What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Giant gaping wound from topping

303Medical

A haze plant had issues with stretching in June, so I chopped the top 2 ft of the plant off, and integrated a wire mesh for scrog. Long story short, I put the veg plants outside too soon and the plants are in a state of outdoor re-veg horror.

So the middle of the stem is completely hollow and there is a gaping chopped off neck looking main stem on top. I tied a fan leaf around it like a bandage to cover it from sun but it is bothering me.

What do I do with the open chopped off top? Can I just leave it?

Thanks, 303

sshz

420giveaway
It will seal itself eventually but what you did is not a bad temporary measure....... give it a few days and then remove it. The plant will recover if healthy........

shaggyballs

Veteran
A haze plant had issues with stretching in June, so I chopped the top 2 ft of the plant off, and integrated a wire mesh for scrog. Long story short, I put the veg plants outside too soon and the plants are in a state of outdoor re-veg horror.

So the middle of the stem is completely hollow and there is a gaping chopped off neck looking main stem on top. I tied a fan leaf around it like a bandage to cover it from sun but it is bothering me.

What do I do with the open chopped off top? Can I just leave it?

Thanks, 303

Try more Calcium next time.

If it big enough bugs could get in but probably not, I would just leave it alone, everything will be fine, not to worry.
If you want to cover it, that is cool too.......

St. Phatty

Human mucus might work.

Now there's an experiment that is screaming "Obamacare Grant" -

can we pick our nose and use that to mend a Cannabis stem ?

what about Vaginal mucus ?

Latest posts

Latest posts