What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sensi Seeds Silver Pearl

Bud Jones

Sliver Pearl is one of my favorite strains ..ran her in the 90's for a hot minute outside .. . I was wondering if anyone had a line on beans .. Saw a few places online had them in stock .. Not sure what's legit these days . Thx y'all . ✌️

R.A.W

Sensi Seeds stopped producing Silver Pearl after losing one of the parent's. Other Companys Silver Pear don't use the same parents obviously. Sensi seeds current Silver Haze regulars are going to be your closest option. (The fem version are going to be hazier).

Last edited:

Bud Jones

Found one online vendor who claims to have og Sensi stock .. If they're legit they gotta be old beans .. May give it a shot ..

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
If Im not mistaken there an was an Early Pearl too? I kinda remember doing it in the early 80's. Maybe it was Silver Pearl.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
GHS has "Diamond Girl" supposed renamed Silver Pearl. I grew it. The pheno I got was very similar to the Early Pearl and Early Pearl x Skunk I used to grow mid-late 90's. Might be worth looking into for ya.

Bud Jones

GHS has "Diamond Girl" supposed renamed Silver Pearl. I grew it. The pheno I got was very similar to the Early Pearl and Early Pearl x Skunk I used to grow mid-late 90's. Might be worth looking into for ya.

Thx man .. Useful info if the other online vendor for the original Sensi version don't pan out .. Not so sure about GHS tho .. Wonder if there is any grow reports for Diamond Girl out there . Peace .

Bud Jones

If it's Sensi's Silver Pearl they're going to be almost over 15 years old. What pheno do you aim for with the Silver Pearl anyways? The orig. was NL#5 clone with an earlypearl/sk bx male .
R.A.W , I'd be glad to have any pheno .. An NL5 leaner would be choice ..

bigbadbiddy

You could check out Mr. Nice seeds OP.

I know they have Early Girl (renamed Early Queen) along with Early GirlxSkunk and Early GirlxHaze.

Not sure if they have Early GirlxSkunkxNL though but you could check it out.
If they don't, you could get their Early GirlxSkunk and cross it with your own NL (or get their Ortega for that).

Their genetics are well preserved and from back when Shanti and Neville left Sensi. So aside from old seed stock, I think Mr. Nice might be your best bet.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just tried the Diamond girl and its very nice bud...but not quite the Incense-caramel flavour of the SP pheno I really liked. The Mum I kept in the early 90's was mostly NL5 in structure with Skunk calyx to leaf influence,but flavour was more from the EP,my girl wasn't a big yeilder tho' some pheno's were decent enough yielders. I loved my Silver Pearl....shame they lost parents. Used to always get great SP from a few A-Dam coffeshops back then too,really delicious with a big grin,giggley buzz.
I tried to ask Shanti about a Silver Pearl rebirth a few years back(after badgering Sensi since forever) and got no response unfortunately....You would think he would have something close to the original parents amongst their parent stock? Do MNS have original Nev NL5 clone still? anyone know?
Maybe its the lack of NL5 clone that is also the missing link in some lines(not just the missing Haze Dad)...hence recent NL5Haze's Really aint the same from any company as it was originally either. And the Siver Haze Female Sensi release is bcos they don't have parents to make it normally anymore probably too and that is also a shame :( although the Female SilverHaze is supposed to be nice hazey stuff.
Luck'n'Lite JBo

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I deffo think MNS seem the most likeley to have it in their power...just not sure they are interested in re-doing it or even something close.
I wonder if there are any nice cuts of her still floating about in The Netherland's?

Bud Jones

They ain't releasing it these days.

I emailed them and posted what Sensi replied here.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6872984&postcount=29

Your bets bet would be to buy some seeds of Sensi Northern Lights
and cross that with Sensi Early Skunk and hope for the best.

That's basically the Silver Pearl's genetic makeup.
but Sensi's only got the NL1.. A lot different than the Nl5.. Bc Seed company's version is hay .. Used to be decent . Bog used it back in the day when it was worth running .. Someone's got to be holding some original Silver Pearl cuts or F2's uggh lol.

bigbadbiddy

Again:
The Ortega from MNS is Nl#1xNl#5.

I would get the Early Girl/Queen x Skunk and the Ortega from MNS and cross it myself.

As to Shanti not responding Londinium:
The crew at MNS seems quite swamped and engaged in many projects and ventures at a time.
Things take time and sometimes fall through the cracks.

You could a) just try again (although I would wait a month or so still, communication at MNS seems to have been very slow over the past weeks, there seem to have been some staffing issues or whatever) or b) go to their board, create an account and post in the "ask Shanti" section.
Sometimes you are more likely to get a response over there.

But from what I could gather, releasing new strains under the MNS label seems to be be very low on their list and hasn't been happening all too fast or often in the past either (which I think is a good thing).
Their energy seems to be mostly directed towards their CBD Crew collaboration for a while now and I don't see that changing for the time being.
So I would be surprised if they were going to release any new strain under MNS any time soon.

Good luck!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
. I loved my Silver Pearl....shame they lost parents.
I tried to ask Shanti about a Silver Pearl rebirth a few years back(after badgering Sensi since forever) and got no response unfortunately....You would think he would have something close to the original parents amongst their parent stock? Do MNS have original Nev NL5 clone still? anyone know?
Maybe its the lack of NL5 clone that is also the missing link in some lines(not just the missing Haze Dad)...hence recent NL5Haze's Really aint the same from any company as it was originally either. And the Siver Haze Female Sensi release is bcos they don't have parents to make it normally anymore probably too and that is also a shame :( although the Female SilverHaze is supposed to be nice hazey stuff.
Luck'n'Lite JBo

G`day L

Nevil was busted in the 90s lost his stock .
Nevil was supplying Sensi till he was busted .
Shanti got busted 2000s . Says he had back ups .

Shanti redid the NL Hz . Different NL . The clone is long gone .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bigbadbiddy

Neville did have a stint with MNS after leaving Sensi. (there are lots of his forum posts being thrown around and cited regularly there, quite a few great reads if you dig hard enough).

He and Shanti apparently did quite a bit of work in that time although if memory serves, Neville was mostly working on getting outdoor Haze in the Netherlands (so early haze is probably his most recent work at MNS?).

Anyway, he succeeded but then had to go into hiding in Australia, where he apparently remains to this day and last I heard was on the board of AUSCann.

As for the Northern Lights, the "purest" form they were ultimately able to offer resulted in the Ortega with a NL#1 and NL#5 as parent stock because one NL#5 parent was apparently lost.

Aside from that, Shanti maintains that he has several backups of all parent stock spread across countries and continents (which may or may not have been implemented as a policy after losing that NL#5 parent).

The results from MNS stock seem to support his claim as reports of declining quality are rare if existent at all.

My impression of them as a seedbank is that they fit exactly the bill of OP:
Well preserved strains "from the good old days" that haven't lost much if anything through the years.
Additionally they have both early queen x skunk and Northern Lights (Ortega) available. Just not a cross of the two and the Ortega arguably not being "the real deal NL#5". But all my research into Ortega told me that it is "it" with regards to Northern Lights.

Go to the auctions, a pack of early queen x skunk should run you between 10 and 20 bucks and a pack of Ortega between 20 and 30 bucks. You might very well receive 40 seeds total from the two packs.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Neville did have a stint with MNS after leaving Sensi. (there are lots of his forum posts being thrown around and cited regularly there, quite a few great reads if you dig hard enough).

He and Shanti apparently did quite a bit of work in that time although if memory serves, Neville was mostly working on getting outdoor Haze in the Netherlands (so early haze is probably his most recent work at MNS?).

Anyway, he succeeded but then had to go into hiding in Australia, where he apparently remains to this day and last I heard was on the board of AUSCann.

As for the Northern Lights, the "purest" form they were ultimately able to offer resulted in the Ortega with a NL#1 and NL#5 as parent stock because one NL#5 parent was apparently lost.

Aside from that, Shanti maintains that he has several backups of all parent stock spread across countries and continents (which may or may not have been implemented as a policy after losing that NL#5 parent).

The results from MNS stock seem to support his claim as reports of declining quality are rare if existent at all.

My impression of them as a seedbank is that they fit exactly the bill of OP:
Well preserved strains "from the good old days" that haven't lost much if anything through the years.
Additionally they have both early queen x skunk and Northern Lights (Ortega) available. Just not a cross of the two and the Ortega arguably not being "the real deal NL#5". But all my research into Ortega told me that it is "it" with regards to Northern Lights.

Go to the auctions, a pack of early queen x skunk should run you between 10 and 20 bucks and a pack of Ortega between 20 and 30 bucks. You might very well receive 40 seeds total from the two packs.

G`day BBB

Nevil didn`t work with Shanti at MNS ...
He sold Shanti his seeds and what cuts he had left .

While he was on the forum he spoke of his days in Holland . Said he didn`t know what Shanti was doing as far as breeding .

Hadn`t tried Mango haze till a forum member sent him a sample .

They were partners in Green House with Arjan . And Shared some males .

So not as the picture you paint .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

corky1968

Veteran