What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bangi Congo x Panama feminized limited edition

SolarLogos

Here's my two Bangi Congo x Panama plants this season. In different sections of the garden and planted next to my Super Malawi Haze in both places. In both cases the Bangi Congo/Panama is larger. I think maybe those were germinated first. Looking good so far. Hoping it keeps on that way.

first one
View Image

Second one, Bangi Congo/Panama on the left, Super Malawi Haze on the right
View Image
Your garden is off to a great start. Those are going to get huge before they finish. BCP, SMH and those GT, two which are becoming trees are going to keep you stocked for a couple years. The problem I see you running into down the line is where to store all of this cured bud, but that is a positive problem.:biggrin:
Beautiful garden, nice job!
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi musigny23,

A pleasure to see you are running more ACE genetics this outdoor season. I love your outdoor style :ying:

Bangi Congo x Panama is indeed a vigorous sativa hybrid, although i guess the Super Malawi Hazes will catch them up during early flowering stretching. Best wishes for the upcoming months!

musigny23

2019 grow

2019 grow

A pleasure to see you are running more ACE genetics this outdoor season. I love your outdoor style :ying:

Bangi Congo x Panama is indeed a vigorous sativa hybrid, although i guess the Super Malawi Hazes will catch them up during early flowering stretching. Best wishes for the upcoming months!

Thanks! What is it you like about my style? Just doing what seems best for the space I have.

Anyway here are new pics of the two Bangi Congo x Panama. Doing well and much bigger now. On both of them I've pulled over the main top to get more side branch growth and limit their height. More discreet and it can get quite windy here sometimes. I've also pulled out lower branches and staked them to open up the plant and let more sun in. Plus that will prevent branches from breaking later when they get more weight.

This one on the left shares a raised bed with a Super Malawi Haze. This one also had the center top pulled over and tied and the side branches really spread out by doing that. I did it to the SMH too but it didn't spread as much. I guess the Panama is part of the reason.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi musigny23,

I mean i like your gardening skills and the outcome of your outdoor plants :)
Both are doing great, they look quite Panama dominant, at least structurally during growth.
Best wishes with them!

musigny23

Hi musigny23,

I mean i like your gardening skills and the outcome of your outdoor plants :)
Both are doing great, they look quite Panama dominant, at least structurally during growth.
Best wishes with them!

I haven't grown or even seen up close Bangi Congo or Panama plants on their own. But I've seen other Congo types and Panama crosses and these do look more like Panama based on what I saw. There is some differences showing between them now as they begin to shift to flowering.

It's a challenge to grow here. The sandy clay soil is or about 25-40 cm deep. Under it is more dense clay and limestone. Not a natural cannabis terroir. Every spring means digging in as much organic compost materials as I can but it's hard work. By fall it's as if I didn't do it. It disappears into the sandy clay. Sun exposure is good but being a km from the ocean means cold wet nights and windy afternoons. Dense indica kush strains often mold just as they get close to maturity so I don't grow them much anymore.

The hardest thing is getting watering right. Drainage isn't good because of the clay layer under everything. I can tell when a plant's roots have hit the clay because the center stalk will start showing nutrient issues. Water too much and that happens sooner. The sandy clay dries out easily so mulching is needed to slow it down.Usually I start seeing some issues around this time each summer. Plant health gets uneven. The main effect is reduced yield and some color differences in the finished buds (pale green instead of deep green. Kinda frustrating but I'd have to spend a lot of money to really improve it.

Fronk

Mixed strain (4) grow

Mixed strain (4) grow

Mixed strain grown
200lt living soil shared pot
9 weeks from seed
Bangi congo x panama
Orient express x Nepal jam
Red sapphire
Pck
😍

Attachments

• 9EDB3F0A-B80E-48F5-8034-A467ABC1C863.jpg
    9EDB3F0A-B80E-48F5-8034-A467ABC1C863.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 4DA3F5BD-334D-48F4-87E4-0157ABEF65BF.jpg
    4DA3F5BD-334D-48F4-87E4-0157ABEF65BF.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 64

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi musigny23,

You are right, your 2 Bangi Congo x Panamas look more Panama influenced in structure and leaf traits, with the very vigorous, tall and wide Panama growth .... Bangi Congo parental plants has a more compact, columnar structure and darker foliage. Your plants are doing really well despite the limited depth of the soil they are planted at. They have almost the size of a tree so I'm sure they are finding their way to expand their root system, although as you correctly pointed out once the root system is rootbound you will need to pay more frequent attentions to them with the watering, ph and feedings to avoid deficiencies in the most important stage of the plant: the flowering.

If i'm not wrong, they should be starting to flower at this point.
Please, keep us updated when you have the chance! :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Fronk,

Your 4 ACE strains indoor grow was looking very healthy and neat in early August!

It's not easy to grow different strains with different vigors, space and feeding requirements in the same indoor cabinet, but i'm sure you will manage to bring to a very successful end this grow.

I will follow your progresses of each plant in the threads dedicated to each strain.
Best wishes!

Fronk

Progress

Progress

Just flipped, everything coming along nicely. 😊.

Attachments

• 6EABC675-71B7-444A-86EF-0B355775E6C5.jpg
    6EABC675-71B7-444A-86EF-0B355775E6C5.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 57
  • BB025E84-6027-4431-8B3E-DE703A511641.jpg
    BB025E84-6027-4431-8B3E-DE703A511641.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 58

Fronk

Day 22

Day 22

This thing Lookslike it’s about to explode.
Slight pink pistils starting today. 🤔
I am not really sure what to expect to be honest✌️.

Attachments

• 7899C517-40F8-4BF6-B90A-1B9F91113A41.jpg
    7899C517-40F8-4BF6-B90A-1B9F91113A41.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 64
  • B4EFA3B3-562B-45E1-AC87-7CAE2FC8BE71.jpg
    B4EFA3B3-562B-45E1-AC87-7CAE2FC8BE71.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 55

musigny23

Here are photos from yesterday of my two BC x P plants. Both are well into flowering now, more than halfway. Very pretty magenta color in the pistils. I grew a "test" plant last year in a pot that showed promise so I grew two full on in the ground this year and it's turning out well. Each one could yield 1000 grams. Can't say for sure but it seems possible.

As you might be able to see, these large plants show different degrees of "health" in different branches. Each one has more green and lush branches and also yellowing and colorful branches. The greener areas are not as mature and the buds look slightly bigger. All I can think is that the soil conditions vary in the root zone. I'm never able to have a large plant be equally healthy all around the whole plant. There is always variation.

As 100% tropical sativa hybrids they are maturing fairly fast. Much faster than my Destroyer, Golden Tiger, Malawi or Thai plants. That's good because I need things to mature at different times due to limited drying space.

jmPRfUA.jpg

wyy8pyj.jpg

This one has other plants close around it so it's hard to see it alone, but I think you can tell.
O6grSIi.jpg

Wow Musigny23! You are killing it with your outdoor grow. Love seeing those pink pistils!

How did you like the effect of the plant you grew last year?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi musigny,

Your Bangi Congo x Panamas are looking great! :)
With very desirable traits from both strains: vigorous, high yielding and with the sought after pink pistils coming from Panama,
but with a shorter flowering time than straight Panama thanks to the influence of Bangi Congo mother. You are almost there! ;)

musigny23

This one is pretty much ready. Pistils are red or brown and no new ones to speak of. My second one of these plants. The other one I took a couple days ago. I'm surprised to see these tropical sativa hybrids finishing this early in October. Is it the season conditions this year? Seems like this year is about two weeks ahead of recent years.

Several nice top buds grouped together. I'm liking this particular special edition. The Panama seems dominant. My best results with an African/Panama cross so far.

IpkkHUL.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts