What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post Your ACE X's !!!

Sensistar42

Th
Go for thcv containing cultivars. Ace just released 2 oaxacan hybrids, I highly recommend the old oaxacan for adhd symptoms, a very anxiolytic stimulating motivating high, not dissociative like some of the more psychedelic cultivars, while they are hybrids of panama or a5H they should be 50% Oaxacan.
I actually am pheno hunting through a pack of ethiopian right now!🤣

And thank you for the advice on the Oaxacan. It would have to be the Panama one for me. I can literally feel when anything has nl in it. 🤣 I wish it wasn’t the case.

shiva82

peach ozz x oldtimer haze cola . pollinated by paradise cheese ibl x oldtimer haze . she has had a few sub freezing days to cope with over winter so is not the best representation. the peach x oldtimer smells of artificial grape juice .

Attachments

• IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0993.JPG
    IMG_0993.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 102

EnjoyingLife

Go for thcv containing cultivars. Ace just released 2 oaxacan hybrids, I highly recommend the old oaxacan for adhd symptoms, a very anxiolytic stimulating motivating high, not dissociative like some of the more psychedelic cultivars, while they are hybrids of panama or a5H they should be 50% Oaxacan.
Pretty sure a5h has skunk and or nl in it. Should check myself but I'm willing to be wrong...
I do enjoy thcv it seems. Just as long as the thc is in higher proportion.

*Was about to mention Ethiopia but saw I hadn't scrolled enough for the next message*

EnjoyingLife

Sadly no anything with northern lights in it makes me depressed/sad morbid thinking and with skunk 1 I get anxiety feels from the afghani 1 in it. Anything from ace has been fine and just any pheno of anything really. It’s sad because I can’t just go to the dispensary and get something different with out knowing it will be crappy for me. 🤷‍♂️ Autistic/adhd
I don't think they push me quite that far as I already have a lot of morbid thoughts (seems bordem makes me go there) but I get what you mean as they tend to make me lethargic which leads to depression.
Skunk 1 is a bit easier but the come down is crap.
Maybe I'll grab an indica from Ace. I've been wanting one but to... scared? to try any because of the after effects mostly.

ilovegrowing

Speaking of pck crosses, i just harvested the last of 2 examples of a cross i tried, chuckin pollen style.
green mountain grape x pck (purple)

The first one i harvested early because i thought i saw a nanner and didnt want to interfere with another current reproduction. The light was bad, and i was a little drastic.
But beautiful she was.

She didnt like being topped at all. Little stretch. Earthy, foresty notes, a tiny bit berry, but not sweet
D2B88B2D-AF54-4973-A993-54D7722891C3.jpeg

41CA914B-71D7-4D35-9786-980515A0B87F.jpeg

The second pheno, more branchy, yet like the other one, not much stretch, late purple onset. Smells kushy, hashy, with a certain pink red funk in the back. (I think i like describing smells i cannot put a word on in colours, synesthesia or smth, anybody else doing this) taste is just kush and hash
No sweetness. First try just dried seems to be quite focussed, which i like, i expected different. Pheno 1, the above is more physical, left me a bit groggy, even early picked. Imo
Gmg x pck 2
Ca 58 day 11/13
A221B125-FDBD-4BBE-BFAC-0B5497E81C09.jpeg

434440D1-9BCB-49BD-B9B1-7BCC4D8F3FE4.jpeg

My impression is, and maybe ive read it somewhere too, that pck can be quite dominant in the first f1 cross. Which is structurewise and also aromawise true in this two individuals, as i dont smell much the mom in the mix. Maybe i try to cross the scnd one back to gmg father. Would be interesting and i would be ok of letting her go, cause i dont have much space. Would maybe also work outdoor.

See you around fellow growers, man, i really like this hobby, being so close to creation

Sensistar42

I don't think they push me quite that far as I already have a lot of morbid thoughts (seems bordem makes me go there) but I get what you mean as they tend to make me lethargic which leads to depression.
Skunk 1 is a bit easier but the come down is crap.
Maybe I'll grab an indica from Ace. I've been wanting one but to... scared? to try any because of the after effects mostly.
Has Nl5 in it, dubi has mention multiple times in threads about how dark it can get on your head. I’ve experienced this as well with nlxnl5xnl2 from ak bean brains. Good stuff but not for me lol. I was having bad anxiety from stains like blueberry, skunk 1 crosses and I was blaming it on the sativa sides. And I was on a mission to go back to the building blocks of everything and hoping just to get the sativa out of things to see what worked. Then I went on a nl1, black domina, nl crosses etc only to realize that nl was causing the morbid thinking. And then I heard riot talk about how even in the old high times magazines that when afghani 1 came around all the sativa head reviewing it thought it as anxiety inducing and heart palpitation like and not great. Then after trying different pure sativas I’ve not had those issues compared to skunk #1 crosses.

And after trying china and Pck strains from ace and I’ll be looking at other Pakistanis and the like. I haven’t had one issue. 🤷‍♂️That it’s seems like how dubi has sad about afghanis being muddy and foggy and not as great feeling as other regions of the world.

EnjoyingLife

Has Nl5 in it, dubi has mention multiple times in threads about how dark it can get on your head. I’ve experienced this as well with nlxnl5xnl2 from ak bean brains. Good stuff but not for me lol. I was having bad anxiety from stains like blueberry, skunk 1 crosses and I was blaming it on the sativa sides. And I was on a mission to go back to the building blocks of everything and hoping just to get the sativa out of things to see what worked. Then I went on a nl1, black domina, nl crosses etc only to realize that nl was causing the morbid thinking. And then I heard riot talk about how even in the old high times magazines that when afghani 1 came around all the sativa head reviewing it thought it as anxiety inducing and heart palpitation like and not great. Then after trying different pure sativas I’ve not had those issues compared to skunk #1 crosses.

And after trying china and Pck strains from ace and I’ll be looking at other Pakistanis and the like. I haven’t had one issue. 🤷‍♂️That it’s seems like how dubi has sad about afghanis being muddy and foggy and not as great feeling as other regions of the world.
I wonder whats the difference brain chemistry,...psyche also? wise between people who like that muddy effect vs ones who don't.

I've been looking at pck and a couple crosses but I think pure would suit my purposes better.

Sensistar42

I wonder whats the difference brain chemistry,...psyche also? wise between people who like that muddy effect vs ones who don't.

I've been looking at pck and a couple crosses but I think pure would suit my purposes better.
Yes I feel like with adhd if you have body calming weed or like super calming grape terps, it relaxes and understimulates you and that causes executive dysfunction anxiety etc. because you need stimulation. While sativas for me are stimulating and happier while functioning well.

Hmong

Veteran
I feel like with adhd

in general, we react to terps a lot more than this game gives credit to.
batches of the same cut already affect me differently.

and sometimes, I come across strains or even just individuals, that cause the dark thoughts you mentioned. Those are my "dark jars" which often last the longest, there I noticed that the bad effects also vanish with the terps, as the weed gets old.

3 months into the cure, I'm often like "ahh, it can't be that bad, that was just me being weak"
stuff that had me hinding under the sheets prior, on a sick one^^

you gotta try at least 3 times for a verdict, and blood sugar is also a big deal in how weed can affect you in general.

don't buy commercial, grow you own and let your nose be you guide.
commercial also meaning bunk seeds, you know how that game works

EnjoyingLife

Yes I feel like with adhd if you have body calming weed or like super calming grape terps, it relaxes and understimulates you and that causes executive dysfunction anxiety etc. because you need stimulation. While sativas for me are stimulating and happier while functioning well.
I can get behind that.
Relaxing weed has typically always lead to depression and or anxiety in me. Irritation to but I think that's because of the lethargy.

Sensistar42

in general, we react to terps a lot more than this game gives credit to.
batches of the same cut already affect me differently.

and sometimes, I come across strains or even just individuals, that cause the dark thoughts you mentioned. Those are my "dark jars" which often last the longest, there I noticed that the bad effects also vanish with the terps, as the weed gets old.

3 months into the cure, I'm often like "ahh, it can't be that bad, that was just me being weak"
stuff that had me hinding under the sheets prior, on a sick one^^

you gotta try at least 3 times for a verdict, and blood sugar is also a big deal in how weed can affect you in general.

don't buy commercial, grow you own and let your nose be you guide.
commercial also meaning bunk seeds, you know how that game works
I feel you terpenoline, lemonine, and Ocimine are my go to terps for day to day function. Luckily aces gear has those in almost everything so it’s been pretty nice this past year finding things that make me feel functionable. 🤣

shiva82

peach ozz x green oldtimer haze feamle plant in my pollen chucking cab . pollinated by paradise cheese x oldtimerhaze . she is a neglected plant , but smells delightful . this pheno reminds me of artificial grapes. the last pheno i grew from that batch of seeds was more mango and carrot in aromas.

Attachments

• IMG_1036.JPG
    IMG_1036.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1037.JPG
    IMG_1037.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1038.JPG
    IMG_1038.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 83

EnjoyingLife

you would love my ThaiKush (Hmong Hilltribe x PCK f1), zero Skunk terps
likely high in Farnesene too, a lab test would be interesting at some point.
Strong green apple and citrus candy smells from the PCK that translate well into the taste.
View attachment 18979185
View attachment 18979186
add beta caryophellene, humlene and pinene.
Those seem to be the terps for me.
This thaikush sounds promising.

Hmong

Veteran
How long does she need for flower?

this cut only takes 60 days on average, I grew out one seed and got lucky.

in the past, I had phenos running up to 15 weeks, but that was partly due to my bad methods and very cold conditions at the time.
Personally I've yet seen more Sativa dominant phenos, where as other growers reported a PCK dominance, with mostly stocky and fast plants. PCKs with increased yield.
I assume that's just variance, as nobody has yet shown me a sample of more than 5 plants.
That said, try selecting from a decent number to begin with and use small pots, so the plants stay manageable in case of Thai phenos.

yours should turn out pretty much the same, I think.

grown in 2015, when I was still learning the craft. No need for 6ft plants anymore ^
full

full

Last edited: