Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > To spit, or to swallow? That is the question

Thread Title Search
To spit, or to swallow? That is the question Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2020, 07:24 AM #1
Medicine, Man

Medicine, Man has a spectacular aura aboutMedicine, Man has a spectacular aura aboutMedicine, Man has a spectacular aura aboutMedicine, Man has a spectacular aura aboutMedicine, Man has a spectacular aura about
To spit, or to swallow? That is the question

I post this question here because I'm deferring to those with more medical knowledge than me... Which isn't hard. Now, I don't need to see your medical degree, I just hope you're somewhat medically knowledgeable.

What I'm wondering is whether it's healthier to spit or swallow the phlegm I cough up after smoking. Are these thick salty loogies something my body is naturally rejecting for good reason, or am I spitting out the resin I just smoked, or the beneficial mucus I've heard our systems are lined with?

Instinctively, I spit when I cough, because I feel like if I swallow, I'll just cough it up again.

What do you med students think?
Medicine, Man is online now Quote

Old 08-01-2020, 09:34 AM #2
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to beholdpumpkinpie eyes is a splendid one to behold
when mucus risez from the lungz into the throat, the body is likely trying to remove it. Spitting it out is healthier than swallowing it. unless you have tb.
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:49 PM #3
St. Phatty

St. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivorSt. Phatty is a survivor
about 40 years ago a comedian did his best Reagan impersonation at an SF nightclub, then started taking questions from the audience.

my brother yelled out, "does Nancy swallow ?"

the comedian went off on a tangent about the swallows (i.e. birds) of San Juan Capistrano.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW1lY5jFNcQ

The "Debate".
St. Phatty is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:52 PM #4
star crash
We Will Get By ... We Will Survive

star crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivor
I would think you would want to get rid of it ...your body just spent all that work trying to get it out ..
so spit it out ...

Old 08-01-2020, 03:44 PM #5
Weird

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
always evacuate mucus out of the body if you can

galatians 6:7

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Nobody every told me I found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2020, 03:46 PM #6
Babbabud
Bodhisattva of the Earth

Babbabud has disabled reputation
Just from the point of grossness who would want to swallow it ?

Nam myoho renge kyo !! Mugi wasshin
your bud
babba

Peace/ Be here now

Babba's Farm L.L.C.

The political views, or conspiracy theories, of icmag ownership, do not reflect my own views and are sole property of the participants
Babbabud is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2020, 04:02 PM #7
Koondense

Koondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivorKoondense is a survivor
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Most of the mucus gets swallowed actually, it's a way to recover the liquids of the body. However the "after smoke" mucus should be expelled via sputum. Possibly with elegance

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

Old 08-01-2020, 04:36 PM #8
Bud Green
I dig dirt

Bud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivorBud Green is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koondense View Post
Most of the mucus gets swallowed actually, it's a way to recover the liquids of the body. However the "after smoke" mucus should be expelled via sputum. Possibly with elegance

Cheers
When you say "...with elegance.",
do you mean like the way I've practiced for over 50 years to spit a fat loogey at a chain-link fence, hoping to hit one of the wires and watch it spin around?

And if I'm lucky, watch it spin with such force that it stretches and catches another wire, and spins around that one...

PS.. by the way, in answer to the OP's question; spit it out one way or another...
it won't kill you to swallow it, but why put it back through your body for another cycle, this time through the digestive system?
It's not gonna get you higher by swallowing it...

Isn't Mother Nature grand !
Bud Green is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:41 PM #9
star crash
We Will Get By ... We Will Survive

star crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivorstar crash is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post
When you say "...with elegance.",
do you mean like he way I've practiced for over 50 years to spit a fat loogey at a chain-link fence, hoping to hit one of the wires and watch it spin around?

And if I'm lucky, watch it spin with such force that it stretches and catches another wire, and spins around that one...

PS.. by the way, in answer to the OP's question; spit it out one way or another...
it won't kill you to swallow it, but why put it back through your body for another cycle, this time through the digestive system?
It's not gonna get you higher by swallowing it...
Actually Bud there are certain substances (Like ketamine for example ... >>> if it was a salt-based synthesis & extraction) which secretes themselves through the mucous membranes and you can actually get high off it again if you re-consume it...If you are in tune with your own body system and are inclined to do so...I don’t do it personally...but I have noticed that it can be done..

Old 08-01-2020, 05:52 PM #10
flylowgethigh
grassyhopper

flylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivorflylowgethigh is a survivor
I love the feeling of hacking up some sticky crap from my lungs. Of course it gets spit out, hopefully onto the sink so I can evaluate what my lungs have rejected. No pinkish color, or bright green - good sign. Chunks of blackish tars and oil from smoking dope for decades, also good. Dust, pollen, dander come out also.

Vaping off the terps has allowed my lungs to loosen and reject that kind of crap, so now the spit is sticky and clear. Lungs feel lighter, if that makes sense.

https://youtu.be/NUmIO_MG5IU?t=87
flylowgethigh is offline Quote