What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goodbye Joey Weed

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I've grown out several Joey Weed strains, made F2's and have a couple of original packs left in the fridge. Blue Widow is really good for fibro pain.

..... always respected JW, sorry to see him go.:tiphat::tumbleweed:

supherbb

Grew out Joey's C99, it was seriously dank and the smell was unreal. Damn shame he is gone, would love to have grabbed another pack of that Cindy.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_1530.jpg
    100_1530.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 18
  • macro5.jpg
    macro5.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 19

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grew out Joey's C99, it was seriously dank and the smell was unreal. Damn shame he is gone, would love to have grabbed another pack of that Cindy.

A friend of mine grew a pack of these, and I got a clone of the best one. It was just as good as the original C99. I don't have that mother plant anymore, but I grew some from Gypsy Nirvana last year that turned out just as good. I don't ever plan on losing the mother plants I kept from that grow.

paper_clip

I still run Joeys C99, has to be the fastest flowering or growing plant I've ever had, it smells nothing like skunk or foul odors it smells like straight up fruits, not a foul, skunk fruit smell like, the fruit section of the store. I'm actually laughing because in the summer I'll have the flowering room going and I always find dead fruit flies on the C99, but not on anything else in my room, probably thinking it's real fruits lol :biggrin:

fungzyme

Does anybody actually know firsthand that he's gone from the seed biz? I mean it kind of looks that way from the fact his inventory has dwindled down to almost nothing at (the seed vendor's that shall go nameless), but I'd hate to write him off if he's just taking a break...

Of course if someone who knows him mentions this thread to him, at least he'll know he was respected among growers and his absence is being felt.

T

trichster

I use to run his gear(blue apollo, white russian, sugar berry, nl/99, moon shadow, and a11xc99) until the Cali revolution with chems/diesels/kushs came along. His strains were always as he described. I use to chat with him on CW forum back before this site existed. Im going to message his vender see if I can find out if he is done with the seed biz or if he is taking a break.

F

Funion

@ fungzyme, I agree with your sentiment and hope he sees this little homage. I wrote Brad some months back when I got the vibe he may be dwindling down. He seemed to have the same feeling. I would be very happy to be wrong about his departure. I wish JW had turn-keyed his business. That would have been cool!

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will miss Joey too! I still have more than a half pack of Apollo 11 and C99, though.

I wish him the best and hope he has just retired, kinda like Bro Grimm did.

I

icon

the 1st time i grew bb x c99 it came out way better (grown in organic soil) then my 2nd attempt (grown in coco using canna coco nutes) still smoking on whats left over from my 2nd attempt these small popcorn nugs dont look like anything real special but this pheno is.
picture.php

phog

Veteran
Ahh, my first time smoking a sativa dom, it was joeys c99 x apollo11- pretty good herb. I don't think my eyes have ever been so bloodshot! Lol. I was also given some sugar blossoms and they were great too. A few years after that I grew out joeys northern light- huge top colas, very balanced happy high that hit you right behind the eyes. I love the nl, I've been waiting for it to come back in stock for a year. Good times, I still have his ak99 but wish I had the northern lights.

T

trichster

so i talk to his vendor and he said he hasnt heard from him in a year and doesnt know what has happen to him. I wish him the best in what ever hes doing now!

moondawg

Its a crying shame if he's gone. He was the only source for the original White widow and several other plants that he had mothered since their inception. His white Widow was a cutting from the award winning plant. A number of other cuts he had saved were straight from the original seed packs or were gifted to him by the creator. He had some very unique stock..

His sugar berry was sublime. One of the best smokes ive ever had.

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
The closest thing to my holy grail has been a plant I found in Joeys A11. Unfortunately I never made F3's.

I always wanted to try his AK99. Went to buy it the other week actually and his seed list was depleted. I contacted the supplier and they said they haven't heard from Joey in months.

An amazing breeder that never got the respect he deserved.

Wow that sucks. I grew out his C99XA11 and White Russian.... can't say enough about the WR... will dig up some pics later.

Anyways...
Everything was grown under 600w... 5gal and 3 gal buckets and you can sort see the difference. The last shot is from a few clones that went straight to flower in 2 liter pop bottles.
C99 x A11 2-3 weeks in flower.

IMG_0640.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5975.jpg
    IMG_5975.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5959.jpg
    IMG_5959.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited by a moderator:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I really dont know much about Joey or his weed. After seeing all the props hes getting here, Ill have to search the threads. Especially since I got his kaotic (bb x c99) F2's as a freebie from the Bay. Sounds like I was blessed. cheers

RedReign

All of Joey's gear was dank.

Grew his C99, Apollo 11, NL, Sugar Blossom, and AK99.

I still have plenty of the C99 and A11, wish I had more of his NL and AK99.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thanks Icon. I started reading that when I 1st looked for info. Where yours an earlier expression (not F2's)? Im just wondering if these seeds have a few years on them, or if they were made last year. Just finished your log. Cant wait to see what Ive got.

Ive now got a wee container w/ a bunch of seeds. That some how makes me happy. cheers

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Look through my albums to see when they where made.