What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do these look like aphids to you?

The123321

I found these little white bugs near the bottom of the outside of the fabric pot that I think are aphids or springtails on there.

AkWdmIB.jpg

QyeZnBT.jpg

Md8BFq0.jpg

I then sprayed h202 peroxide on the outside of the pot and watered the pot with h202 peroxide with water. Do those look like aphids or springtails to you? I do not put the plants outside and I highly doubt I would have brought the aphids or springtails in. I guess they must have been in the dehydrated brick of coco or in the fertilizer I mixed in the coco on there? Does store bought soil or coco have aphids in it sometimes in it? Do you think the h202 peroxide water would remove the aphids or springtails from the pot on there?

The123321

Thanks. I have not found any bugs on the leaves and I have not seen any bugs flying around in the tent. Do you think it may be springtails on there?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Rice root aphids (rhopalosiphum rufiabominale) will have ‘tailpipes’ on the abdomen. The reddish color of the bugs in your pics worries me, is it possible to take more pics?

The123321

Thanks. I have already sprayed with h202 peroxide and did a heavy watering with h202 peroxide in water and I have not found more of the bugs on the outside of the pot. If I find the bugs tomorrow I will try to take more images of it. I think they are springtails. I found some images online of springtails and these look very much like that on there. I plan to not water the plant for like 2-3 days and let it dry out then I may do 1 more watering with h202 peroxide then wait 1 day then water with plain water then wait 1 day then water with something like real growers recharge to reintroduce beneficial bacteria microbes to the pot on there.

Jayded

I don't know what they are but they are def not springtails,springtails are more like worms than those crawling bugs in pics

moses wellfleet

Veteran
They do have the shape of springtails, root aphids are more round. Could the color be an effect of light in the pictures?

soserthc1

rarely will you find only a few springtails , they usually congregate in large numbers around the edges of water in your pan/saucers.

Nothing really kills them besides lowering humidity and letting plants dry out some. They feed on dead roots or saturated roots.
They rarely cause any harm when kept in check.

I have found that SLF100 works with root health and eliminating the food source.