What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My girls are dying! Please Help!

kalimanjero

This is the first time i grow anything. And I thought I was doing not that bad until a couple of days. Suddenly my girls look terrible. What am i doing wrong?

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 19

MrMMJ

You need to provide more details to get the best advice. From the pictures alone, I'd say they look overfed and overwatered, which is throwing the PH out of whack and preventing absorption. The string choking the main stalk doesn't help.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard to tell with just those pics, but my guess would be overwatered.
What medium are you using? Looks like peat.
How much water did you use in that watering?
How long have those girls been drooping like that?
How many gallons are those bags?

kalimanjero

Thank you all for the replies.

I am growing 2 random bag seeds in Plagron Bat mix soil. My smart pots are 19lt (5 galon). I am at the flowering stage of 3 weeks i guess. I have a 100cm*60cm*40cm stealth box and at the vegetative stage and begining of flowering until yesterday i used 9 * 14w, 1521lumen, 6500k philips led bulbs, now i started to use 9 * 11w, 990 lumen 3000k oem led bulbs. Heat is around 25 C at the night cycle, and 29-30 C at day cycle. For a week or so, days are geting hotter in here so temperature of the set up is also increasing. And i started to use a fan and able to lower it around 29-30 C again. but one day it have gone around 35 C.

Tips of the leaves were getting yellower, like burning. So i googled it and might give a chance on PH deficiency, it looked like ph of the soil is higher than it should be. i have a primitve gauge for ph, light and moist. I have watered it a day before but i mixed 0,5lt water with some grape vinegar and give it anyway. and the next day i watered it again with 1 lt water and 3 tbspoon of grape vinegar to lower the ph of the soil.

when the day cycle hit 35 C, i have also watered with my mixture. and that is when everything went downways. next day my girls leaves droped , some curled and turn in to yellowish.

What do you think i should do starting from now?

ArcticHerbsman

Hello brother!

Seems likely it can be ph is off in the soil, if so it will take some days before you see any improvement. Be careful not to overwater in the meantime, as it can add to the problem. Let them dry out a bit and check ph again before next watering.

Good luck!

GoatCheese

Veteran
That's overwatering damage; Droopy leaves; leaves turning brown and yellow and drop off.
Yea, let the medium to dry out abit. While you're waiting for the whole container (bottom part) to dry out abit, you can carefully moisten the top part of the soil if it gets dry and hard, but make sure you water just a little so that it won't drip down to the lower part of the soil that you're trying to dry out...

Try to lift those containers abit so that you can feel their weight in your hands now that the soil is quite moist and keep doing that daily to get a feel how much moisture there still is in the soil. Wet soil weighs several kilos more than dry soil if you have 5 gallons of it.

kalimanjero

Thanks for all the time you are taking to comment. I m deeply appreciated to you all.
I am using fabric pots. Is it possible to overwater in a fabric pot? I am seriously asking :)

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my opinion, when it comes to over watering, the container that you use is not as important as the medium you're utilizing. The medium you're using HOLDS water, so watering will not be as regular as say someone who uses coco. I use the "lift" method. I pick up each bucket to get a "feel" for whether I need to water or not. ALWAYS watch your plant. Learn to "read" her. She will tell you EVERYTHING. This is a teachable moment for you. Now you know when she droops like that, she's telling you something - most likely she's been over watered. Again, this is just my opinion based on MY experience. It'll get better, trust me. Good luck moving forward.

Klompen

Higher temperatures also mean less dissolved oxygen in the water and medium in general. Its kind of a lose-lose situation.

The plus side on grow bags is that if you have a lose enough mix, you can massage the bag to loosen it all up. I would strongly recommend gently doing so if you can. In the future, I would say to go with a looser mix.

My current mix is 6 parts coir, 4 parts perlite, 4 parts verm, 2 parts worm castings, 1 part peat, 1 part gypsum/lime/silicon dioxide(kitty litter crystals), and 1 part random mix of leftover fertilizers. Its way better to skimp on food than it is to skimp on air. Roots can grow right in pure air if conditions are right, but they can't form in pure food no matter what you do.

kalimanjero

In my opinion, when it comes to over watering, the container that you use is not as important as the medium you're utilizing. The medium you're using HOLDS water, so watering will not be as regular as say someone who uses coco. I use the "lift" method. I pick up each bucket to get a "feel" for whether I need to water or not. ALWAYS watch your plant. Learn to "read" her. She will tell you EVERYTHING. This is a teachable moment for you. Now you know when she droops like that, she's telling you something - most likely she's been over watered. Again, this is just my opinion based on MY experience. It'll get better, trust me. Good luck moving forward.

Thank you so much for your wise and encouraging words. Means a lot.

kalimanjero

Higher temperatures also mean less dissolved oxygen in the water and medium in general. Its kind of a lose-lose situation.

The plus side on grow bags is that if you have a lose enough mix, you can massage the bag to loosen it all up. I would strongly recommend gently doing so if you can. In the future, I would say to go with a looser mix.

My current mix is 6 parts coir, 4 parts perlite, 4 parts verm, 2 parts worm castings, 1 part peat, 1 part gypsum/lime/silicon dioxide(kitty litter crystals), and 1 part random mix of leftover fertilizers. Its way better to skimp on food than it is to skimp on air. Roots can grow right in pure air if conditions are right, but they can't form in pure food no matter what you do.

I m deeply appreciated for your help.
If you dont mind, i would like to have your opinion about my light setup since it is the main source of heat in the system.
In vegetative stage i used 9*14w 1521lumen 6500K led screw bulb, for a couple of days i switched to 9*11w 990lumen 3000K led screw bulbs. I m thinking maybe i should decrease the number of the bulbs from 9 to 5 and put 30w led bulbs. Surface are of my stealth box is 50*70.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You burnt those plants when you altered the pH with vinegar and then over watered. I like to keep the container size small enough to only hold 7 days of water. It the pot needs water before 7 days, like in "4 days" I would transplant into a slightly larger pot. Keep the containers small to better manage watering and this won't happen. Your containers are too large and won't dry out before 7 days. Also get yourself a liquid pH meter and keep the pH in check and throw away the soil meter with probes because they aren't accurate.

Klompen

I m deeply appreciated for your help.
If you dont mind, i would like to have your opinion about my light setup since it is the main source of heat in the system.
In vegetative stage i used 9*14w 1521lumen 6500K led screw bulb, for a couple of days i switched to 9*11w 990lumen 3000K led screw bulbs. I m thinking maybe i should decrease the number of the bulbs from 9 to 5 and put 30w led bulbs. Surface are of my stealth box is 50*70.

At some point its going to require either a reduction in heat output or an increase in air exchange. A sealed system definitely has major wattage limitations.

Are you talking centimeters when you refer to your space? If that is inches, that space is huge. Otherwise your 118 or so watts is probably more than you need in that space.

kalimanjero

You burnt those plants when you altered the pH with vinegar and then over watered. I like to keep the container size small enough to only hold 7 days of water. It the pot needs water before 7 days, like in "4 days" I would transplant into a slightly larger pot. Keep the containers small to better manage watering and this won't happen. Your containers are too large and won't dry out before 7 days. Also get yourself a liquid pH meter and keep the pH in check and throw away the soil meter with probes because they aren't accurate.

Thanks man :)
What are your thoughts about the recovery of the plants? What do you suggest?

kalimanjero

At some point its going to require either a reduction in heat output or an increase in air exchange. A sealed system definitely has major wattage limitations.

Are you talking centimeters when you refer to your space? If that is inches, that space is huge. Otherwise your 118 or so watts is probably more than you need in that space.

Thank you for the reply. Yes i am talking cm :)

Klompen

So that space, if I am calculating correctly, is about 3.75 square feet. That means your 118W is about 31-32W per square foot(sorry, I have to convert it because that's what I am used to). That's actually not as bad as I initially thought. Still, I wouldn't raise the amount any. Just increase cooling asap and massage those bags. If they're dangerously ill, transplanting them into a looser medium might save them.

kalimanjero

So that space, if I am calculating correctly, is about 3.75 square feet. That means your 118W is about 31-32W per square foot(sorry, I have to convert it because that's what I am used to). That's actually not as bad as I initially thought. Still, I wouldn't raise the amount any. Just increase cooling asap and massage those bags. If they're dangerously ill, transplanting them into a looser medium might save them.

Your help means a lot to me. I am grateful. Thank you so much

:dancer: - never saw this smiley before and i may never have chance to use it again so i tried - insert out of context smiley here - :dancer: