What's new

COCO DTW

GoGreenHome

What you think about watering frequency in coco?

My personal experience it works best with 12x watering / 24 hr.
With this im using less nutes and growth explodes.
11L fabric pots.

Im getting away with very low EC and plants love it.

Tried running Advanced Nutrients Coco

Veg: (Started small plants from new seeds)
2ml A+B /10L -> 2,5ml A+B/10L -> 3ml A+B/10L
EC: 0,35-0,45
Water: 0,2 EC

Filled 4x4 in 4 weeks.

Bloom:
6ml A+B/10L (week 1)

Bwanabud

I've actually significantly reduced my water cycles per night, the roots were staying too wet and effecting over all health...going the other way this run.

J-Icky

So just to clarify you are running 12 watering cycles a day?

That seems excessive in DTW Coco. The plant can only use so much and unless you are only feeding a couple of oz of fluid there is no way the plant needs 12 cycles.

I’m currently running, hand water in 1 gal smart pots, with plants 24-28” tall and I’m only feeding once a day and the pots still have moisture.
Next run I will be going automated with a res but even that will only feed 2-3 times a day with minimal runoff.

eyesdownchronic

So just to clarify you are running 12 watering cycles a day?

That seems excessive in DTW Coco. The plant can only use so much and unless you are only feeding a couple of oz of fluid there is no way the plant needs 12 cycles.

I’m currently running, hand water in 1 gal smart pots, with plants 24-28” tall and I’m only feeding once a day and the pots still have moisture.
Next run I will be going automated with a res but even that will only feed 2-3 times a day with minimal runoff.

I assume he is just using drip irrigation, so yes he would only be watering a small amount of each time. I'm sure handwatering works but if you have drip than 12x sounds about right.

indagroove

Veteran
I drip 3 times per light cycle, no drip during lights out. I used to do 5x, and it seemed like too much. 12x seems excessive in coco to me. Are you getting 10% runoff with all your feeds? I'm thinking that you aren't really getting much runoff, which is why the low EC is working for you ok. What's the EC of your runoff?