What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gold bugs!

gladysvjubb

Veteran
This what I know, while your puppy was crapping. The Dracos have left our solar system under duress. They hated the HUMAN RACE. Do you blame them?
They have been removing GOLD from our planet because they need it for something to do with their atmosphere. This has been going on for a real long time.
Why do you think GOLD was valuable in Ancient Times?
Now, let's examine what just happened. The world fell apart in March. Gold should have SKYROCKETED!!!! Did it??? NO!!! There is NO DEMAND from the Dracos. The DEMAND has dried up. The sophisticated money knows all about this. Some very well established advisors have NO FUCKING IDEA and are touting GOLD in every form. It ain't happening.
Ancient investments bring returns for sure but I think GOLD is going to remain in this price range or slowly sink over the years. But all this is just my opinion. And YOU know more than I do.

ONWARD with crypto..............

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that's why i do my off-planet investing with mutual of omicron persei 8..."we will destroy your puny portfolio!"

St. Phatty

.... looks like another one's gone over the edge, and that's just today!:bigeye:

but it's an example of how Gold metal can be useful.

though I think a EMP type event that disables everybody's electronic finance stuff will help edumacate them.

the West just experienced the un-wisdom of having all your stuff made by one country, but is just as FRAGILE on the electronic-financial front.

They have a LOT of confidence in those 1's and 0's.

You know the watermarks on the bills that people double-check as if that proves it's not a counterfeit ?

Paper watermarks is about a 400 year old technology, and is also a form of Art.

So any counterfeiter who can figure out raised ink printing, well they just need an experienced art student to make some Jackson or Benjamin watermarks.

Breaking Bad gave me so many ideas. :party:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It's funny what people will accept for money these days. Consider "tally sticks", which lasted a very long time.

Amynamous

Me thinks that if the shit really hit the fan, i would have a much easier time buying stuff with dried flowers than with gold bars. How does one make change on a 100 oz gold bar? I saw a post(elsewhere) where someone tried to pay for a gallon of milk with an old silver quarter(worth about $4.00). It didn’t work out well for him.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
How do you make change on a 1 oz gold coin? Better get some silver also.

But yeah, dope will get you through times of no gold, better than...

gladysvjubb

Veteran
How do you make change on a 1 oz gold coin? Better get some silver also.

But yeah, dope will get you through times of no gold, better than...

This is true.
I have my Grandson invested in $5 U.S. American Eagles certified MS-70 by PCGS.
He also owns MS-70 PCGS Silver Eagles. NICE!!!!! I know people who are always in need of MEDS.

Green Squall

Me thinks that if the shit really hit the fan, i would have a much easier time buying stuff with dried flowers than with gold bars. How does one make change on a 100 oz gold bar? I saw a post(elsewhere) where someone tried to pay for a gallon of milk with an old silver quarter(worth about $4.00). It didn’t work out well for him.

Very few people have 100 oz gold bars. The average person who stacks sticks with 1oz coins/bars or even fractionals (and silver.) If shit hit the fan, I guess I would wonder how severe? Will things be getting back to normal? If not, nothing is going to save us.

If I were the cashier I'd accept the silver quarter, keep it and replace it with a regular one from my pocket to put in the register. But that's just coming from someone who regularly checks the coin star return slot for silver as well lol. Its heavier, so silver is automatically rejected.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Very few people have 100 oz gold bars. The average person who stacks sticks with 1oz coins/bars or even fractionals (and silver.) If shit hit the fan, I guess I would wonder how severe? Will things be getting back to normal? If not, nothing is going to save us.

If I were the cashier I'd accept the silver quarter, keep it and replace it with a regular one from my pocket to put in the register. But that's just coming from someone who regularly checks the coin star return slot for silver as well lol. Its heavier, so silver is automatically rejected.

Thank you Sir!!!

HalfArsedFarmer

It's about the physical as well as the cost.

The ponzi scheme that is currently running is getting found a out a lot faster than it ever has.

We're looking at crashes nearly every ten years or so now.....

Gold is getting harder to find and more costly to mine. When something is scarce & desired......
Personally I buy more silver & Plat than I do gold.

Latest posts

Latest posts