What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV's some of this and that!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hello, I've been wanting to start my own indoor thread and keep it going grow after grow!!! For those that don't know me I've been around along time and treat folks with respect. And mainly just wanna test some different Leds and some other items I'm testing. But I want a place to put my pics and stuff. I wanna make it a fun thread, and I'm currently putting about 15 clones into flowering that's in 5gal buckets of a Promix/Happy Frog 4:2 ratio with 20%ish perlite. I wish I had more but couldn't get to the store and decide to go with it. Also add my 1tbs of dolomite per gal. I'll use Ocean Forest a lot also. And I've got a Dream Berry from seed in a 6gal container of Stonington coast of Maine soil. So that'll be cool. I've got some great Updayday Leds, Canna-lights, Ibozily, Mars Hydro and several other brands, Also still got 2 1000w ups that I may use one for flowering. I was always a MH/HPS guy until I won a Mars Hydro SP 250 and it was great. Really made me see the easy basically. But I like my HPS and they'll get used in this thread. I'm just kinda getting my basement back in order. It's 10x40 or so half basement. It's only about 6ft tall but I've not had any problems. Just keep them topped or whatever. In the current grow I'm doing I've got 8 San Fernando Lemon kush clones from an insane pheno. And I'll run about 7 of the Lemon Tart from Cali Connection. I might run out the Lemon Tart mother I've not tried the strain yet. So it's a fingers crossed it's a good Pheno. There very Indica looking compared to the skinning Sativa looking leaves. I'm not sure how many times more I'll run these strains. I've got about 10 ECSD clones and a few other goodies for the next grow. But the pics are my plants in 5gal buckets and mom's in the corners huge. I need to trim them down and thin them out I know. So probably in the next 2 days I'll move these plants to the flowering room right beside on were they are. I need to get some fern strips and Panda film to make it look better. But you guys wouldn't believe the work I've put into cleaning this basement to have the showroom I've got now. Also some of you guys know I was dealing with mold indoor and outdoor far as that goes. But I played away a 70pint GE dehumidifier and picked it up recently!!!!! I've not even opened the box yet. It's kinda cold in my basement I've got a small heater. I use Ink-Bird products for thermostats. I use one for my aerocloner that kicks on when it's at a certain temp. Long story short we had to do some work upstairs and I couldn't use the basement because I was reflooring the living area and I started some plant in my side garage that's got outta hold lol. I'm moving this stuff in my side room to my Vegg room and have the flowering rooming be cleaned out and have 15-25 nice plants ready to flower. I know its complicated but when i get to the basement with all my plants it'll be better. I usually do my cloning inside because it stays cool in the basement. I'm looking forward to running a lot of different strains. I'll get more into what I've got going to Veg. I'm sorry to Ramble guys. But I want my own indoor thread to run continuously!!! I've not used Leds much but were gonna see how a few different brands worked. A lot of the cloners were under the 1000w Updayday and look great. I grew some nice buds with the SP 250. Here's some pics of my clones vegging and there's a few mom's around there,....for now lol.

I almost forgot but a buddy of mine gave me some headbanger from 2015 and I popped 5 and all 5 popped. Also got more of the biker x sherb and Tha Melon. I had a nice Tha Melon male and hit along of strains I had outdoors around the bottom. I did hit the Melon female also....only popped 2 seeds got a female and the male was nice and I dusted a things. But that's about as far of breeding as I go. I might work with Tha Melon from Karma.

Another thing I'm not somebody who only runs one breeders strains. I usually like variety, so hopefully we can keep a good lineup of plants or clones.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm mostly a soil and soiless mix grower. I'm going go over the plants with that Crop control or whatever it's called, it's a bit pricey but the only way to get the spider mites and other things under control. I'll probably get the flowering room/section started tomorrow. I'm thinking of flowering out a larger mother plant or, I'm not really sure much #,

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Thanks I'm hanging up some lights and getting some plastic put up lol. I've really went to great lengths to get this entire grow area cleaned up and growing in it. I'll just have the 8 SLK and 7LT and the Dream Berry from seed. I'm thinking about transplanting that Lemon Tart mom because I've not ran it yet. But the San Fernando Lemon kush mom I found is nice. I've got about 8-9 in 5gal buckets of Promix and Happy Frog.. I'll get some pics of my side attachment in the garage I gotta get to the basement. I've got all my Karma stuff, a few Serious Seeds Strawberry AK, Seedsman Gelota OG, Dos from Sweat Seeds. I've got a few Key Lime. A whole tray of ECSD that could probably go to 5gal buckets now if I wanted.....what I'm trying to say is I'm running behind with everything. Got a few good Chem 91 S1s and SFVxFire OG crosses my buddy gifted. I've got several mother plants but I'm kinda in limbo on what to keep. My buddy give me the ECSD, OGKB 2.0 and a strain called Sour Valley he named it. It's from a SFVBX3 x ECSD I think. So I've definitely got a lot to get to the basement and grew. These Key Lime x Dos from Philosopher seeds are good as are the Purple Punch x Dos. Very nice looking bag appeal and good looking weed. I've got the 3 mothers I just spoke about that I'll keep forever. But I found I really nice Chocolate Nightmare from Exotic Gentix that smells and is growing like no plant I've ever seen. So I'm gonna run some Chocolate Nightmare with the ECSD and some plants from seeds as soon as the flowering room gets the first grow finish, I've already kinda,got another ready to go soon. Something I forgot to mention last nite is safety and security. I use Terra Bloom carbon filters . I used a 8in last year that work amazing how. So I got a 6in carbon filter and plan to run that extra air out when needed. I gotta be carefully and not leave the inline fan on to suck out my heat.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Just been trying to seal the light leaks up between the Flower and Veg area. And probably take most Leds for Vegging. I've got several great lights from Updayday, a couple of 1000s, and 1800s. I'LL post some links there really nice. And I've got several others companies Leds I'll mention as we go.

I got everything sprayed good with that Trifecta Crop Control. I really don't like to spray much after about 2wks into flowering, so maybe I'll hit them again. I've got everything ready to flip to flowering. Just a little more work getting the light leaks blocked. I've been keeping a little heater going on one of those ink-bird thermostat things. And keeping the plants not sitting directly on the concerete. It can get cold and slow growth that's why I always sit my plants on some kinda create. But the plan is to flip to flowering side and bring my plants from my side garage to the Veg room I've got in those pics.

Mainly I use the Fox Farm trio and some amendments such as silica blast, calmag, to name a few. I also like Maxicrop liquid seaweed, I use a lot in seedlings and Veg stage. But I'll quit rambling and get the flowering room light up and light leaks blocked and were in business. These are older healthy clones, which should yield tremendous on the SLK, this is the first time with Cali Connection Lemon Tart ....plus I transplanted the mother plant. I'd let it let to big and have a smaller one if I decide to keep her. There's so many good strains it's hard to settle on 3-5 mother plants maybe fit 6. But I'll still be doing a lot of seed grows on this thread and will make sure everybody knows what's what. I'll get some pics once I get them moved over to the flowering room, and get a sec!!!!

I'll try to grow some different strains every time so it keeps the anticipation up!!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's about 16 I think in 5gal buckets and one growbag. Here's some early pics of the flowering room I'm gotta get things setup better. But glad yesterday I got the 12hr cycle started!!! Still putting Leds up, I'm probably not gonna use my HPS 1000 ballasts...if I did it would just be done.

I just put lights everywere, I'm not sure if I'll leave them were they are. Plus I've got a few more lights to put up. Those SLKs are gonna be monsters, the Lemon Tart has big stalks also.

I'll try to get my stuff in the side garage in the Veg area.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Wish I couldve had some Panda film and fern strips to section off my areas. Also wanted to get the basement painted, but I don't really grow for profit, maybe a little to cover supplies. But hopefully the Lemon Tart will do good. I know that SLK is good. I've ran several of the SLK seeds and found nothing really close in potency as this one I luckily found!!! So about 70 daysish.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's my Veg stuff just gotta get it moved also. I've got about 12 ECSD healthy clones and some other surprises I've got growing!!! Got some Tahoe OG I'm gonna hopefully get a few nice clones from. There's a few Strawberry AK, Gelato OG, and maybe a Dubble Sundea, or Key Lime.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The 3rd pic is my ECSD that got huge on me, but look at the small bucket my SLK in the 4th pic is.....both mother plants. :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I had a Dream Berry from female seeds I wanted to put in this grow. I'm not sure it's gonna get big enough. I might if it's looking better in the next week or two. It might get pushed back to the next grow. I should always have plants ready for flowering after the current grows finish. After I finish my grows, I always bleach and clean everything and going get started right back!!!! I'm doing a lot of things to try to have everything the best I can.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I brought down my ibozily 800w I thinks the watts. It's done a damn good job in Veg. I've used this one for a few mths. I'm a little nervous without HPS, I've got roughly 10 lights in the flowering rooming. Some more budget and others that are Top of the line. And I'm a honest guy, that first grow with Mars Hydro produced some rock hard nugs and great weed. Down here is San Fernando Lemon kush and Lemon Tart clones. Still gotta get my little heater for when it gets to cold it'll kick on by the ink bird thermostat. For some reason my larger digital heater won't work but on high. I'm sure they'll be some cold days during this grow and nights. But I'll work on getting that tomorrow. And eventually gotta bring the dehumidifier down, hopefully I can get some meat on the bones. If the humidity is to high that's what'll happen and you'll probably have to harvest a few wks early. I've still gotta get my carbon filter put on, and get all the lights leaks fixed, which I've got. But there's a area that I think needs covered in black plastic. For anybody wondering why I've got plastic everywhere instead of Panda Film, it's because I've put a lot into lighting and soil, nutes, shit gets expensive especially when you run a lot of plants. I had to order some Tiger Bloom yesterday. That's my go to for flowering. Also like the Open Seasame ,and Beastie Bloomz, I've not tried the Cha Ching yet!!! Also put a lot into this last outdoor season. It's expensive watering 30 some plants in a drought. Sorry to ramble, A good grower makes due with whatever.

I was gonna ramble about the plants I've got in Veg in the side garage still. I've got 5 Headbanger from Karma, and got a few Biker x Sherb and The Melon going. Plus those 2 Strawberry Aks from Serious seeds. I accidentally fucked one of those up. Kinda having flashbacks to Serious 6 this summer. I accidentally broke one of those . And I've got a nice Geloto OG, Sweat Seeds Dos sweet do or whatever it's called. I'd like to find a few clones of those, the Strawberry Aks, Gelato OG, and the Dos. So there's a lot of great stuff to go with at least 10-12 ECSD clones next time. I might experiment around some next grow use 3gal and seeing how much difference. Or probably keep about 12 plants flowering most of the time lol so it's not to many. But I'm also gonna have to figure out how to get my Leds up higher. Those Leds that got the 4 hooks and the bigger hook to hang them

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea gotta get that SLK in a bigger bucket if I'm gonna keep her as a mother plant. I'll probably prune her kinda heavy and give her a little B1 to help green her back up. Probably flower her out and possibly move on. But ill probably keep a smaller one, If I can keep it small. This strain and the ECSD grow like crazy....the mother plants.

HAPPY NEW YEARs to everyone!!!!

please be safe if your out tonight

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Waiting on some Tiger Bloom thought I had some, I'm not gonna use Open Seasame this time. It's gonna take me a minute to afford to get to extra stuff I like. But if I got Fox Farms trio and some liquid seaweed for early on and some silica blast and calmag I can make do. But I'd like to at least use the Open Seasame, and Beastie Blooms. It takes a lot of soil to have this many 5gal buckets. I mix I used a bale of Promix, 2 bags of Happy Frog, 1 Ocean Forest. And I'll doing a few plants with the Stonington soil. It seems a little heavier, I hope I got enough perlite in it. That's something else I need a 4cu ft bag of perlite, but I have to order this stuff from Amazon. I've had to get stuff sent to my other address so the neighbors don't think something. I did water twice with Mother Plant A + B fertilizer. But I'll be happy to get the Tiger Bloom. I just have alot easier time Ph'ing Fox Farm nutes. I use alot less Ph up and down. Sorry to Ramble on but I got my Big 8in Terra Bloom carbon filter hooked up 2-3 days ago. Those things are great to prevent odor. I've got a 6in I think in the next day or so I'm gonna install. Just use it if and when needed. Just gotta check for light leaks and see if anymore needed taped up lol. I did hook up the small heater and have it set to come on around 65 f. I've got several model ink-bird thermostats that's keeping it pretty warm. I'll probably pick up another 30$ heater to keep the veg and mothers. Or when it gets to cold I might get 1 of my 1000w ups out. I was wanting to try to do all Leds this grow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn checking for light leaks and noticed one of my Leds isn't going completely off, I pray were it's early in flowering this isn't gonna cause any problems. It was really only kinda putting a little light on one or 2 plants. It was so faint of light I barely noticed it. I'm gonna have to get up the next week and make sure everything is going off proper. As soon as the lights come on I've gotta get in the growroom and get everything fixed up better. Gonna have my fingers crossed this entire grow. I've starting to debate getting my 2 1000w hps old mags out. I wish the damn thing went completely out. It will work if it's not on a timer. I've tried several timers I've got and it's the same shit. I'm kinda disgusted right now guys ...Ill get this shit sorted out, just gonna have to watch for a hermi or a few sacs open. I've pulled off a few sacs before and the plant turned out good about 10yrs ago lol. I think they'll be ok hopefully :shucks:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Got my Tiger Bloom!!!!! TG. I just am used to Fox Farm stuff and know about were the ph is and how to easily adjust. I don't like nutes the gotta use a ton of PH up or down. But I got everything sealed up good, no light leaks from anything. Also some calmag and florlicious . I'm running my ph in the 6.3-down to 5.9 on some plants.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hello! Well, how to search for herms? good genetics should not be so easy to germinate.

Yea I had a Led die and not completely go off, it had a very dim glow. I'd just put my plants into flowering I think the 27th and I was down in the grow after the lights were out checking for light leaks and noticed it at day 6 of flowering. I'm just a little worried about that. I've grow this SLK and it's pretty good. The Lemon Tarts is a first time. But I've always had good plants from CC.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Another feeding this afternoon, I got a little Fox Farm Grow in with the Tiger Bloom. I've been careful not to overwater. But there so big now, I'm gonna probably start giving them a whole gal of water at a time. I can tell by lifting the bucket if it needs watered. That's something you younger guys will get used to after some time. But I gotta raise my lights and I'll get some pics posted!!!!

I'm also gonna mess around wth my aerocloner and rapid rooted, roit rooters also and some different powders and gels. I'm not the best at cloning even at my age. I grew seeds for many yrs and just worked a lot and didn't clone much.

I'll get some pics when I go back to the growroom. Everything is growing good, I pruned them the last few days. And will continue to as needed

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'll update the brand and everything with the Led not turning completely off with a timer. I'm speaking with there customer service. It's none of the brands I've mentioned. I wanna be honest with you guys about my grows and epuipment. That's why I'm keeping this thread for all my indoor stuff.