What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Just a mom looking for advice

packerfan79

Veteran
I haven't heard of diarrhea with cbd, I know bananas can help slow diarrhea. I a not sure if bananas are something your son would eat. My autistic son doesn't like them.

Glad you were able to find someone who may be able to help your son.

How rude and uneducated people can be ,for someone who works in the industry. The stigma still exist even in the medical cannabis industry.

Cookie Hill

I haven't heard of diarrhea with cbd, I know bananas can help slow diarrhea. I a not sure if bananas are something your son would eat. My autistic son doesn't like them.

Glad you were able to find someone who may be able to help your son.

How rude and uneducated people can be ,for someone who works in the industry. The stigma still exist even in the medical cannabis industry.
It's so nice to talk to another autism parent Packerfan79 :) <3

Bananas are hit and miss around here. But I'll give it a shot and see if he's interested in revisiting it as a food option!

I have to agree! I was like- This is a compassion club? WTF, how about helping someone with a real medical issue, rather than catering solely to millennials who just want to get as fucked up as possible?!

Fingers and toes crossed that this works!

LostTribe

Premium user
If he can vaporize, I would look for a high CBD strain like Cannatonic.

We use sublingual troches, but you can taste them and it isn't gourmet.

Is he tasting the CBD or the entourage terpenes. You might try dosing with CBD crystal in food.

I suggest start with a 100 mg dose and titrate up. We gave Pat 300mg doses for siezures.

Hey Brother!

Anything different that would need to be taken into consideration with infusing CBD in edibles or combining with food items?

GW is probably the most knowledgeable.

His recommendation of Cannatonic is good, a high CBD to THC ratio. This would provide relief without the side effects of the high from the THC. Dispensaries at from my experiences in CO are that they normally do not cater to CBD strains at all in most cases.

Other strains high in CBD:
Cannatonic
Charlottes Web (know for high levels of cbd with barely any thc) Highly recommended
Harlequin (5 cbd: 2 thc ratio)
ACDC (20:1 cbd to thc levels) Highly recommended

Hope this helps you
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
It's so nice to talk to another autism parent Packerfan79 :) <3

Bananas are hit and miss around here. But I'll give it a shot and see if he's interested in revisiting it as a food option!

I have to agree! I was like- This is a compassion club? WTF, how about helping someone with a real medical issue, rather than catering solely to millennials who just want to get as fucked up as possible?!

Fingers and toes crossed that this works!

Don't just try raw foods maybe some ice cream or treats infused will prevail! Goo Balls are great too, cookies, the usual brownies etc.

usda101

Been following this thread the last few days and you gals really give me inspiration all that y'all go thru . Wish I could help in some capacity but morale support is all I have to offer at this point . Peace and love to both of you

Spdsk8trgrl

Check out Dr. Christian Bogner drbogner.com. He has a new nasal spray mmj seizure medication being produced in Colorado called CannatollRx, and also has a sublingual called p450 Proxy that includes terpenes to address a brain enzyme targeted by organophosphates seen in autism. Www.cannatol.com. I came across this researching migraine treatments for myself.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
hi cookie. i hope your making progress. im glad you made some headway in the oral route, but i think you should still continue to look into topical applications. its a shame this information isnt more readily available. there are a couple cbd patches you can track down locally or in some cases order, and the isolate can be applied topically in a few different ways. get your post count up if you can, your welcome to spam either of my threads in order to do so. best of luck on your journey, please dont forget to share your experiences so that it might help others hopefully.

Drewsif

Convert his bedroom into a gas chamber, Storz and Bickle style.

It is very easy to get Cannabis into the air supplying the lungs, and it can smell/taste like anything or nothing at all. Sadly the dispensaries have zero interest in helping your sons medical needs, they are recreational outlets posing as medical suppliers.

An Arizer EQ with proper mods and operation can fill a bag with very dense vapor, extracted from whatever flower has the magic combo. You just need to get it in his lungs somehow,such as a medical face mask or enclosed area.

If you need help in California with cbd, get ahold of Kevin Jodrey at Wonderland Nursery, he will make sure you don't go broke on low quality hemp oil the dispensaries are capitalizing off of.