What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moldy armpits? Attacked/brown/rot at nodes/branch points in veg?

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Anyone know what this may be from? Some plants are affected more than others. The area where a fan leaf falls off from the stalk, some have brown spots. It looks similar to what spreads and kills the branch or top if not whole plant although I'm not sure if it is environmental or pest related. I topped the Bigfoot Glue and used Tanglefoot tree seal on the exposed stem which seems to be holding up so far. Caramel Cream had a larger spot I cleaned then sealed but it looks like the stalk may be turning brown above the sealed area - unsure if it will hold until harvest or if topping is a wiser move. Maybe more water than necessary. I have Organocide plant doctor to spray, also 3 in 1, potassium bicarbonate, Plant Therapy and Bt.

Thank you for any suggestions.