What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ecsd...

G

guest121295

I've been wanting to start this thread for awhile but I've been turning in circles about it because I really don't know what to do.I picked up this cut last year from some reputable east coast people and I've had a few swings at her inside and out and I just can't seem to make it throw like I would like.The cut seems to have mites and thrips in its veins, out of any tray full of cuts you can guess which one is a magnet for trouble. However the weed is soo damn good that despite my difficulty so far, not having been able to complete a whole 8' X 8' area without some crazy troubles, I have become slightly obsessed with growing it out proper.I have a couple of cuts in a 3 gal bucket of rock and about 15 rooting.If I do it right I can grow the biggest ecsd ever with the 2 big ones and something else with the others....Anyway if anybody and I know you are out there, has any suggestions as to how they made this cut the best that it could be please feel free to let me know, all pictures and comments friendly and otherwise are welcome.....With any luck by March I will have the finest ecsd I could have possibly grown...Thanks in advance, Chaco.:thanks:

G

guest121295

The mom...
picture.php

CovertCrops

Chaco, looks damn tasty. I managed to secure a cut of this the other day. Currently they are rooting up in 1.5" rw cubes. Never grown her out before so I'm not sure what to expect but I figured jumpin in here might be worthwhile.

G

guest121295

Climb on board, hell I know I could use the company. The real problem is that if you ever give this weed to anybody you may lose a friend because if they come back and you have something else they think you are holding out on them.....:xmasnut:

H

heavy dank nugg

thats why the ecsd id head stash weed.

mind if i tag along chaco.........?

I got 4 cuts of this girl from chaco in sept.... I had some issues and was in the hospital for 5 days, came home to find all but 1 ecsd was wilted over and dead... And the one was looking pretty sad..... any way grew her up a bit, took cuts, got 3 to root., cut her again got some more..... Any way long story short I have one in flower right now. One in veg. and a few growing roots as we speak.....

heres the 1 in flower no topping or cropping.Ive never grown such fine genetics so i want to make sure i get her right....Ill be paying close attention in hopes i can pick up a few tricks on what she likes

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

now heres the mom im having trouble keeping her looking her best. so any ideas about what im doing wrong and how to fix would be very helpfull...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I want to get her right and im pretty sure its a p/h issue but im not sure...so b4 i go flushing and transplanting figured id see what you guys think.

heres some rooted clones ill run in soil. looking fine so far.

picture.php

picture.php

looks like chaco might be right about thrips in the veins ill fix them though just you watch.neem oil and hot shots no pest strips and they will pack up and ship out.:elf:

and heres one ill run dwc as soon as she gets a little bigger, nice healty roots on this one

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

so any ideaS on whats up with the mom?

G

guest121295

JW, always a pleasure.:santa1: Heavy, if that were me I'd throw some lime at it....I have this bucket and it's 8 gallons, I found it on the beach about 7 yrs ago and it can grow one big plant let me tell ya'.....Now if I pump it up and use it as the bottom in a double pot setup for an older cut in one of the blue small buckets I would have a gigantic super sized scrog thing happening.So the blue bucket has a big old cut growing and I stick it into the big black 8gal bucket, will I have the biggest plants I've seen indoors or a f-up?Anyway here's the buckets.....
picture.php

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't understand what the issues are Chaco...yer mom of her looks gorgeous, assuming she doesn't get thrips/mites, I cannot imagine her not giving you a boatload of herb (pun intended)...She only seems to react poorly to too quick of a PK punch in early flower and warm room temps...IMO she likes a constant dose of N in early flower, some CalMag and a cool room to perform to her fullest...Yer nugs look awesome as usual bro...
MP

Dam fine looking there Chaco, is this the same cut you got with a sample nug a while back? I remember you telling me the sample you got was some killer. Sux about the mites and all but ill be dammed that is some fire son.

CovertCrops

Heavy Dank nugg - I am still waiting for mine to root up, but I see a MG def on the mom your worried about. I have been dealing with a lot of MG issues as of late. Canna decided to remove MG from their aqua flores. I don't see any wrinkling of the leaves so I'm less likely to say it's a ph issue. What are you feeding her? what medium? Whats your water? tap or RO? if tap whats the ppm? what do you keep her under for light?

Sorry for the 20Q. They look good otherwise. I wish mine would hurry the hell up :)

Reactions: ost
Chaco, hey man good to see you running the ECSD, i've had her for about 2 1/2 years now and it is one of my top 3 strains ever.... Scent and taste that cant' be compared.... I'm sure you already know it is a stretchy ass strain, i use alot of LST to train my plants down and keep them jammed right up close to that light (w/ out burning of course....). As far as yields, i transplant to 3 gallon pots, veg for about 40 days (again w/ ALOT of LST), and then ussually around 75 days under 400w will give me between 35-50 grams.... I'm in FFOF, amended w/ some organic bloodmeal and seabird guano.... A few shots of TigerBloom during flower and she gets to stinkin....

H

heavy dank nugg

hey cc I feed her flora grow from g.h. in happy frog soil with a little happy frog jump start veg under a 400 watt hps,temps are ok.water here is ph 6.7-7. I use tap water between and with food...i mix a cazpfull of fn g in a gallon and feed......all my other veg plants are ok.
The fans are not really growing out they stay close to the stem and dont really get big like they should which is why i think p.h.but like i said im not sure , i just want to fix her

CovertCrops

HDN - I hear ya on just wantin to get her straightend out. With all the other plants being ok I would lean away from ph problems because that would have an effect on all the plants in some shape or form. I'm still gonna go with early MG def. Try boosting up the MG on her next feed.

Chaco - what nutes are you using? what kind of troubles are you running into?

L

Lune TNS

Heyo Chaco, glad to see that you're still rocking her to the fullest :joint: I wouldn't really complain about the quality of them nugs, looks like some fine fine herb.

MP pretty much said exactly what I was planning on saying as far as keeping her happy. Give her plenty of N as she always fades early if ya don't, and towards the end go hard with a pk booster as she will keep stacking calyxes right up until the day you chop her (I been using big bud lately, I like it much more than koolbloom). I don't think I've ever seen a pictures where you're plants looked really under or over fed though...

Lately I've taken to flipping smaller plants instead of big topped and trained ones, and I think that this may the trick with this girl since she is so viney and stretchy. A few monthes back a buddy ran a light of her, all in 1 gals of coco, and still managed to pull about 1.25 in the heat of summer. I didn't really see that coming as they weren't even a ft talled when flipped, but I'm giving that method a go now with 14 under a 1k in 3 gals of promix...

I also remember seeing crazy composer talking about putting 2 cuts of ecsd in each pot and lollipopping em, and how that helped his yields with her a bunch... I've never given that method a try for myself but would like to in the future...

Good luck :deadxmas:

picture.php

Last edited:
H

heavy dank nugg

hey chaco you said to throw a little lime at it..... that is used to lower ph from my understanding. so do you also think ive got a ph issue.....over fert = high ph.

EMj

Your plants look good and the bud looks like it kicks. I run it in hydro with an ebb n' flo with good results of about 4-5 oz per plant. You will get it dialed in!

12345ww.jpg

12347n.jpg

I love the strain, Grow On!

G

guest121295

Well hell, I sure appreciate ya'll coming over...I'm all fired up to run this baby into the ground..My main problems apart from pests have been not having her blow up like I would like when flipped at about 12", sometimes the cut just peters out and only gives up about 7grams...then when I flower it bigger I have some great plants but not quite as thumpin' as I'd like. Like I said I am certainly having some unreal smoke and some nice yields too but I know it could be better. I'll take some more cuts tomorrow and think about up to 20 cuts in one 3 x 3 tray, something like that...I have lots of space so I can try 3-4 different styles for the fun of it...For ferts I use Rockwool formula 1 A&B almost exclusively, Dyna Grow and Dyna Bloom and GH 3 part sometimes( cal-mag always) and of course some organics.I'll be off thinking about it for a few, I still have to build this room up...my best out to all of ya', Chaco.:elf:

Latest posts

Latest posts