Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Mad’s Thin Mint cross “Velvet Mango” -Test grow

Thread Title Search
Mad’s Thin Mint cross “Velvet Mango” -Test grow Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2020, 05:38 PM #21
MadR1

MadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the rough
My ancient strains resurrected!

Ha. I found an old second set of my earlier crosses I had put in a strange place.

I have 16 more Velvet Mango beans!
BlueberryHeadbandDutchTreat X Animal Cookies

Also,

BlueberryHeadbandDutchTreat X Blue Dream

BlueberryHeadbandDutchTreat X Dutch Treat

BlueberryHeadbandDutchTreat X Durban (15w Sativa)

and 3 of the same X ???

Next round.
MadR1 is offline Quote

Old 08-22-2020, 11:05 PM #22
MadR1

MadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the roughMadR1 is a jewel in the rough

Denver Cookies s1- Struggling not quite as bad. I really think this is osmotic stress due to the water being to soft. CalMag deficient. Also I think maybe being in cups with coco may help them because of the ph buffering capabilities of that.

I am doing a test. Feeding these with RO water that’s already had the Replenish product added in the recommended dose. I don’t know if CalMag is ok for the fish but this is. So far the growth seems slow. I am fighting a war on these Thrips. Added a small amount of ISO to the NeamDB spray today.
MadR1 is offline Quote

Old 08-22-2020, 11:09 PM #23
MadR1

Brought this ladybug like insect in and put it on one of the plants. A couple hours later it’s still roaming around on the bottom of the leaves. Told you there is a Thrip buffet goin on in here!

I really should seek out a place to buy some ladybugs and a different Thrip spray.
MadR1 is offline Quote

Old 08-22-2020, 11:24 PM #24
MadR1

Velvet Mango F1
MadR1 is offline Quote

Old 08-22-2020, 11:30 PM #25
MadR1

Velvet Mango F1

Now there are only 8. I killed the runt that didn’t grow at all.

I added a second small Dixie cup with a small hole poked about an inch from the bottom and put a layer of pebbles from the Aquaponics grow bed in there. This is my idea for Hempy Bucket training wheels. So, for now, these each have a small res of their own.
MadR1 is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2020, 12:24 AM #26
MadR1

Another experiment. I just threw some uncracked beans straight into the Aquaponics grow bed in a container just where the pebbles start to get mostly wet.

Might just be able to do it this easy till 12/12, then put them in Hempy Buckets. Looks like they are up to something.

About my 2’ x 4’ 12/12 tent:

I’m attempting to make my 12/12 an every 3 weeks kind of perpetual thing with these small 3 week vegged, usually one branch only from seed kind of plants. This will maybe help flushing become something that doesn’t suddenly cut the fish off from the nitrate reducing plants. My 12/12 2’ x 4’ tray drains to a bucket. When that’s full I dump it back into the Aquaponics sump tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EE9C0CA9-7AEB-4E1B-9008-258B77C94D97.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	545359
MadR1 is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2020, 02:38 AM #27
MadR1

About Bloodworms and Aquatic Snails in my Aquaponics:

People often put a type of composting worms into the grow bed of their systems to further break down the heavy solids into something the micro flora can more easily feed to the plants? Wouldn’t bloodworms do the same thing?

Indoors the benefit, to me, of bloodworms is that they would more likely stay in the water if things went sour. I’d hate to have one of my roommates come down to the basement to do laundry to find the floor crawling with worms trying to escape through the crack at the bottom of my door. Yikes! Great roommates are hard to find.

My fish LOVE to eat bloodworms, frozen like I buy at the store, but especially alive.

I threw the hundred or more I sifted out of the sand filter today and dumped them into the main grow bed. That’s maybe where they can help the plants the most. I totally don’t mind mosquito looking things that don’t bite flying around my room. If anything I have made it as difficulty as possible for these critters to escape.

This is one of the benefits of having a modular sand filter inside your sump tank, the way I do. So it can easily be disconnected and brought outside to clean it with a hose. If you have a drain pipe on your sand filter and you blast it with a vacuum hose on reverse like a lot of folks, you might not notice your wasting a huge colony of beneficial critters.
—————————— ————————
Fish grown preliminary mini smoke report:

Early sample of lower flowers from a 100% Aquaponics flowered/seeded bud. PCT F2.
Yum yum yummy yum. It’s like a dry blueberry candy. Fish/Crayfish/bloodworm/aquatic snail grown blows away anything I’ve grown yet. Yup, better than coco with the store bought nutes.

The seeds look dark and healthy. xGA I’ll call this one Mad’s Bomb Berry.

I’m flushing that first round for another week. Can’t wait to vape those.
—————————— —————————— ——-

Aquatic Snails?
Wouldn’t those do the same thing? I’m
Talking about the small 2-5mm black variety. There was a bloom of those in the sand filter today as well. I scooped them up and threw to the Butterfly Koi. They sank and the fish raced around the bottom and gobbled them up.

They poop out the shells! The Crayfish is supposed to like these also. Maybe that’s why I never find them in that tank.

I washed the egg sacks off from the inside of the sand filter into the back yard.

I didn’t add these organisms on purpose. I put Duck Weed from a local pond in there to try to feed my fish, about a year ago. They came with the water. They both seem to die off a lot in the winter. Probably they like the warmer water.

You gotta take great care not to let these types of things escape into waterways as they are likely invasive. Don’t ever wash down the drain kind of thing.

Peace!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	836C61D5-5CD0-494A-9B2B-EA4178BA5925.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	545360

Last edited by MadR1; 08-23-2020 at 02:52 AM..
MadR1 is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2020, 05:33 PM #28
MadR1

VM:

One died. One looks close to death. 3 sorta big ones 3 smaller but ok. My guess is the big ones are the males.

This 2 headed VM mutant is 3rd time I’ve seen that oddity in my 10+ years growing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	E2F2F33F-E7E0-43D2-AD49-23B93BFA9115.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	546190 Click image for larger version

Name:	D7724FC1-5B39-484C-822F-B4430099E42A.jpg
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	546191
MadR1 is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2020, 05:37 PM #29
MadR1

Do-Si-Dos is out, dried up and died.

Only the slightest patch of green left on the Mochi. Not giving up but it looks grim.

I had purchased a 3rd clone that day I didn’t mention. PCG Cookies. Not anything cookies it’s like their own version of trying to create a similar cross. GDP X OG X DP.

Anyhow, fed it the same and it’s actually growing. Aquaponics is all shoot and moss for me in the early growing.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	21656E84-E663-4053-86C4-B25506148996.jpg
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	546192
MadR1 is offline Quote

Old 09-02-2020, 05:39 PM #30
MadR1

Denver Cookies is looking alright. This is maybe the best looking one.

One of the CFC ones died. 2 left look ok.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D3BE7FA6-FBE0-46DB-A9D1-E4037D52EC2E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	546193
MadR1 is offline Quote