What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best frankincense smelling strain you can buy now?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is this about the smell or the high that you associate with that smell? bigherb would take the high without the smell I am sure.

All the talk of the great high from frankies got me to buy the frankies x jack from Chimera. Also have the punto rojo, old timers haze, colombian gold 72.

Colombian Gold I smoked in the 70's did have a incense smell which I can not define. Maybe more cedar. The high was not outstanding but that was 79 not 72 and they cut it early, all white seeds.

The Acapulco Gold I am growing has a 'musty' type of odor to it. I have heard the church or musty smell used along with frankincense to describe these sativas smell.

Spaventa

Veteran
Is this about the smell or the high that you associate with that smell? bigherb would take the high without the smell I am sure.

All the talk of the great high from frankies got me to buy the frankies x jack from Chimera. Also have the punto rojo, old timers haze, colombian gold 72.

Colombian Gold I smoked in the 70's did have a incense smell which I can not define. Maybe more cedar. The high was not outstanding but that was 79 not 72 and they cut it early, all white seeds.

The Acapulco Gold I am growing has a 'musty' type of odor to it. I have heard the church or musty smell used along with frankincense to describe these sativas smell.

No its just an aroma, nothing to do with high. The thing that leads to much confusion is that we are NOT talking about the smell of the plants or even cured buds.. the smell comes when you burn it. Actual Frankincense burned in churches has a very similar smell to what we are talking about because of the same chemical components causing it.
Its a thick, musky, pungent, old wood smell , often with floral/herbal hints mixed in, sometimes aniseed, jasmine. Some have a buttery quality to the incense, like cakes baking too.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the CG had a cedar scent but the smoke was more like maybe frankincense or sandlewood. USC seeds has a 72 version for sale now.

StRa

Señor Member
Veteran
Strain I smoked with incense taste:

Jack Herer pre 2000 from sensi
Willie Nelson reeferman
Mako Haze Kiwi Seeds
SAGE TH seeds
silver haze 9 sensi
Amnesia haze

heard good things about Western Winds from Sagarmatha

From Chimera unfortunally I bought Frankie Haze and incense trait is not well expressed with this one, dont get confused by the name....BTW I hope to try simply Irr. and incense haze x ChemDd one day.....

Thanks for sharin everybody and great thread!!!!

boom

rolandomota

well i want to grow purple haze because it has flavors i want to experience. Lost tribe just finished one that he said smells and tastes like old monk incense with a strong incense smell from the smoke left in the room. Fresh Purple haze is out of stock at the monent so thats why i suggested old timers haze. Green haze is a good one too. Both the green and purple haze mothers were selected for incense smells as part of their terpenes. Im not sure how often these incense plants pop up though but it sounds like the weed can smell and taste like incense and not just the smoke. Good luck and happy hunting. Heres a link to what im talking about
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330853&page=26

Spaventa

Veteran
well i want to grow purple haze because it has flavors i want to experience. Lost tribe just finished one that he said smells and tastes like old monk incense with a strong incense smell from the smoke left in the room. Fresh Purple haze is out of stock at the monent so thats why i suggested old timers haze. Green haze is a good one too. Both the green and purple haze mothers were selected for incense smells as part of their terpenes. Im not sure how often these incense plants pop up though but it sounds like the weed can smell and taste like incense and not just the smoke. Good luck and happy hunting. Heres a link to what im talking about
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330853&page=26

I grew Purple Haze x Malawi last year from ACE seeds. 3 of them. Nothing :( 16 weeks. No incense at all. I also ran their Panama Haze and Tikal... 3 of each and nothing remotely church, frank or f all. I actually still have 3 more of them all but honestly the first lot were so disappointing I can't bring myself to run them.

STRA - I too heard good things about Western Winds. I was sold on it when I heard Kali Mist keepers saying it was more like their pre98 KM than the "updated" genetics BUT here in this thread there a guy saying he ran 3 of the current KM and got 3 out of 3 with frankincense... so not sure if I want to run WW side by side with KM and pick the keeper or just run the new KM, based on the helpful contribution in this thread and calm down lol

Btw - Id like to make it clear, Im not not saying nobody should run those ACE strains - I only ran 3 of each.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I just picked up Some of Sagarmatha's Western Winds and Soma's Amnesia Haze. Its an incense hunting go around for me this time with Ace Haze X Kali China - a variety I have already found to carry the incense trait.

Spaventa

Veteran
I just picked up Some of Sagarmatha's Western Winds and Soma's Amnesia Haze. Its an incense hunting go around for me this time with Ace Haze X Kali China - a variety I have already found to carry the incense trait.

You must get something from those. Amnesia is another Ive thought about trying myself. Would love to know how they turn out for you, best of luck in the hunt ;)

Reggae seeds emailed me back..

"Hi, incense aroma in Respect, Blackdance, Juanita Thank you :)"

I only heard of them because of a strain they do called O haze Red which is meant to be frankincense - I asked if it was the MOST incense of their strains. Apparently not but Ive no idea if they are for real or not.

Im no fanboy, shill or snob though... I'll buy from whoever has what I need

Last edited:
frankiesaysrelax-494x277.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

nksv

Found this report on western winds:

Smoke Report:

Absolutely amazing strain

Smell - frankincense
Taste - frankincense
High - like the drug ecstasy

The western winds is the same as old school NYC haze for any of you who are interested in knowing.

Frankincense delight!

Wow Sagarmartha, I was totally expecting to be let down but boy was I wrong. Absolutely the best haze I've smoked in 15 years.

Bravo!

I wonder if the Kali Mist can compete?

It's a rhetorical question as I will be comparing the Kali in a few weeks.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Puday was hyping Frankies x Jack and now that appears to be kind of wrong of him. He lurks here but does not post anymore? I just checked his page.

He got a 'ecstasy' high off of the Frankies x Jack as well. 3 out of 10 phenos pure NYC haze goodness. I have a pack of it but will not try it soon as I have more stories of good results with my other strains.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Western winds aka kalimist is/was an excellent sativa once.... does/did have incense phenos ... not piff tho... incense can be found in alot of lines sativa n indica...

nksv

Kali mist and Nevilles Haze seem to get recommended a lot but not sure if that's relevant to the 'newer' seed versions. I'd bloody love a frankincense smoke!

Spaventa

Veteran
Kali mist and Nevilles Haze seem to get recommended a lot but not sure if that's relevant to the 'newer' seed versions. I'd bloody love a frankincense smoke!

This is my point also. Its such an big investment of time and resources nobody wants to waste. Ive decided to chase up the old Nevilles I was offered. I'd still like to find others that have other qualities but that will definitely be a guaranteed starting point. I won't stop searching till I find the particular funk Im looking for though, the butter funk as I call it. Like someones smoking nevilles or Kali WHILE making pancakes :)

nksv

Agreed, hence why I haven't followed it up too much. Limited space here. But if something shows up with a more frequent showing of the Frank, I'll def give it a shot.

biRdman )

? Loads smell of Jo's stick fragrance.

Remember wanting WW to be in jostick form !
MANY (mosT) times Im immune to the stuff ! [No matter the " CROWd pulling" name, - 10.0 , g'rilla fks ! ... -- but the Smell-Taste is always there !

"Can you imagine the Downright,Awkwardness." !!!

Last edited: