What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Well Shit

Im'One

I had no idea it was going to rain.
I checked the app on my phone and it said partly cloudy. I left the lawn mower, the tiller and my favorite plant in the yard.
What's the big deal? I have been feeding these plants well water since birth. The last time I left a plant out and it got a small shower it resulted in a calcium deficiency.
So now my Pineapple Thai plant in flower and just pollinated with pineapple Thai pollen was sitting outside the greenhouse and it came a monster storm that nearly drowned it. I woke up and was thinking and suddenly it occurred to me to check her and sure enough she was laying over. Water had stood in the pot and washed soil away and exposed roots.
I moved her to the screen porch.
What can I do now?
Should I transfer her to another pot and wash the roots or something?

Im'One

Put some soil back in the pot and leave her be.

It's just a good flush right? I got some bamboo around here I can put her upright with.
I won't be mowing or gardening today any way.
What a storm! Jeeeesuz

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Rain has shut me down today also. I was out there early this AM (for me anyways) on the machine ready to start digging and moving dirt, when the only shower on radar appeared overhead and soaked everything.

Guess I will find something else to do today.

I hope your plant makes it OK. Here's a bowl of Doc's OGK in support!

Sunshineinabag

I had no idea it was going to rain.
I checked the app on my phone and it said partly cloudy. I left the lawn mower, the tiller and my favorite plant in the yard.
What's the big deal? I have been feeding these plants well water since birth. The last time I left a plant out and it got a small shower it resulted in a calcium deficiency.
So now my Pineapple Thai plant in flower and just pollinated with pineapple Thai pollen was sitting outside the greenhouse and it came a monster storm that nearly drowned it. I woke up and was thinking and suddenly it occurred to me to check her and sure enough she was laying over. Water had stood in the pot and washed soil away and exposed roots.
I moved her to the screen porch.
What can I do now?
Should I transfer her to another pot and wash the roots or something?

Cvh is sound in his advice...let's see her in five days

Im'One

That's what I did. Put a dowel in the pot added some happy frog in top. Tied her to the dowl with pipe cleaners

Im'One

Three of the bottom fanleaves died the rest of her looks saggy from over watering.
I should note she is in third or fourth week of flower

Im'One

She is doing well. I always have trouble getting photos to load here. I have pollinated her several times. I'm not seeing seeds but they may be hidden.

buzzmobile

Veteran
How long ago did you pollinate? Usually the pistils turn towards tan/light brown after pollination after a few days. Calyx swelling is a sign that pollen is working.

Im'One

Like the old men in the nursing home were talking. First one said I can't pee, it's the damnedest thing it's so frustrating.
Second one said I can't poop not the time. It really sad how I feel when I can't take a dump for a week. Third one said not me, I piss every morning at 5 am and poop every morning at six am. The other two said that's good isn't it? He said no because I don't wake up until seven.