What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best frankincense smelling strain you can buy now?

Spaventa

Veteran
Chill Om smoke report sounds good.

Smell:
The smell was consistent between both phenos: saldalwood when opening the jar, after grinding it smells like good quality incense. 8/10

Taste:

Taste was also consistent between phenos, which was a generic spicy taste. It was noticeably stronger, but also harsher on the throat with the short plants. 7/10

elanius

Veteran
“Dark, musky..” sounds good.
the price doesn't though, 240 Euro for Skunk Haze huh. Thats some new school price for the old school "haze".

I would recommend everyone to grow Original Haze for pure frankincense terps, especially the 90's version from Golli. A lot of seeds were shared here, dont sleep on them. These plants often reeks of frankincense in veg already. There is different smell developing throughout the flower cycle but once its dried, the aroma comes forward again and finally, its most present in the smoke. The type of incense varies, you can get strong nag champa smell as well, identical to the sticks. But with selection, even vaping the flowers, you are left surrounded with heavy frankincense.
The flowering period can be challenging, if you want something faster, Ace seeds is great source to look for these terpenes with the A5, Panama, Oaxaca and Kali China hybrids.
Also the SSSTN from ojd has the potential, the dried flowers from one of two females smells very similar to green hojari incense resin, which is more citrusy incense than pure frankincense.

A must mention is also the Bandaid Haze x A5 Haze from Karma. The female I found produced the craziest dense frankincense smoke I have experienced yet, while the buds smells floral, heavy musky basement, leather, metallic and incense. Just vaping the flowers leaves such a strong smell in the air that it actually burns my nostrils, you can inhale it like aromatherapy, every breath is full of it. This one took 16 weeks and half a year of cure to express this final form. Excellent weed, I was expecting the effect to be heavy and narcotic but its not like that at all. It was racy a little jittery from the start, but cures to perfect balance, very psychedelic yet positive long lasting and euphoric effect...I have discovered recently, its not the best idea to mix this one with alcohol btw :biggrin:

Bandaid Haze #7 x A5
DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0018.JPG

Cheech87

Yes, the price is exaggerated
Where do you think I should buy Original Haze?
I can no longer find Bandaid haze x a5 at Karma genetics.
I am very interested in such seeds
For my collection I buy 1 to 2 packets every month
But only recently
Started a few months ago

Nannymouse

There are several types of frankincense oil. Serrata and carterii are a couple. They are quite different in aroma, one has a main ingredient listed as thujone and the other has a-pinene as the main ingredient. The carterii(the a-pinene one) has the more smokey aroma in the oil. Thujone isn't something that i would be inhaling...

How any of this relates to the aroma in Cannabis, i dunno. Chemistry wasn't my favorite class.

I have been around many different types of incense, some of the best that i've found are from Japan, without the 'stick', just pure rolled incense. Most of what i've tried is sandalwood base, but there are other bases that have quite the following, like agarwood, palo santo.

Cheech87

I would buy the 50 seed pack of original haze for 100 $ from ag seed Co authentic genetics.(edit) I went to look for them but it seems he has them at 3 packs for 100 now I couldn't find the 50 seed deals anymore
Can't find them in Europe and don't want to send money by post

Spaventa

Veteran
I grew the A5 clone, sent to me from Amsterdam. It’s NL5 dominant looking. It does have a leathery, musky aroma growing and when you grind the buds but none in the smoke. I was beyond disappointed but then I always suspected the Haze C was critical and notable in absence.
I also grew a couple of A5 crosses from Ace and found no “church in the air” when burning those either. None in their Purple Haze x Malawi, none in Tikal, new or old. The only one that had a few phenos with some church was Panama Haze. Not enough to keep though. I ran another pack to see if a better one could be found but no luck.

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
I grew the A5 clone, sent to me from Amsterdam. It’s NL5 dominant looking. It does have a leathery, musky aroma growing and when you grind the buds but none in the smoke. I was beyond disappointed but then I always suspected the Haze C was critical and notable in absence.
I also grew a couple of A5 crosses from Ace and found no “church in the air” when burning those either. None in their Purple Haze x Malawi, none in Tikal, new or old. The only one that had a few phenos with some church was Panama Haze. Not enough to keep though. I ran another pack to see if a better one could be found but no luck.
Did you try with White Widow or Hindu Kush/Master Kush ?
LA affie,Deep Chunk...
"Growers can enjoy the distinctive aroma too; fresh notes of sweet citrus and pine, combined with incense and wood."
Early pearl can also be by Sensi Incensy I plan to grow Shiva Shanti and Shiva Skunk...

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Did you try with White Widow or Hindu Kush/Master Kush ?
LA affie,Deep Chunk...
"Growers can enjoy the distinctive aroma too; fresh notes of sweet citrus and pine, combined with incense and wood."
Early pearl can also be by Sensi Incensy I plan to grow Shiva Shanti and Shiva Skunk...
Ha, I grew Master Kush from Sensi Seeds about 25 years ago lol No church in the ladies I got.

I did Shiva Skunk around the same period too. No incense in the air when burning that either.

I seem to be better at telling people what not to grow lol

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Ha, I grew Master Kush from Sensi Seeds about 25 years ago lol No church in the ladies I got.

I did Shiva Skunk around the same period too. No incense in the air when burning that either.

I seem to be better at telling people what not to grow lol
I didnt wrote what I tought I was waching to grow those 2 and find that EP is also incensy.
Master Kush/Hindu can be incensy by my Expirience purple phenos always are Incensy.

Spaventa

Veteran
I didnt wrote what I tought I was waching to grow those 2 and find that EP is also incensy.
Master Kush/Hindu can be incensy by my Expirience purple phenos always are Incensy.
Yes incensey like CG 90’s Haze and GSC Haze, but not church in the air. There’s oils and woods and spice but the musky element in the smoke, that fills the room… that’s missing.

heirloomganja

the price doesn't though, 240 Euro for Skunk Haze huh. Thats some new school price for the old school "haze".

I would recommend everyone to grow Original Haze for pure frankincense terps, especially the 90's version from Golli. A lot of seeds were shared here, dont sleep on them. These plants often reeks of frankincense in veg already. There is different smell developing throughout the flower cycle but once its dried, the aroma comes forward again and finally, its most present in the smoke. The type of incense varies, you can get strong nag champa smell as well, identical to the sticks. But with selection, even vaping the flowers, you are left surrounded with heavy frankincense.
The flowering period can be challenging, if you want something faster, Ace seeds is great source to look for these terpenes with the A5, Panama, Oaxaca and Kali China hybrids.
Also the SSSTN from ojd has the potential, the dried flowers from one of two females smells very similar to green hojari incense resin, which is more citrusy incense than pure frankincense.

A must mention is also the Bandaid Haze x A5 Haze from Karma. The female I found produced the craziest dense frankincense smoke I have experienced yet, while the buds smells floral, heavy musky basement, leather, metallic and incense. Just vaping the flowers leaves such a strong smell in the air that it actually burns my nostrils, you can inhale it like aromatherapy, every breath is full of it. This one took 16 weeks and half a year of cure to express this final form. Excellent weed, I was expecting the effect to be heavy and narcotic but its not like that at all. It was racy a little jittery from the start, but cures to perfect balance, very psychedelic yet positive long lasting and euphoric effect...I have discovered recently, its not the best idea to mix this one with alcohol btw :biggrin:

Bandaid Haze #7 x A5
View attachment 18961157 View attachment 18961155
Where did Golli his OHz'90s from?

CancerousTerpz

How any of this relates to the aroma in Cannabis, i dunno. Chemistry wasn't my favorite class.

It doesn't.

Here's a list of volatiles from a sample: nonanal, octanoic acid, heptanal, 2-nonanone, 1-hexanol, d-limonene, 1-dodecene, butanoic acid, 3-methyl, ε-caprolactam, hexanoic acid, 2-ethyl-1-hexanol, benzyl alcohol, cyclohexanone, 2-pentylfuran, 2-propenamide, 3-carene, C7 – C30 saturated alkanes, p-xylene, and 2-phenoxyethanol.

99% background noise. A brainwashed stoner would tell me this sample smells like lemon kush. It doesn't. This is the analysis of an offgasing plastic product.

β-santalol is a sandalwood/weed volatile. (1S,2R)-(+)-cis-2-octylcyclopropyl-1-carboxylic acid is a weed/incense volatile. Why are potheads talking about pinene and limonene, not weed or incense volatiles? It's weird everyone wants to talk about pinene and terpinolene instead of medicinal grade gourmet weed flavor molecules?

elanius

Veteran
Original Haze (Seedsman x Golli 90's Haze pheno) I am keeping this cut for 4 + years now
At 4 weeks of flower, already puts out strong incense smell, 16 weeks to go.
I crossed a male, selected from this cut, to the Bandaid Haze#7 x A5, that should be fun to explore for the frankies terps.
DSC_0019.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts