What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Adding PH up to micro? Bloom? For dosatron

JJ Lowe

We switched over from jacks to Lucas recently using 2 dosatrons. The jacks and RO would PH out to 5.8ish. The GH micro/bloom combo is around 5.4. Trying to avoid adding an additional injector if possible. I experimented around with adding the ph up to the stock solutions, the micro didn’t work so well, the bloom seemed to mix in without any issues.

Any reason I couldn’t just add PH up to the bloom as needed for a final PH of 6? Would it eventually fall out of suspension? Anyone tried this?
Thanks..

Absolem

Nutrient companies like to keep their ph around or under 4 to stop any microbial growth. If you are topping off your dosatron once a week adding ph up to only that then your good to go. If you are adding ph to the whole bottle and it sits for months it will make the preservatives less effective causing the nutrients to have some funky growth inside.

JJ Lowe

I’ll tinker around with it a bit. Usually burn through the 6gallon tanks every few weeks. Maybe I’ll start with some 1gallons. Thanks for the info!!

JJ Lowe

Just a quick update, I did a trial run mixing up some ph up with the bloom, it worked great initially, but after a few hours it started to separate causing some crystallized sediment to form at the bottom on the solution. I ended up just purchasing a Milwaukee ph controller for my RO res that feeds the injectors. So far so good..

Latest posts

Latest posts