What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How about that silver?

igrowone

Veteran
Ya I find a lot of foreign coins and wheat pennies.
treasure sits and waits for those who will look
seen some very interesting coinstar hordes
the best I've seen claimed is a US 1$ gold dollar coin
looks a bit like a penny as far as size
that would be an interesting find alright

St. Phatty

Whenever I see a Coinstar, I check the return slot for anything Pre-1965, as it gets automatically rejected.

View Image

once i got about $4 change out of one.

but only once.

I bought a metal detector, so now I'm thinking about what to do when the rocks make it beep.

attachment.php

Would love to find some NATURAL Silver, or copper, or ferrous, or gold.

ANY nice samples of metal crystals.

The pic is a silver crystal, silver sulfide maybe.

Attachments

• DEN2006-87canadaacanthite.jpg
    DEN2006-87canadaacanthite.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 32

Green Squall

igrowone - Best I've seen is someone finding a Morgan Silver Dollar in a Coinstar. Best I've personally found was a 1964 Kennedy Half Dollar, although it was at the bank change machine.

Phatty - I've been interested in a metal detector for a long time, but have never pulled the trigger. I live in a very old town, so who knows what kind of stuff is around here. A few years back a historic house was being lifted off its foundation for repair and someone asked the owner if they could bring in their metal detector. Ended up finding a half a dozen coins dating to the late 1700s and early 1800s, a door handle, five brass buttons of varying sizes, a piece of coral, two clay pipe stems, pottery shards and a shoe buckle. Might not be worth a ton, but I think the history of it is interesting.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
$29.25 on the peak and down to $22.38 now

I'm thinking it's going back to the $19 level unless there's some real bad news.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
The ratio is 83 and climbing. Damn. APMEX is still $6 premium over spot on a box of 500 ASEs. Canadian leafs are a little cheaper. Last several boxes I have bought were leafs (4x9 purity too!), but the boxes were under $9K.

Green Squall

Just took up an offer at Littleton Coin Company for a 1oz American Silver Eagle priced at $19.99 - well under spot. The catch is, they will send you other coins to consider, but you can send them back in a prepaid envelope and then opt out of future offers.

gladysvjubb

Veteran
Silver is wonderful and I own a bit.
The real action RIGHT NOW is in cryptocurrencies if you want to make any real money.
Yesterday I pointed out the fact that we had been going sideways for 4 weeks.
Sure as shootin' the rally started 15 minutes later.
These are buy and holds for the next 6-7 years.
You will see.
BTC
ETH
LINK
OMG

St. Phatty

Interesting how the Silver price runs up when the US gov announces they're going to print another $Trillion digital dollars.

Meanwhile, in between those announcements - there's still many $Trillions, newly created, looking for a home.

Of course, the "home" for those dollars is usually temporary, decided by investors looking for "returns".

If you get 5% returns of a currency that depreciates 6% a year, what do you have, anyway ?

Anyway, seems like Silver has been trading in the $23-$24 range.

Won't hold my breath but maybe it's about to visit $25 again ?

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Phatty, IDK, Allot of the market run has been based on the notion that trump will bail out businesses first and they can run wild without regulation to worry about. If / when trump looses reality will come back with covid, bankruptcies, evictions, etc, Expect gold, silver and safe plays - guns, medical etc to take off again as everything else drops.

St. Phatty

Phatty, IDK, Allot of the market run has been based on the notion that trump will bail out businesses first and they can run wild without regulation to worry about. If / when trump looses reality will come back with covid, bankruptcies, evictions, etc, Expect gold, silver and safe plays - guns, medical etc to take off again as everything else drops.

The Bear Creek Armory had a very strange pricing approach for a while.

Selling complete 24" heavy & bull barrel uppers for under $200.

I could not resist, and loaded up.

Now they're all $400+.

For example, I paid about $48 for a .223 Wylde 24" bull barrel with 1:8 rifling.

Very hard to find one for under $200.

Will probably list it at the range for $150.

The prices are so good I wonder if there is a defect in the rifling or something.

I looked on Craigslist collectibles this morning. No bullion anywhere, just some 63 & 64 proof sets for $100+.

Feels good to see Silver at $25 & Change ! ! ! :trampoline:

brickweeder

Egon is one person I purposely no longer listen to because its the same thing over an over and over and over and over and over and over again (and over and over again). Steven Leeb is another I can't stand listening to, not only because its the same thing over again (it is), but because he sounds like a dweeb. But I do like silver, nothing fumes glass like silver.

St. Phatty

Egon is one person I purposely no longer listen to because its the same thing over an over and over and over and over and over and over again (and over and over again). Steven Leeb is another I can't stand listening to, not only because its the same thing over again (it is), but because he sounds like a dweeb. But I do like silver, nothing fumes glass like silver.

Yeah, Leeb is a Dweeb - something to be proud of !

Sort of like Greyerz with more Caffeine and a whiney New York accent.

St. Phatty

Official Fed Digital Money hits a New Peak

Official Fed Digital Money hits a New Peak

attachment.php

Fed-Fred Wednesday Assets is up to $7.177 Trillion.

Would think these paper assets would leak over to Stocks, Commodity Prices, etc.

Attachments

• fred2.jpg
    fred2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Latest posts