What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spider Farmer SF4000 vs 2 Mars Hydro SP250s

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
whats up folks? Been a lil minute, figured its time to add to the research that is icmag!
Left side 2 Mars SP250s, Right side Spider Farmer SF4000. Wattage adjusted to an equal 438w on each side, running on 240v.
8 plants on each side, 6 vibranium, a sureshot and a sureshot x blueberry muffin on one side, and 7 vibraniums and a sureshot on the other. For accuracy in side by side one vibranium on one side and the bbmuffin x sureshot on other side will not be counted in comparison weight.
Running Jacks 321, coco drain to waste in 1 gallon fabric pots.
Heres some shots...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Man I almost killt this project before I started! Left the timer on the water pump on off mode from when I was refilling the reservoirs. Luckily caught it in time, they was drooping but no shriveledge. Bounced back but Im giving them a couple extra days before flip to make sure they aint stressed and feeling healthy. Probably flip on sunday now...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

U can see from the pics the sf4000 has a lil bit warmer light spectrum.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Heres a couple nug shots of the strains Im runnin this round. First pic vibranium, second one cremé de la blue, third sureshot. One of the vibraniums and the cremé de la blue wont be counted in final weight to make it equal, 1 sureshot on each side and and 6 vibraniums will make for final comparison. I’ll post totals too tho. It will be interesting to compare the bud quality from the 315w cmh these were grown under...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Any difference so far in veg between the lights?

They definitely have shorter internode spacing compared to the 315 I veg with. But I keep that thing a little further back than recommended in order to veg a larger space so not an accurate comparison. Plus they an extra 120w. I know they be pushin though, no complaints at all in the new growth department. This was originally going to be a grow on just the sf4000 side but they vegged too fast and I wasnt ready to flip, thats why I split the crop in half and bought another 250, then thought might as well do a side by side!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Oh as far as between these too, it does seem like im getting a lil more stretch from the sp250 side.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The real proof will be 5-10 grows down the road. Assuming the Mars makes it that long (they have a horrible track record), testing the diode output will tell a lot.

We are all conned to believe that LEDs will last 50K hours BUT that's only for deep blue

Latest posts

Latest posts