What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The PHRESH Filter Club

forty

can filters suck... pellet shaped bits of carbon look like deer turds..
phresh also suck cause they use a lot less carbon in their filters which makes for better flow but shorter life. phresh used to be called fat filters which used more carbon in their filters.... not any more... phresh filters use less carbon and last one year tops. they want to sell more filters so why make em last 2-3 yrs? the best carbon filter on the market now is mountain air which uses a proper amount of the good australian carbon similar to the old fat filters.

R

RedRain

in life you get what you pay for

why cheap out on odor protection, because you are masking/deleting odour to avoid being caught or detected. go for the best, dont settle for less

i have been a can guy myself, but I am going to check out mountian air. my bubba kush easily over powers my can filter.

forty

Edit: Just looked up the msrp, Mountain Air's counter part comes in at $260. Wow. Is it really worth twice as much? I mean, can was working fine for me. Only reason I switched was because it was cheaper, and its working great.

they all work great in the beginning.

spearzy

ive had a mountain air filter for around 3 years and only use it in flowering,ive got to admit it still works a treat even after 3 years theres not a peep of smell when i use it,deffo worth that bit extra as it will pay for itself probbably a few times over in the savings from not having to replace it.spearzy.

louie

I'm also interested in these Phresh filters. I am just about to buy a new filter because I am updating my room. I have been rocking a mountain air for q while now. I have a 12"x20" mountain air with a vortec 8" fan on the top. It says it is rated for to clean 3600 watts of light (thats about what I am using) and you should use a fan with between 520-660 cfm on it. The vortec I am using is 747 cfm. My filter never really worked awesome so after a while I decided to replace the carbon inside (bought through mountain air). 25 pounds of carbon was like $225.00. Once I did that it still didn't work that good. I am currently running AK47 and the HOG. I don't know if the filter isn't big enough, the fan is too big for the filter, or if the strains I have are too skinky, but at the end of the day my mountain air isn't very effective?

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I swear by my ECOplus Pro filter 6"x28" (70s) with 42lbs of carbon. That thing has been in heavy rotation in a 10x13 room since last October and still going strong. If you look around, you can find them for around 160.

I'm about to pick up another :ying:

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
i switched to phresh and have no regrets i would like to join the phesh club i run some stanky shit to but smell nuthin even with the doors open when she runnin goin on 1 year and goin strong.

B

blueberry dank

can filters suck... pellet shaped bits of carbon look like deer turds..
phresh also suck cause they use a lot less carbon in their filters which makes for better flow but shorter life. phresh used to be called fat filters which used more carbon in their filters.... not any more... phresh filters use less carbon and last one year tops. they want to sell more filters so why make em last 2-3 yrs? the best carbon filter on the market now is mountain air which uses a proper amount of the good australian carbon similar to the old fat filters.

What if I can still buy the PHAT filters online?...theyr specifically marketed as Phat filters and not Phresh..should I?...are there any negative aspects with the Phat filters?

ddrew

Veteran
I love Presh filters, but no way they are going to last two years.
I start to smell carbon at about the 5-6 month point, which means it's only a short time(1-2 months) till it starts leaking bud smell.

So I replace mine every 6 months now

I switched to phresh from ECOplus, I feel the phresh is a little better.

GanjaPharma

i am a year into my phresh filter ...have a few skunk strains that really work it hard. the previous (can) filter was kaput after 6 months, even at twice the weight. so far no detectable odor at the out side exhaust. i dont see how it will go 2 years but 180 bucks for over a year of perfect smell filtration is a bargain.
also, i turn off my filter when smoking in the grow now, i am sure that was part of the issues i had with the can filter....so not a fair comparison.

S

shitabyss

As long as my phat filter lasts for 6 months with ZERO odor, It'll be a good investment for me.

$250 after tax/shipping for a Vortex 6" 450cfm / Phat Filter 6" 450cfm combo, deals!!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yep i run 4 of the 12X39" Phresh filters with a 12" Vortex on each,I love them, they are light and work great. Mine are 1 year old now and still work very well, no bad odors coming out my exhaust yet. I should wash the prefilters though, they are getting kinda brown.