi, but curious to know which one do you prefer for effects at the end.
Crazy fast for something so good. My first one was just as fast I think. This one was a bit more leafy but it makes no difference to me. Especially since I mostly use a vaporizer now.
AE1A613D-A7AF-4F5D-B06A-EDACD425DB1B.jpeg

LHC

Hi,

How long stretch and flowering time should one expect from the Thai leaning variants?

Greencedar

Hi,

How long stretch and flowering time should one expect from the Thai leaning variants?
Dubi would know better than me but from my experience it depends a lot on the pheno. The Thai leaner stretched twice as much as the Kali china leaner. I topped mine a bit late and flowered them short (9-12”) thinking they might stretch like crazy but even the Thai leaner finished well under 3ft. I think you’d be safe to flip them at around 20-24” for a good yielding 3-4ft plant (indoors).

Mayan posts a lot of beautiful ace seed grows and I think he wrote somewhere that he likes the stems to be the size of a finger before flip, for a good yeilder. I’ve noticed that to be true with most of the “medium” size sativas in ace’s catalogue (not the hazes though…)

My two cents…hope it helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi,

That's a good question, and @Greencedar was on point: the recessive, less frequent, longer flowering Thai dominant phenos can easily double in size the most common, columnar structured, early flowering, colorful Kali China expressions.

Reactions: LHC

LHC

That's a good question, and @Greencedar was on point: the recessive, less frequent, longer flowering Thai dominant phenos can easily double in size the most common, columnar structured, early flowering, colorful Kali China expressions.
So what pheno do you think this is @dubi ?

Attachments

• thaichi.jpg
    thaichi.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Latest posts