What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica in troubles

chusss

Hi guys, well i have a little zamaldelica growing right now from strain, it is almost 1 month old, imo is smaller than i expected for this time, but the question is that the last leaves are curling along and upwards, 2 weeks ago i installed a fan that was a little bit too powered for this young lady, and then the leaves slighly started to curl and get dry, so i take off the fan 1 week ago and now the new leaves has the same curly and dried look, i dont know whats happening here

-the medium to grow is soil, top crop all mix
-ph:6.5
-ec: 0 im watering with bottle water about 2 times at week, when i notice the pot is light and the soil surface is dry
-im gaving it a cycle of 20/4 sometimes with sunlight and when is night under bulb

any advise on this?

Attachments

• 190620113018.jpg
    190620113018.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 190620113015.jpg
    190620113015.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 190620113023.jpg
    190620113023.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 45

Bmac1

Veteran
You need more humidity. I often see this with fresh seedlings or newly rooted cuttings when I move them out of the humidity dome. Your fan likely just exasperated the issue.

chusss

Ok thanks, this is the very first time that happen to me

Foliar watering would help then, a couple times at day is enough?

Bmac1

Veteran
Foliar watering may work as a bandaid until they are bigger but you should try to get your environmental humidity up a bit. Mine usually grow out of this after a week or two and carry on. They tend to increase the humidity as they grow.

chusss

Anyone else experienced with this genetic have noticed an abnormal slooooow growing?

Mine is too small, is frustrating

40degsouth

Hi Chuss,
Did you get the seeds from Ace??? If you did head over to the Ace “Zameldica” Thread and ask all your questions. You can correspond straight with Dubi, one of Ace’s head breeders and he loves helping people out.
Cheers,

chusss

I get the seeds from a cannabis website, not from ace web cause there wasnt stock of zamaldelica, but the seed came properly sealed, aceseeds package and with the date of packaging

Maybe is the soil, but until today i never have had any problem with it, indeed this is a slightly pre-feeded soil accord to the description

One month old and the height is like my hand, i guess that this is the bad one out of a thousand seed

LostTribe

Premium user
The soil is too hot for the plant. Its burnt. Don't flower it until it recovers and starts growing healthy leaves also make sure to let the soil dry out before watering. In soil I water 3 times a week.

I have grown Zam 3 separate times and she hates nutes. Sativa's overall don't need to be fed nutes often. Next time mix your soil with half peat moss like pro mix. make sure you have a bit of perlite in there if its taking more than 48 hours to dry out.

Get a cheap temp and humidity monitor at the hardware store/walmart and report back.

chusss

Hey thanks! im gonna mix the same soil with coconut fiber at 50% or so and make a pot transplant, lets see what happen in a few days

chusss

Some water flushing to the "old" soil before do the trasplant to wash away the nutes could help?

chusss

Well, i have watered flushing the soil, and the last EC measure of drained water is 0,4, but the first one was about ec 2, what really surprised me cause i have always watered her only with bottle water with ec 0.05 and havent feeded her except by one only time with 1ml/l of bio grow

Should i leave it with a minor ec like 0,3-0,2?

Thanks everybody for help me

LostTribe

Premium user
I wouldn't add coco it can cause issues with Calcium. I'd add peat and a bit of perlite to keep it airy.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
There are two methods for starting seeds and growing seedlings. The way I found to be the best, is high EC or ppm. I planted my seeds in a mix that has a very high ppm or EC. A seed adapts to the nutrient intake, if the seed is started in the mix. It has to be started in the mix! I always used a hot mix like, "Roots Organic" to start seeds in, and the starting ppm is 3900+. The trick with starting in a high EC is to not over water and never allow the soil to get or stay wet. The type of water used matters too! The plant will take what it needs and leave the rest. Your plant above is showing symptoms of brief periods of soggy roots. .