What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds Silver Pearl

Brelva

Worry not friend, the old silver pearl cuts are out there still. Dankonomics genetics is working on an original cut backcross and a few outcrosses but no clue when they'll be released. They post their progress on IG.

Cloneman

Veteran
Oh, what a tangled web we weave. When first we practise to deceive!

I grew SP 20 years ago, loved the keeper cut smelt/tasted of bubblegum, called it that before I heard of bubblegum, shit might of even been bbgum haha

Bud Jones

Worry not friend, the old silver pearl cuts are out there still. Dankonomics genetics is working on an original cut backcross and a few outcrosses but no clue when they'll be released. They post their progress on IG.
Word!! Thx Brelva! I knew someone was holding out , haha . Thx fir the info! 👍✌️

highsteppa

Veteran
I haven't grown silver peal but grown silver haze for years and it a great spicy practical haze. I run an s1 of her too that is way more indica leaning in habit or a silver pearl leaner; produces big spears and the trich coverage is bomb. Its faster too but still holds a lot of the nice haze effect, smell and taste but with added pungency. Good old lines... imo both these cuts hold their own with "elites".

corky1968

Veteran
Actually crossing the Shiva Skunk with the Early Pearl seems like a better
cross for somebody to try to make their own Silver Pearl.

The following was taken online:

a) Shiva Skunk was an instant hit when released as NL#5xSK#1 in 1987.

b) Silver Pearl is a 3-way cannabis hybrid containing Early Pearl, Skunk #1, and Northern Lights.
First the Northern Lights was backcrossed over time with Skunk #1, then this was crossed with
our best Silver Pearl to produce an ideal cannabis strain for indoors or in the greenhouse that is
easy to grow and handles stress well.

Note: I grew Early Pearl a few years ago outdoors and it produced nice pink pistils.

I may have to try making this cross one day if Sensi doesn't.

SENSI SEED BANK - Catalog '96

http://www.sky.org/data/sensi.html

Siever

Veteran
G`day L

Nevil was busted in the 90s lost his stock .
Nevil was supplying Sensi till he was busted .
Shanti got busted 2000s . Says he had back ups .

Shanti redid the NL Hz . Different NL . The clone is long gone .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

What happened to them when they got busted?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day S

They went to jail ...
Nevil in Holland , and Shanti in Switzerland .

Thanks for sharin

EB

Siever

Veteran
A friend once told me that if you have a good lawyer, the sentence is not so bad.
I thought Shanti went to Switzerland because seeds trade was legal over there

bigbadbiddy

He got licensed in Switzerland, yes.

Then some political figure changed in his Kanton (province) and the new guy cracked down hard on cannabis.

So previous administration gave Shanti a license for medicinal research etc. and it was all a-ok and legal.

New administration said he is a criminal, revoked the license and put him in jail.

Pretty retarded stuff, hope this will soon be ancient history never to happen again.

Bud Jones

I belive they played out the Skunk NL crosses with every possible avenue and then started on the Haze NL x Skunk types throwing away the book on the Skunk x NL because it's been done. NL wasn't pure like skunk due to thai influence and thus not useable in medical grows in it's pure form. There was no males to keep NL#5 pure in seed and it was either lost or it's somewhere hoarded in Bedrocan.. I think Steve must have had it along with everyone else @ one time in the old days before the busts. That was where the Kitchen Flavours comes from like garlic and bubblegum and lemon and onions, meat, rotting fish, ripe bannanas and rotting pineapple.

"Isoamyl acetate/Amyl acetate"
Pardon my ignorance .. What is Bedrocan?

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shantibaba was arrested for his 6 litres of cannabis oil extraction contracted by the 'Bodyshop.' Fulfilling his contract obligations broke the Law in the area he was. THC was legal but separating it from the rest of the plant's cannabanoids wasn't legal.. Therefore he had to serve some jail time.. As you do ..

They went to switzerland because of the rules that you can grow THC rich plants for research and there is a way to sell it there as a airfreshner.. Howard and Shanti started with one area one farm but a year later Howard invested in a whole mountain side and it started to be planted further and further in the hills. Most of the legally grown stuff was behing lock and key but I've seen Howards personal photos from his slides and they just grew it out everywhere.. One glasshouse was 3000 square meters.. 3000 plants but they had 50.000 clones in stock at one time.. You do the math.. 6 tonnes of dope for 6 litres of oil is more than 3000 plants..

Bedrocan is the Dutch marijuana farm who supplies the medical sector all over the world.. Even here in the UK we use Bedrocan and not GW.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
ts6.jpg

NL #5 was a clone so EP / SK daddy .

page11.jpg

ts7.jpg

Last edited:

rod58

i first grew SP back maybe in 86 , my first indoor , and then also outdoors ..great big chunky buds they were ..from there i crossed it with skunk#2 which i'd been growing well before that ..to this day its my main grow ..

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good find Elmer Bud...

Looks almost identicle to the plant's i'm working on curently. Same genetic combinations.. Aghan haze.

From what I know Early Pearl was.. Basic 5 x Either Early Pearl or Early girl.

I'd love to know whick of them.. But it wasn't skunk. It's a 3 way and an early type was the male not skunk.

Bud Jones

i first grew SP back maybe in 86 , my first indoor , and then also outdoors ..great big chunky buds they were ..from there i crossed it with skunk#2 which i'd been growing well before that ..to this day its my main grow ..
Lucky man you are .. Mad props sir for preserving her ..

Obsidian

Veteran
Silver Pearl was great stuff back in the late 80's
she's gone never to come back.

she does not exist I tried to find her.

don't fall for the false claims of breeders saying they have her, they don't.
anybody claims to have they are lying to you.

Bud Jones

Silver Pearl was great stuff back in the late 80's

she does not exist I tried to find her.

don't fall for the false claims of breeders saying they have her, they don't.
anybody claims to have they are lying to you.

I like to take the optimistic approach .. If you put good energy into the universe things will find a way into your path ✌️

Latest posts

Latest posts