Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Can we discuss bubblegum?

Thread Title Search
Can we discuss bubblegum? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2016, 07:20 PM #1
ColoradoBarry

ColoradoBarry will become famous soon enoughColoradoBarry will become famous soon enough
Can we discuss bubblegum?

Not sure how many people here have had the real bubblegum that tastes, smells, and smokes exactly like a stick of pink bubblegum.

I had it about 10 years ago in Florida and it was honestly some of the best, if not THE BEST weed I have ever had.

I now live in the Denver area and when I see "bubblegum" on the menu, I always grab a gram just to find out and I am always severely disappointed.

Do any of you know the pheno of bubblegum I am talking about? I would like to buy a 10 pack of bubblegum seeds and breed them all together to make 1000's of seeds, then start the long process of hunting that pheno down. However, there are so many breeders who offer "bubblegum" seeds. Any idea which breeder may offer the easiest route to finding that amazing pheno?
ColoradoBarry is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:26 PM #2
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivorLester Beans is a survivor
That would be how I would go about it. I would by a few packs of Serious seeds bubblegum and open pollinate them all. Then search through the f2's.

I have had the bubblegum you describe. For me it is the only strain that gives me really colorful awesome dreams that I remember in great detail. One of my fav for sure!

BOG does bogbubble and its a good strain. I would go to the source though, Serious seeds. BOG got his BG lines from white label seeds and did as you describe. I think your best chance of finding that pink BG is Serious seeds.

Good luck on your search and let us know how you make out!

Best vibes!
Lester Beans is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:40 PM #3
moses wellfleet
Super Moderator

moses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivor
I think you are referring to the famous cut Indiana Bubblegum clone only. I got great results from a cross of that, Old time Indiana Bubblegum (Indiana Bubblegum x Old Time Moonshine). Taste and smell were exactly as you describe on some of them. I think there are other threads on this subject.

Edit: a search brings up an unbelievable number of threads about bubblegum.
moses wellfleet is online now Quote

Old 01-08-2016, 07:48 PM #4
TerpeneDream

TerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the roughTerpeneDream is a jewel in the rough
I have a friend who has a bubblegum in Co. I grew it..

It isn't indica though…It's more sativa and smells like skunk alongside the gum. Very pleasant, but would be better w/o the skunkiness

Maybe it's the Bubblegum clone knocked up by a Sk#1 male? Idk..
TerpeneDream is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:58 PM #5
ColoradoBarry

ColoradoBarry will become famous soon enoughColoradoBarry will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
That would be how I would go about it. I would by a few packs of Serious seeds bubblegum and open pollinate them all. Then search through the f2's.

I have had the bubblegum you describe. For me it is the only strain that gives me really colorful awesome dreams that I remember in great detail. One of my fav for sure!

BOG does bogbubble and its a good strain. I would go to the source though, Serious seeds. BOG got his BG lines from white label seeds and did as you describe. I think your best chance of finding that pink BG is Serious seeds.

Good luck on your search and let us know how you make out!

Best vibes!

I am moving in March, so i am not starting any new projects until then. But this bubblegum is going to be my first order of business and it's probably going to take up a lot of space, but will be well worth it if I can find that unicorn pheno.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:07 PM #6
hush
Señor Member

hush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond reputehush has a reputation beyond repute
I plan on doing the same thing soon, and I will be grabbing some packs from Serious to do my pheno hunting. Do yourself a favor and do an open pollination, get your thousands of seeds, and if you don't find what you're looking for in the F1s you will definitely find it in the F2s.

hush's hidey hole

hush is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2016, 08:24 PM #7
RoyalStone

RoyalStone will become famous soon enoughRoyalStone will become famous soon enough
I know exactly which one you're talking about. I had it in Florida 9-10 years ago. It had a pink hue on it from the hairs and amber heads. That was some awesome and very expensive bud lol. I would go with serious seeds and do some pheno hunting like Lester beans suggested
RoyalStone is offline Quote

Old 01-08-2016, 08:45 PM #8
ColoradoBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalStone View Post
I know exactly which one you're talking about. I had it in Florida 9-10 years ago. It had a pink hue on it from the hairs and amber heads. That was some awesome and very expensive bud lol. I would go with serious seeds and do some pheno hunting like Lester beans suggested
Yeah, the buds were actually pink lol

I had it in Southwest Florida and it was $400 an oz

Old 01-08-2016, 08:51 PM #9
amanda88

amanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really niceamanda88 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBarry View Post
Not sure how many people here have had the real bubblegum that tastes, smells, and smokes exactly like a stick of pink bubblegum.

I had it about 10 years ago in Florida and it was honestly some of the best, if not THE BEST weed I have ever had.

I now live in the Denver area and when I see "bubblegum" on the menu, I always grab a gram just to find out and I am always severely disappointed.

Do any of you know the pheno of bubblegum I am talking about? I would like to buy a 10 pack of bubblegum seeds and breed them all together to make 1000's of seeds, then start the long process of hunting that pheno down. However, there are so many breeders who offer "bubblegum" seeds. Any idea which breeder may offer the easiest route to finding that amazing pheno?
Some years back, I was of the same opinion, I hunted out 3 euro breeders, grew the seeds out, found all three strains to be very unstable, 2 hermed and the one that flourished was only 50% bubble gummy, tho it did impress my friends ..not me
I trashed the idea, and look back on this novel strain, as requiring far more work, and had to ask myself

'How exactly is this flavor important to me?'

I realized it wasn't and moved on, and I'm still of the same idea ..
...it needs work

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:39 PM #10
whiteberrieS
Banned

whiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant futurewhiteberrieS has a brilliant future
Myself I really like the fruitstripes but the flavor goes away too fast :(

Bog's got his Bog Bubble & Bogglegum, got a baby Bogglegum going right now. "Bazooka Joe" gets thrown around a lot in the BogBubble and Bogglegum searches
whiteberrieS is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.