Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Organic Soil > Organics for Beginners

Thread Title Search
Organics for Beginners Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2007, 01:42 AM #21

The only time I consider PH is for amendments vs. my water PH. If my amendments are going to be more acid then I use tapwater for water supply and if it leans more alkaline then I use RO or similar. Even at that not much thought is put towards PH and I don't own a single form of PH testing equip. I trust 100% in my micro-herds to handle the PH for me.

J.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:03 AM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnOne
buttcrack-
pH isn't a big factor in organics like it is in synthetic growing. Be sure your soil mix is full of humates from compost or worm castings. Use one of the soiless mixes I posted at the beginning of this thread and forget about pH if you use any of the nute recipes I posted below it.
My guano teas have been as high as 9 and my Pure Blend Pro as low as 4 and I never had any problems.
Burn1
ride on', burnone!

Old 04-02-2007, 07:44 PM #23
SensimillaWolf
Eternal Master of Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu Botany

SensimillaWolf is on a distinguished road
I'm planning a SOG (probably a week of veg) under my 400w, I'll be using the first soilless mix along with your first suggestion for food sources. The thing is, I dont have any bone meal or jersey greensand. I also don't have any Liquid Karma. The only bottled products I have are the three-part bio bizz line.

I'd like to save a few bucks and some effort if possible, so is the Liquid Karma wet-down skippable? Would tap water left out for a few days be ok?

In addition to that, how important is the bone meal if I'm not vegging very long? Is the Jersey Greensand necessary for supplementation, considering the bio bizz line is just molasses and kelp?

Does anyone know what I can expect in terms of a feeding schedule for a mostly-indica hybrid?
SensimillaWolf is offline Quote

Old 04-02-2007, 09:50 PM #24

SensiWolf,
LK is a catalyst so it is not necessary but it will make a difference in end product.

Tap water left out dissipates Chlorine and Chloramine. That is prefferable if you use any kind of innoculants.

Bone meal isn't gonna do much for veggin except some nutrient to the growing rootmass; BM is more for flowering stage - BM = Phosphorus source.

Greensand is an organic source of calcium and magnesium; it is skippable if your media and solution have enough already. I think it also helps balance PH. (I don't use it - I might be wrong)

Each strain is different; some are heavy feeders and others are picky eaters. Thats why you'll hear the term "dialing it in", It means you know your plants habits but it takes time, patience and observation to do so.

J

Old 04-02-2007, 11:49 PM #25
purplegrimace

purplegrimace is on a distinguished road
burn one this is great man, great addition
purplegrimace is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2007, 01:21 AM #26
BurnOne
No damn given.

BurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant futureBurnOne has a brilliant future
SensimillaWolf-
The Liquid Karma is skippable. You could substitute it with worm casting tea and molasses, or just plain water. Leaving chlorinated water out in an open container like a five gallon bucket for a day or two will work fine.
You don't have to use bone meal in your soil. But, you will have to use a phosphorous nute during flowering. Jamaican bat guano is good. I'm not familiar with the Bio-Biz line but if it's organic and has a big second N-P-K number it should be fine.
If your Bio-Biz is molasses and kelp, you could use that instead of greensand.
The great thing about using blood/bone/kelp is the plant takes what it needs. You can use that recipe for all types of strains. Just add water.
Burn1
It's 4:20 somewhere. Time to Burn1.

Bullshit! There's no need to flush organics. -Bongaloid

pH meter? We don't need no stinking pH meter!

Last edited by BurnOne; 04-03-2007 at 01:22 AM..
BurnOne is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:40 AM #27
Dignan
The Soapmaker!

Dignan is just really niceDignan is just really niceDignan is just really niceDignan is just really niceDignan is just really niceDignan is just really niceDignan is just really niceDignan is just really nice
Oops, sorry. Wrong thread.

Last edited by Dignan; 04-03-2007 at 01:56 AM..
Dignan is offline Quote

Old 04-04-2007, 07:08 PM #28
Suby
**AWD** Aficianado

Suby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really niceSuby is just really nice
A note on Jersey Greensand,

Although it does contain K it is not an ideal source for MJ because it takes so long to release, it is used in farming as more of a soil conditioner to loosen the consistenty of the growing medium among other things.

If your planning on recycling your soil then it is a worthy addition but short of recycling spend your money on kelp meal instead, it is a superior K source for MJ plus it has growth hormones and micros galore.

Sub's
Suby is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:46 PM #29
SensimillaWolf
Eternal Master of Hiten Mitsurugi-Ryu Botany

SensimillaWolf is on a distinguished road
thanks for the help everyone, all my questions were answered well... I've got all my stuff now, I'll update ya when I get my new mommy going (which lady has yet to be determined) and finish up this round of NL. I feel like I know the basics, but haven't had a full grow where I was able to put it all together properly.

see you guys around
SensimillaWolf is offline Quote

Old 04-27-2007, 07:05 AM #30
nomoreschwag
Organic Grower

nomoreschwag will become famous soon enough
Will something like a PUR filter remove the chlorine out of the water? Or is the open/bubbling bucket O water the cure?
nomoreschwag is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.