What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Spots on leaves, then dying

SundayGrower

I watered with 2Liter of water per pot to check run off and it was from 6.05, 6.20 and 6.35. So i think everything is fine. I will watch now and wait for your help.

And one more question on the side note.

I have auto in 30 day of flowering stage or so, is it possible it already has milky Trichomes ? I was watching them with my microscope and they look already milky, isn’t it to quick?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I have had problems with AN Nutrients lineup and when I changed Nutrients the problems went away.

SundayGrower

That was not helpful at all.

Okey so I’m keep struggling. I have a tight war in tent but I’m trying to separate sick plant from healthy as much as I can because after I cut off the sick leaves it only came back to this one lady. Hopefully it will not spread quickly. Here is some more photos hopefully someone have a treatment.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MrBungle

P is weird cause you can have plenty of it in the media or soil or even the nutrient solution, but none of it is available, cause of media temps and/or pH is off... I think letting the soil get too dry can cause these things too... It can be very tricky indoors in the Summertime... Everything looks good overall.. It'll still smoke good too :D

SundayGrower

I checked Ph it was 6.05 6.30 and 6.5 or Smth in that range in all 3 pots. It’s looks good only because I cut all the leaves like week ago. In the next two weeks or even one it will look worse. My concern is not about the “thing” but because it spread last time on other plants I’m worried. I tried to separate this one but I don’t have much space so still some leaves touches other plants

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
I think the damage is from a variation of insects, including leafminers (it seems like there is a tiny black fly whose larvae make these very small horse shoe shaped leafminer trails in the leaf) and maybe thrips or spidermites.

The first thing to do is to prune all the leaves and small branches going nowhere below the canopy. Increased airflow should help and pruning also takes away the insects that are on the leaves, reducing the pressure on the plant.

geoffo

You NEED a PPM E/C meter to solve your problem or itll just keep coming back. Its not all caused by pests in fact theyre more attracted to sick and weak plants.

About 95 out of 100 problems all boil down too the same thing.
Usually overwatering by not allowing the medium to dry properley inbetween. You MUST water heavy enough to allow runoff each time though or the salts and nutes will build up in the medium and youll get nute lockout showing defiencys even though the issue is actually toxicity.

Ive got the same symptoms on a couple plants ive not runoff properley. Measured the runoff, 3280PPM 2960PPM
Other plants are below 1000PPM and are fine.

Let the plant pot dry out. Finger feels dry when you stick it an inch in the pot.
Make a 300-400PPM NPK nute, add the nirvana the triacontanol will help and ph to 5.8-6.0.. I aerate the solution with a pinwheel pump to saturate it and get the temp to 18-19c before i flush the pot. I put as much as i can get through the pot in 10-15minutes to get the runoff PPM reading down.
I get no negative reaction and stalled growth commenced within 24hours. Nutrient uptake returned as i could see the plant change hue/colour back to how it should be.

Almost all problems start with the watering, then ph, and nute excess through buildup.

Using a weak PPM flush is better than plain water it allows the plant to still exchange some salts

SundayGrower

You NEED a PPM E/C meter to solve your problem or itll just keep coming back. Its not all caused by pests in fact theyre more attracted to sick and weak plants.

About 95 out of 100 problems all boil down too the same thing.
Usually overwatering by not allowing the medium to dry properley inbetween. You MUST water heavy enough to allow runoff each time though or the salts and nutes will build up in the medium and youll get nute lockout showing defiencys even though the issue is actually toxicity.

Ive got the same symptoms on a couple plants ive not runoff properley. Measured the runoff, 3280PPM 2960PPM
Other plants are below 1000PPM and are fine.

Let the plant pot dry out. Finger feels dry when you stick it an inch in the pot.
Make a 300-400PPM NPK nute, add the nirvana the triacontanol will help and ph to 5.8-6.0.. I aerate the solution with a pinwheel pump to saturate it and get the temp to 18-19c before i flush the pot. I put as much as i can get through the pot in 10-15minutes to get the runoff PPM reading down.
I get no negative reaction and stalled growth commenced within 24hours. Nutrient uptake returned as i could see the plant change hue/colour back to how it should be.

Almost all problems start with the watering, then ph, and nute excess through buildup.

Using a weak PPM flush is better than plain water it allows the plant to still exchange some salts
I never overwatered my plants. I water when my pot is light so like every 2-4 days. It depend. I water always with runoff. I can remember watering without run off on plants older then 3 weeks. On younger plants I water just a bit. I decided that no one can help me so it has to be some fungus or insect, I ordered BT spray and will try to work with that because cutting all infected leaves, even the ones with just 1 dot or smth didn’t help. Watering with nutes didn’t help, same with only water. It has to be some sickness, from what I’ve read I can’t use neem oil in flower but a lot of people used Bt spray against budworms for a lot of insects on flower. That’s my last chance. On the other hand that sickness isn’t slowing down my bud growth so that’s a good thing, it’s just pain to watch my plants fighting with “cancer” lol

geoffo

I never overwatered my plants. I water when my pot is light so like every 2-4 days. It depend. I water always with runoff. I can remember watering without run off on plants older then 3 weeks. On younger plants I water just a bit. I decided that no one can help me so it has to be some fungus or insect, I ordered BT spray and will try to work with that because cutting all infected leaves, even the ones with just 1 dot or smth didn’t help. Watering with nutes didn’t help, same with only water. It has to be some sickness, from what I’ve read I can’t use neem oil in flower but a lot of people used Bt spray against budworms for a lot of insects on flower. That’s my last chance. On the other hand that sickness isn’t slowing down my bud growth so that’s a good thing, it’s just pain to watch my plants fighting with “cancer” lol

Does the issue first start like this in my pic?
That appeared on most my plants when i flushed excessive salts out. Runoff was 2700PPM, i knocked it down each watering rather than in one go as plants dont like 30-40litres putting through the soil in one go or ime it doesnt end well.
So i use a 500ppm ph6 npk solution whats oxygen saturated, runoff 2-3litres and i put about 6 in in total. 3litres usually gave me 200-300ml runoff but cant of been enough.

I did already have it on 2 plants, the 2 smallest what wasnt fully drying out before been rewatered, laziness on my part.. So i assumed the issue starts there.

Il re read your thread properley again and edit my post if i can come up with something more useful.

Thrip can cause damage like that too biting the vein on underside of the leaf although its not the cause in my case. Theyre little green wiggly things hide from the light you sometimes see them scurry as you turn the leaf over

Attachments

• 20200714_041802.jpg
    20200714_041802.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 25

geoffo

I cant edit but looked again. Looks like calcium lockout causing defiency. Youve other symptoms of nutrient lockout too causing defiencys.
Most likely Ph is out or youve toxic salt buildup in the pot.
Only way to know for sure is ph and ppm test the runoff when you water next.
It can be caused by over/underwatering as well.
Its suprising how salts can build up in pots. sometimes your plant reacts - stresses - and throws all its stored nutes out, result is a sudden ph swing and ppm buildup in the pot.
Its not on new growth is it, its mid and bottom leafs.. thats mobile nutrients moving within the plant to new growth. calcium n magnesium
Just adding more wont resolve the issue as youve not addressed the cause.